Chapter 2

Seconds To Breathe

Sure enough, Joonmyun came over during lunch time to talk to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo and Jongin joined them.

"Hi! I'm Kim Joonmyun, your class president." They shook hands.

"Chanyeol told me about you. You are a very good class president," Baekhyun smiled.

"He's just complimenting me. Helping people is my job," Joonmyun said.

"Tsk tsk tsk," Jongin cut into the conversation. "As far as I had known, Joonmyun has a dark side." Joonmyun slapped Jongin's thigh and younger screamed in pain.

"That's one of his dark side," Kyungsoo whispered into Baekhyun's ear. "He hits people but not intentionally, and sometimes he is very strict."

"At least I am not like you! You only get showers of love and do nothing at home except for cooking and being Jongin's boyfriend!" Joonmyun snapped.

"Someone's jealous," Jongin grinned.

"You are just wanting a boyfriend. Yixing hyung's a good catch," Kyungsoo teased.

"Who is Yixing?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yixing hyung is a very good student in the BMS. He is on the the course to be a doctor. Sometimes he intern at the local hospital. Joonmyun have a crush on him," Jongin explained.

"Ah I see," Baekhyun smiled. Joonmyun sent death glares at the couple.

-

After school, Baekhyun followed Kyungsoo and Jongin home. But he remembered that he wanted to sign up for the festival.

"Hold on," Baekhyun said.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I need to sign up something. You two can go on." Baekhyun ran off. The couple was puzzled but they continued their journey.

Baekhyun ran to class and found that there is no one. How can he find Mrs Ahn? He went around the school, at last the places that he knows well now. He can't find her in the teachers' offices either. One of the kind teacher told him that she is off to the music room. The problem now is that he does not know where it is. He started to panic. He decided to just ask someone. He approached a guy who was sitting at a bench, listening to some music. He looks friendly.

"Hello..." Baekhyun mumbled. 

The guy took off his headphones. "May I help you?"

"May I know where is the Music room?" Baekhyun asked.

"Sure. Come on," the guy stood up.

"May I know your name?" Baekhyun asked.

"Jongdae. Kim Jongdae," the guy replied. "You?"

"Byun Baekhyun. I'm a transfer student."

"Ah no wonder. I'm happy to help! I'm major Sociology."

"Interesting. Social behaviors!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"So where are you from?" Jongdae asked.

"Bucheon."

"I see! I'm from Guri."

"Who's your roommate?" 

"Kim Minseok. He is my boyfriend and the oldest among the clique."

"Clique?"

"You should know we have one of the biggest cliche. Minseok hyung, Luhan hyung, Yifan hyung, Joonmyun hyung, Yixing hyung, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Zitao, Sehun and me. You can join us!" 

"Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongin are your friend?" Baekhyun widened his eyes.

"Yup. Wait a minute! Are you that Baekhyun? Chanyeol's new roommate, Kyungsoo's childhood friend?" 

"Yes I am!"

"I am so delighted to know you, hyung!" Jongdae exclaimed.

"Me too, Jongdae." 

They chatted for a long time but the both of them did not forget the main purpose of the walking. Soon, they stopped outside a door.

"Here's the Music room." Jongdae pointed to the sign beside the door.

"Thank you so much!" Baekhyun smiled.

"Chanyeol is probably in there. He's always practicing for the annual Music Festival."

"Yes, I have heard of it."

"Go on. I'll see you around." They waved goodbye and Jongdae walked off, putting his headphones on again.

Baekhyun knocked on the door and he can hear a soft 'come in'. He pushed open the door and the air conditioner blew his hair softly. He saw Chanyeol sitting at a corner with his huge guitar. Mrs Ahn was with him.

"Ah, Baekhyun," Mrs Ahn said. Chanyeol smiled softly at Baekhyun.

"I am here to sign up for the Music Festival," Baekhyun said shyly.

"Sure. Come here," Mrs Ahn went to the table and picked up a piece of form. She then handed it to Baekhyun. "Fill this up and hand it to me tomorrow morning."

"Thank you Mrs Ahn," Baekhyun bowed.

"What will you be playing?" Mrs Ahn asked.

"Piano," Baekhyun replied.

"That is fun. I was once a Piano teacher before I joined the school. If you like, I can be your teacher for the festival," Mrs Ahn said.

"That will be good. Thank you Mrs Ahn!" Baekhyun smiled.

"And maybe, the both of you can perform together," Mrs Ahn looked at the two. Baekhyun gasped at Chanyeol. 

"I requested it," Chanyeol explained to Baekhyun.

"Will you agree?" Mrs Ahn asked.

"Sure," Baekhyun nodded, although he wasn't really so sure.

-

That night, they were both back to their dorm after having dinner with the KaiSoo couple.

"I met Jongdae, he helped led me to the Music room," Baekhyun told Chanyeol.

"Jongdae hyung? I'm surprised he did not lead you the wrong way," Chanyeol laughed.

"Why?" Baekhyun asked.

"He is a troll. He always play pranks. I do not know why he did not play a prank on you," Chanyeol explained.

"Well..It will be scary for a new student to be lost, wouldn't it?" Baekhyun said.

"Yes. True. But hyung doesn't really care who. But all his pranks and jokes are harmless. No one gets really hurt. Unless the victim takes his jokes seriously."

"He told me you are in a clique. I would want to join you guys."

"The clique broke up..." There was a hint of sadness in his tone.

"Why?" 

"Zitao. He is Yifan hyung's ex boyfriend. He was disappointed in Yifan hyung when he saw Yifan hyung with a girl. Yifan hyung later confessed that he does not have feelings for Zitao. Yet, Zitao doesn't want to give up. The clique soon divided into half and started defending both sides. No one can win."

"Who do you support?" 

"Zitao."

"The clique broke up after we had a fight. No one really spoke. Only a few of us but the clique is now broken. Zitao and Yifan hyung broke up. The only couples now are Jongdae hyung with Minseok hyung and Kyungsoo with Jongin."

"That is really sad." Baekhyun said, yawning.

"If you are planning to revive the clique, I think you better not. Zitao has a bad temper and Yifan hyung now buried himself with school work. We don't see them often." Chanyeol turned off the lights.

"Good night, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said.

"Good night hyung..."

-

The next day, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Baekhyun were all eating lunch together.

"So where did you go yesterday?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I went to sign up for the Music Festival. I'll be performing with Chanyeol," Baekhyun replied.

"Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo repeated. "But he isn't the type to perform duet."

"He requested it himself," Baekhyun said.

"What?" Jongin almost choke on his orange juice and Kyungsoo helped him.

"That's unusual of him," Kyungsoo widened his already gigantic eyes.

"Mrs Ahn will be helping us for the performance," Baekhyun said.

"I will look forward to the performance," Kyungsoo showed a thumbs up.