Hatred beats Friendship

My Worst Enemy in SM

Exiting the elevator to my floor I check the time on my phone.

11pm. Chanyeol isn't going to be happy.

Perfect.

For the last few hours I haven't really done much. I only continued to procrastinate and avoid returning to my 'home'. I mostly stayed in the practice room and rehearsed, even though I know I shouldn't be. When the realisation hit me that there is no point practicing for my tour at the moment, I got bored. In the end, I decided to drive back here knowing that I couldn't put it off any longer.

I turn the corner and as expected Chanyeol is sitting on the floor, against our front door waiting to be let inside like a puppy. He doesn't notice me at first. He seems to be deep in thought as he stares at the beige wall in front of him, hugging his legs. I wonder what he is thinking about.

When I get close enough I toss his key so it lands in front of him as well as his rilakkuma doll. He snaps back to reality when he sees them, stands up and looks at me. I expect him to yell and scream at me, yet instead he unlocks the door and pushes himself inside. I follow him and close the door behind me.

I'm not in the mood to eat right now and the last thing I want to do is talk to him. If I can get to 'our' room without him speaking to me I can go to sleep. Right now he is in the kitchen, probably looking for his phone charger or something.

I turn and head towards the bedroom when his deep voice finally speaks. 

"Where the hell were you?" his cold voice asks me. I stop in place, right outside the bedroom door.

"I don't feel like talking right now."

"I don't care." He retaliates "I do."

I take a deep breath and turn around. Of course he is standing only metres in front of me and knew I was attempting to escape from him. I take a good look at him. His messy white hair, his eye makeup begging to be taken off and his worn out black t-shirt and jeans all highlight how exhausted he is. 

"It's none of your business Chanyeol." I say.

"Fine then let me guess. You wandered around SM on purpose because you knew I forgot my key, right? For more revenge?" he adds.

"Well yeah. I was mad at you." I reply casually as I turn to open the bedroom door, walking inside. "I still am." I toss my handbag onto the floor next to my bed. 

He remains leaning against the wall in the hallway "And why is that?" his voice continuing to sound bitter. I can no longer maintain my anger anymore.

"Because! This is all your fault Chanyeol! Thanks to you, my first world tour is gone!"  I rush to one of my drawers and take out my khaki jacket. I no longer feel like sleeping. "You're so stubborn all the time and you acted like an jackass in front of Young-min at the meeting. Of course he wasn't going to let us out of this after you act like that!"

"Oh so this is all of my fault. You're the victim here?" he questions.

"Yeah." I say, without looking at him.

"Well look who else is stubborn then huh? You think I want to let down the rest of exo? Because I don't. And thanks to you they have to do their schedules without me, which will make our fans worry. So thank you so much Sori." He scolds.

I look down at my jacket, considering whether I should risk pissing him off even more. "Can I ask you something?" Why were you more cold to me today than usual?"

He stays silent. I guess I pissed him off more.

I look over to him, his eyes staring directly at me. "Well?" I ask.

He sighs to himself and waits a few seconds before he speaks. "How long have you been talking to them for?" 

I blink a few times. "Who?"

"Kris and Luhan." he states.

My breathing hitches for a moment. He looked through my phone? That son of a b-

God dammit Kim Sori, you need to stop with the swearing.

"You saw my messages." It wasn't a question but a fact. Is this really why he was mad? 

"Yeah I did, now answer the question."

"They were my friends Chanyeol, remember? I've been in contact with them ever since they left. We don't speak often though because of all the lawsuit stuff." I pause. "Is that why you're mad at me? Because your jealous? You're forbidden from talking to them aren't you?" With each question I ask him, confidence begins to build in my voice, maybe too much confidence.

"Oh please." he mocks and denies my accusations.

I scoff, "Fine then be that way. I don't understand how they could have been friends with you in the first place anyway. They're so different compared to you." 

"How so?" He asks.

"They're nice." I say "And they aren't fake." I finally put on my jacket that I've been pointlessly holding this whole time. 

"Where are you-"

"Out." I cut him off. "I'm going to go for a walk, I need a break from you." 

I walk towards him, where the bedroom door is. With every step his eyes don't leave me. However, at the last step before I past him, when I think I might be liberated of him, I notice the corner of his lip lift ever so slightly. 

The next step I take is a blur. All I know is that I feel his hand grab my arm and he pulls me towards him. 

"What the heck?!" I yell.

Then, in what feels like a tenth of a second, I'm pinned against the wall, unable to move with his huge arms in the way, placed on either side of me. I look up and his face is only inches from mine as he towers over me. Just as I suspected, his lips have formed into that classic smirk of his.

"Park Chanyeol let me go!" I demand.

"I can't. According to you I'm very stubborn." He replies. "You need to understand that Kris and Luhan are just as important to me as every other member. And the lawsuit bull is none of your business, got that?" I don't answer. I can't. I only feel more uncomfortable with each second that his eyes keep holding mine and I feel myself beginning to blush. I turn my head in attempts to avoid his gaze.

That seems to amuse him.

"Well would you look at that, is Kim Sori blushing?" he his head to try and look at me. When that fails he brings his fingers to my chin and lifts it up, forcing me to look at him again.  "It seems that I've finally learnt how to get to you. You're actually nervous." His grin widens.

I scoff and try to act confident "W-was that what you wanted from all of this? Then congratulations. You've learned how to do the cliche wall pin from every chick flick that has ever existed." Dammit why did I stutter.

"Well it seems to work. You're even stuttering." He claims, leaning closer ever so slightly. 

I've had enough of him and his taunting but I think I may have found a solution. 

I decide to kick him in the shin, hard.

He yells in pain and I'm able to finally step away. Mission succeeded I guess.

"You're an you know that?" I say. He doesn't respond though as he is too busy hopping all over the place and hugging his leg. I turn around and walk towards the front door, once I'm outside I make sure he hears me slam the door.