Chapter 11

Seconds To Breathe

45 minutes later, everything was finally done. It was 6:20pm, people started filling in the seats. Zitao had texted Baekhyun, saying that he and Yifan sat at the left end. Chanyeol was texting Joonmyun, asking him whether everyone were present and if Jongdae had brought his camera.

"Are you nervous?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

"A little," Baekhyun nodded.

"The others are waiting at their seats now."

"So Jongdae will be filming us?" 

"Yep."

"Did he did that last year?" 

"Yeah. He films almost everything we do."

"That's fun. Memories."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were sitting on top of some boxes. Mrs Ahn were taking attendance of the performers. They saw a guy standing by the curtains, he was reading what seems like a script. They assumed he was the MC, Hong Jin. They looked around. Other classes of the MAAT department. Chanyeol recognise Taekwoon and Wonsik from class 1-1. The two of them were a good duo. 

"Our performance is after a girl named Seohyun," Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol did not realise that Baekhyun had left to take a look at the list.

"Seohyun?" Chanyeol asked.

"From class 1-1. Most of the performers this year are from there. We are the only ones from 1-2," Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol looked around. There sure to be a lot of performers that he doesn't recognise.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Hong Jin's voice boomed through the Hall. There was a crowd cheering outside.

"Thank you all for coming to participate in the school's Music Festival! Today, we have 21 participants compared to last year's 16! I am proud to say that we are having more talents!" Hong Jin said. "Now, let's put our hands together for our first highlight!"

-

It was finally Baekhyun and Chanyeol's turn. Some guys were carrying the piano and microphone stands. Baekhyun sat at his piano and Chanyeol sat with his guitar. Chanyeol looked back at Baekhyun and Baekhyun gave him a nod. Chanyeol started strumming his guitar and Baekhyun joined in soon after.

 

Baekhyun - Blue

Chanyeol - Red

All - Grey

 

chagaun i bamgeorido

gaseum apeun balgeoreumdo

eonjenganeun jinagagetji

michidorok uri 

saranghaetdeon gieokdeuldo

da cheoncheonhi heulleo tteonaeryeoga

sigane mot igyeoityeo jigetji (ityeojigetji)

 

datyeobeorin neoui maeumsogeuro chajaga bwado

amudo eomneun i bangeseo

imi kkaejyeobeorin uriui moseubeul

balgyeonhaeseo apaseo

 

geuraedo neoneun namankeum deo apeuji ankil

maeil barae sueopsido

neoneun namankeum gieokhaji ankil

naboda gwaenchankil barae (Oh oneul naeildo)

 

neoro kkwak chatdeon saenggakdeuljocha

gwichantan deusi nareul mireonae

sigyebaneuldeureul jjocha sigan ttara

ttaragada tteonaganeun neoreul balgyeonhae

jigeum naneun neomu geuphae

neon dallyeoganeun geuphaeng

Express-cheoreom maeil balgeoreumeul bochae

(chueoge gulbokhae)

ijen urideureun geujeo nakseo gadeukhan

nalka beorin gongchaek

 

irheobeorin naui gieok sogeuro chajaga bwado

ijen neol bol suga eopseoseo

imi sarajyeobeorin uriui siganeul

balgyeonhaeseo apaseo (neomu apaseo)

 

geuraedo neoneun namankeum deo apeuji ankil

maeil barae sueopsido

neoneun namankeum gieokhaji ankil

naboda gwaenchankil barae (Oh oneul naeildo)

 

One Two Three Four Five (oneuldo naeryeonwa)

ityeo jinabwa (jal boiji anha)

Five Four Three Two One sigani da dwaetna bwa

 

geuraedo neoneun namankeum deo apeuji ankil

maeil barae sueopsido

neoneun namankeum gieokhaji ankil

naboda gwaenchankil barae (Oh oneul naeildo)

 

The crowd cheered and clapped. Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled at each other before bowing. They then left the stage.

"Good job, hyung! No mistakes!" Chanyeol exclaimed and gave him a thumbs up.

"You did great too!" Baekhyun smiled.

After the festival, the boys went backstage to meet the two. 

"THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!" Jongdae screamed and hugged the two tightly.

Kyungsoo went over to Baekhyun and hug him too.

"Good job, hyung!" 

"Thanks soo!"

"Shall we celebrate then?" Joonmyun asked.

"Another party?" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun worriedly.

"I'm fine, really," Baekhyun said.

"Then great!" Joonmyun said.

"Why are you guys having a party without us?" A voice called out.

Everyone turned to see Yifan and Zitao. What's more surprising is that the both of them were holding hands.

"Oh my gosh!" Jongdae squealed and ran up to them.

"Hey guys," Zitao chirped.

"This was the surprise, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said.

"What? You got them together?" Chanyeol yelled.

"During the weekends. I was helping them," Baekhyun smiled.

"Thanks to Baekhyun hyung, Yifan and I resolved our misunderstandings," Zitao said.

"All the more we can celebrate!" Jongdae said.

Everyone cheered and walked together out of the hall.

-

It was the same thing as last night. A party. But without Baekhyun getting dizzy. He made it a note to sit down somewhere. He decided to sit with Kyungsoo. Jongin wasn't being over protective of Kyungsoo tonight. He was with Chanyeol, Jongdae and Yifan. The rest was together in the kitchen. 

"I'm so proud of you. Hidden behind this cute lovely guy is a talented musician!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, showering love.

"Come on, soo!" Baekhyun laughed.

"So..have you thought about Chanyeol's confession?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I..I thought that it was too early for this," Baekhyun said, "We only met for a few days and he told me he likes me. How do I know whether he is true or just liking me for what I have and not what I am? Besides, I'm such a bad son. Why would he love me?"

"All of us know Chanyeol loves you. Do you know? He isn't the type to perform a duet, nor spending his precious time with someone else. If you hadn't appear in his life, he would most probably be composing with Yixing, or just in the arcade with Jongdae. He is willing to be with you, hyung. We can see how he acts towards you. How he is always embarrassed when Jongdae and Jongin about you. Don't you ever see that?" Kyungsoo said.

"Do you really think he likes me?" 

"Of course he does! I know him better than you!"

Baekhyun looked across the room. Chanyeol was laughing so loudly and slapping Jongdae's back, as if Jongdae had told a joke. 

"Do you like him, Baek?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I..I don't know...I have to wait till I know my feelings..." Baekhyun replied and looked down at his fingers again.

"Love takes time. And be sure to chose the right step. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. It's really hard to handle an unstable relationship, you know?" 

"Is it you and Jongin?" 

"No. I just telling you to follow your heart, but also use your brain."

"Thanks soo, I'll think about it."