Chapter 7

Seconds To Breathe

Baekhyun went to the kitchen and was dumbfounded at what he discovered. Chanyeol was standing beside the dinning table. On the table, was a bowl of radish kimchi, a bowl of chicken soup and two bowls of rice for each of them.

"Did you make them?" Baekhyun asked in shock.

"Um..sort of. Kyungsoo helped too," Chanyeol smiled.

"Thank you Chanyeol," Baekhyun's face lit up at the sight of radish kimchi. "Radish kimchi," he said hopefully.

"Let's eat," Chanyeol motioned to the food.

Baekhyun sat down and started eating. Chanyeol stared at him nervously. As Baekhyun took the first bite of the radish, Chanyeol almost held his breath.

"How is it?" Chanyeol asked.

"Delicious," Baekhyun smiled.

"Great!" Chanyeol exclaimed and dig in too.

"Even though Kyungsoo helped you with this, I could still taste the sincerity from you. Thank you, Chanyeol. You.." Baekhyun paused.

"Yeah?" Chanyeol asked.

"You must have heard my story, haven't you?" Baekhyun asked.

"I won't despise you. No matter what your background is, I won't blame you. I'm here to help you. And Kyungsoo? He will always be there for you. We may only met for a few days, but hyung. You are a great person," Chanyeol said quickly.

"Hey, I'm not angry about it. And I won't question you about how you feel. But I am glad that you don't hate me for something so bad that I did."

"Don't blame yourself."

"If I hadn't went unconscious that night, I would have saved my mother. If only I hadn't..." Baekhyun swallowed. 

Chanyeol stood up and walked over to him. For a few seconds, he did not know whether to hug him or not. But he decided to do it anyways. He hugged Baekhyun tightly.

"Whatever happens, I'm not going to let you go," he whispered.

Tears flowed freely and Chanyeol couldn't help but to hug him tighter.

-

Baekhyun went out again today, so Chanyeol went over to KaiSoo again. This time, Chanyeol is composing.

"So he isn't angry?" Kyungsoo asked.

"He cried a lot though," Chanyeol twirled with his pen.

"Typical," Jongin said over his magazines.

"Is he alright?" Kyungsoo asked.

"He is okay, from what he told me. But he is off again," Chanyeol said.

"Probably going to work again," Jongin said.

"I want to help him," Chanyeol pouted.

"It's hard to help such a independent person," Jongin said. Kyungsoo doesn't know is Jongin is joking or not.

"Which is why we have to try harder," Chanyeol told him.

"He is the closest to me. I can help you talk to him," Kyungsoo said.

"Thanks, soo," Chanyeol said gratefully.

-

Baekhyun went over to Yifan's dorm. He shares a room with a guy from the VCMD department. Yifan's roommate was not there that morning, so Baekhyun was relieved to know he can be alone with Yifan. He knocked on the door and was waiting patiently. The door opened, revealing a tall, black-haired Chinese guy. 

"Can I help you?" Yifan asked.

"Are you Wu Yifan?" Baekhyun asked.

Yifan nodded.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol's new roommate. I'm here to tell you about your ex, Zitao," Baekhyun said.

"Zitao?" 

"He missed you."

"You talked to him." 

Baekhyun couldn't figure if he was asking him that or just simply saying.

"Yes and now, I want to talk to you."

"Come in." Yifan let him in.

Baekhyun looked around the dorm. Messy. 

"Don't you two ever clean the dorm?" He asked, not trying to sound rude.

"Nope. Never," Yifan replied. 

"So tell me. About your break up. Everything."

"I'm not really too comfortable telling this to a stranger. But since you are Chanyeol's friend, I guess I could let you in for this."

"I'll keep everything within you, me and Zitao."

"Alright. So first, he found me with my pregnant sister. Zitao accused me for hooking up with her. I tried to talk to him but he just refused to listen to my explanation. I swear to whoever that girl is my sister. She is married, have a kid now. I never ever did that thing with any girl in my life."

"Well...that's easy to solve."

"Zitao doesn't want to talk to me."

"That's because you told him that you don't have feelings for him anymore."

"I said that because I'm angry. He don't trust me, that's why."

"Good news is that, I work in the same store as he is. He told me his side of the story. I can help you two work it out again. It wouldn't be hard. You two just need to talk about the truth."

"Good idea. When is he free?"

"Tonight, at the school park. I'll be there with Zitao."

"Thanks Baekhyun."

-

That afternoon in the store, Baekhyun broke the good news to Zitao.

"You've talked to him?" Zitao asked.

"Yes. I'm delighted to tell you that he wants to talk to you. Tonight at the school park," Baekhyun grinned.

"Really? I didn't expect him to do that."

"The both of you need to communicate. This kind of misunderstandings can be solved if both parties would just listen to each other and have some sense. I'm sure you will forgive him, Zitao."

"You're a really great help. Why aren't the others as smart as you?"

"You mean no one tried to help you two?"

"Not exactly. They did. But in the worst ways ever," Zitao face palmed.

"Tell me."

"They wanted me to dress up as a hot dog and pretend that I am working in a hot dog shop and lie to him that I am short of money and I needed help. And they thought Yifan would pity me and help me with the finance. Over time, feelings will grow and we will love each other again."

"Sorry but," Baekhyun laughed, "whose idea was this?"

"Sehun."

"Wow, Sehun?" 

"So I'm glad you are smarter than the rest."

Baekhyun gave him a thumbs up and they continued working.


A/N: This chapter because my idea is stupid :(