Chapter 14

Seconds To Breathe

The next morning, everyone were packed and ready. The person leading them was Jongin and Sehun in front. Chanyeol was again with his usual pair, Jongdae and Minseok. Kyungsoo accompanied Baekhyun. Yixing was behind with Joonmyun and Luhan. Yifan and Zitao were behind, having their catching-up time alone. Everyone seems pretty excited.

"I wonder when Joonmyun hyung will confess to Yixing hyung," Kyungsoo said.

"Me too. They do fit each other, don't they?" Baekhyun asked.

"But when Yixing hyung made it as a doctor? I doubt Joonmyun hyung will have his future."

"Why not?" 

"Joonmyun hyung have no plans. He only wants Yixing hyung. I guess he would have to do something in order to have Yixing hyung's attention."

"But he is rather decent. I'm sure he can be a politician or a businessman."

"That's what you think. But that's not what he wants."

 

"Look at them, Chanyeol," Jongdae said.

"Why?" Chanyeol asked.

"Don't you feel jealous? Kyungsoo is always with him," Jongdae asked.

"Cut it out," Chanyeol said.

"I think you have to confess to him soon, Chanyeol," Minseok told him.

"He said he needed more time," Chanyeol sighed.

"Poor thing," Jongdae made weird noises and Chanyeol smacked him. 

 

"It's so nice to be outside together again, right Zitao?" Yifan asked.

"Yeah. It will soon be our final year, I want to do many things with you," Zitao said.

"I really missed you. I was wondering if I should text you. But I thought that you might still be angry with me."

"I really do. But after you explained, I regretted it."

"I'm glad Baekhyun helped us together. Why don't we enjoy ourselves today again? Since we don't live with each other like the rest."

"We could request."

 

"Good idea."

-

When they finally reached the resort, Baekhyun was the only one shivering like crazy. Chanyeol, being the good roommate, took out two jackets from Baekhyun's bag and let him put them on.

"Thanks," Baekhyun said.

"Look how sweet Chanyeol is," Jongin teased.

"It's my job to keep him warm, Jongin. Not like you, not caring about Kyungsoo one a bit," Chanyeol said.

"What? I do care about him okay?" Jongin said angrily.

"Okay boys, stop arguing," Joonmyun said.

"Let's all enjoy ourselves, can we?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Jongin dear!" There was a high-pitched female voice.

Everyone turned to see a middle-aged women approaching. Jongin smiled widely at her.

"Aunt Lee!" Jongin exclaimed.

Aunt Lee gave Jongin a huge bone-breaking hug. 

"It has been a while!" Aunt Lee said.

"How are my boys doing?" Jongin asked.

"They are absolutely doing great! Do come and visit more often, would you?" Aunt Lee laughed.

"Who are his boys?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo.

"His pet dogs," Kyungsoo answered.

"These must be your friends! Ah, all familiar faces! And who is this?" Aunt Lee stopped at Baekhyun.

"This is Byun Baekhyun. He is a transfer and Chanyeol's new roommate," Jongin explained.

"I see, Baekhyun-sshi! Nice to see you! Welcome to my ski resort! Make sure to have loads of fun!" Aunt Lee smiled.

"Thank you Aunt Lee!" Baekhyun bowed.

"Let's all go to our rooms, shall we?" Jongin asked.

Everyone cheered.

"The roommates will be according to how you live in school. Yifan and Zitao will be together, the rest, same," Jongin said.

"Great!" Zitao said and looked at Yifan.

"Follow me everyone!" Jongin said.

Everyone followed Jongin past many facilities. They stared at them in awe and discussed about what to do later on. They also past by a food centre where they decided to eat lunch in. They finally reached the rooms and Jongin distributed the room cards. 

"Rest up and meet here at 9am. Don't be late or else we wil come intruding your private time," Jongin smirked.

Then, in a flash, everyone had disappeared into their rooms.

"This room is nice," Baekhyun told Chanyeol.

The room was cozy-looking. Not too cold, much to Baekhyun's likings. The view outside was fabulous. The beds are two singles. Chanyeol was secretly hoping that it would be a single bed so they can both sleep together.

"I wonder how's everyone's else room's view look like," Baekhyun said.

"Probably the same. We are all in this side of the building anyways," Chanyeol replied, looking through the rooms.

Baekhyun sat on a bed and sighed. He stared at Chanyeol looking through everything in this room.

"What are you looking for?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm just wanting to check everything here," Chanyeol said.

"You're checking for the heater, aren't you?" Baekhyun asked.

"How...Yeah..." Chanyeol seemed embarrassed.

"It's right here," Baekhyun pointed to a box beside his bed.

"Oh. It's great that the heater is beside you. At least you'll be warm," Chanyeol said, sitting on Baekhyun's bed. "It's nice to be out isn't it?"

"Yeah. I like it. Going out as a clique and all. I'm glad to have known you guys," Baekhyun said.

"I'm glad to know you, hyung."

And Baekhyun smiled at him.

-

"Come on everyone!" Jongin said. He is acting like a lifeguard on duty but not on a beach.

"How do I wear this thing?" Baekhyun asked, fumbling about the ski boots.

"Let me help you," Chanyeol said and bent down to help Baekhyun wear the boots.

They did not noticed Jongdae snapping pictures of them and grinning to the rest.

"Thanks again," Baekhyun said.

Everyone put on the equipments and went outside to the snowy mountains.

"Does everyone know how to ski, other then Baekhyun hyung?" Jongin asked.

Everyone nodded their heads.

"Good. Chanyeol, Baekhyun's all yours," Jongin said.

"What...?" Chanyeol gasped.

"Teach me, Chanyeol. I want to ski too," Baekhyun pouted.

"Alright," Chanyeol said.

Everyone else started skiing down the snow, leaving the two on top.

"First, you have to know how to balance," Chanyeol said.

"Well, it's easy," Baekhyun said,"The surface area is bigger."

"Well, what can I expect from genius?" Chanyeol chuckled.