Confront

My Worst Enemy in SM

Two days, it has been two days.

Two days since we fought.

Two days since everything blew up.

Two days since we kissed...

And do you know what has happened in those last two days? You're probably wondering what the update is between us. 

Well my answer is, I have absolutely no idea.

I'm not kidding either, I really don't know. I've hardly spoken to the guy. Chanyeol has done nothing but avoid me ever since, which must be difficult for him since he has limited options as to where to go.

While I've been doing nothing all day, he has been doing God knows what. When I wake up in the morning he is already long gone. And I've looked everywhere for him! The entire building, by the pool, SM, even Exo's dorm. But nothing.

The occasional few times I do see him he will either walk away or is fast asleep.

And now I don't know what to do.

I will tell you one thing though. I've thought about it and, maybe you were right. 

I think I like him. Like a lot.

But I can't do anything about it, because as far as I know he is on a vacation in Timbuktu!

I just wish he would let me talk to him...

So what am I doing now? I'm in the living room, watching tv and eating a bag of chips. HonJae unnie is going to kill me for being such a lazy slob during all of this once I return, you know if I ever do that is. But I have to admit, being lazy is soooo great. I've been binge watching Orange is the New Black for the last few days and I'm on the last episode already. Judge me all you want, but I think that is an achievement. 

I grab another hand full of chips, there has gotta be something I can do. Then I hear my phone vibrate, I roll my eyes. I wonder who it is this time.

I put the chips down and pick up my phone. It's Wendy. I ignore the call and pick up the chips again. Thats another thing, since Chanyeol stormed off everyone has been trying to contact me for some reason. But I refuse to answer them, and I mean any of them. I've ignored my manager, Wendy, Baekhyun, Joy, Taemin, my parents, Exo's managers, Suho and even Kim Young-min (which probably wasn't the smartest idea). But I don't want to talk to any of them, I'm too confused and annoyed right now to be asked over and over again about how things are going between Chanyeol and I. Why are they so interested all of a sudden anyway? Its not like they are looking for Chanyeol. As far as they know, he is with me, which he isn't really, but you know what I mean right?

Anyway I don't want to speak to any of them until I talk to Chanyeol first. But how will I do that? He won't answer my calls or anything. And I don't know what time he has been getting home, but I know that it's late. Later than usual. 

I let out a heavy sigh as I sprawl myself across the couch. "Why is he so annoying?!" I ask out loud, hoping the universe or something or someone could give me an answer. 

Then I look back to the tv, well more specifically just above the tv, where a landscape painting hangs on the wall. I'd never properly looked at it before but it's quite pretty. Cute too. It shows a little girl and a boy outside in a field and the boy is holding out a small box with a red bow on it, a present for her. There are bright green trees and flowers around them, as well as a sky blue lake behind them. 

I sit up properly and turn back to my chips. "" I grunt. Not about Chanyeol but Young-min, he had probably placed that there intentionally and hand picked the painting himself. 

'You must resolve your differences' his annoying voice replaying in my mind. Believe me sir I'm trying. I look back to the painting and an imaginary light bulb suddenly turns on above my head.

"That's perfect" I say out loud again, acknowledging my idea. But before I start working on that idea, I must finish the rest of this episode.

'Thanks Young-Min' I say out loud, hoping he may hear me from wherever he is now.

---

4am

Chanyeol looks up the apartment building and spots his apartment. 4th row up, 3rd window to the left. The lights are off, Sori is asleep. He heads inside the front door of the building, taking off his face mask knowing that he is now safe from any potential sasaengs looking for him. He finds the elevators and walks inside, shoving his hands in the pockets of his black hoodie after pressing the button. 

He sighs to himself. He hasn't even been able to bring himself to look at her ever since that moment. He can't find the courage to. For so long he has longed to be close to her, and now he finally has, and doesn't know what to do about it. If only he could build up the courage to talk to her, but he can't as he fears she will reject him. 

The elevator doors open and he steps out into the hallway, towards their apartment. It's amazing how the girl he hates is also the only girl he has feelings for, and it has done nothing but made him do crazy things. 

He reaches the door and takes out his key. Before unlocking the door, a small smile forms on his lips at the thought they he really did kiss Sori.

He steps inside. Its quiet and dark, the lights are off. He quietly turns the corner into the kitchen, he is starving after walking all the way home from Han river, which is where most of his time has been spent lately. It isn't that far from their building, but nevertheless he gets hungry easily.

Once entering the kitchen all the lights suddenly turn on, causing Chanyeol to jump. He turns around.

"You probably thought I was asleep yeah?" Sori states, a small but smug smile on her face. 

The taller man can do nothing but blink. He had a feeling this was gonna happen sooner or later, but not this soon.He lets out a huff, unable to say anything else, then looks at her. As expected she is still beautiful as always, her silky brown hair resting on her shoulders and her dark eyes gleaming. However he notices that she is hiding something behind her back, he raises an eyebrow.

"Look I knew you wouldn't come inside until you thought it was safe, so I decided to wait and pretend I was sleeping. I wanted to talk to you." she says calmly. Her explanation was sort of an understatement. She didn't just wait for him. She prepared herself for whatever time he would come. She bought every energy drink she could find, and had drunk several of them. 

Chanyeol hesitates and starts heading to their room instead, away from her. Noticing this, Sori quickly brings herself in front of him.

"Please don't walk away." Sori pleads, with one hand held out in front of her. His eyes soften at her suddenly troubled voice, she never lets herself come across as vulnerable. Now that she has, he is surprised.

Chanyeol looks down at her "Fine, what is it?" he asks, hoping that his fear doesn't come true.

"Thanks." She says in relief, her free hand returning to behind her back. She bites her lip before speaking again, suddenly becoming nervous. "So.. I wanted to tell you that I'm not mad about what happened the other day." After accidentally making eye contact she decides to talk to the floor. "and I wanted to say sorry for everything. For always putting the blame on you when I'm equally at fault." She brings her hands in front of her, revealing a small box with a red bow. She finally looks up at him.  "Also, I got you something. I guess you can call it a peace offering." She chuckles.

She watches Chanyeol as he takes the box, hoping that he doesn't decide to throw it back in her face, which would crush her. She knows she isn't alone though once she finds that his hands are slightly shaking as he slowly opens the box. But once he does and sees his teeth rich smile her heart only beats louder rather than calming down. 

Chanyeol laughs, a genuine laugh as well. "Well that's a relief. But I can't believe you got me this. I love it." He says, picking up the object inside the box. 

"Well I know how much you love Rilakkuma." Sori replies, her hand scratching the back of her neck as she blushes. Earlier in the day she disguised herself and went into the city to buy a gift, like the boy did in the painting (as well as a tonne of energy drinks). She searched everywhere for the perfect gift when she found a cute toy shop and found a small Rilakkuma doll holding a pillow that says 'I Like You' on it. 

Chanyeol looks at her and smiles, Sori smiles back. Suddenly he takes a step forward and hugs her. At first, she stands frozen, unsure of what to do.

"By the way Sori, I like you too." his gentle voice says. Now she can't resist, of course she hugs him back.

Sori giggles slightly "Good, does that mean you will stop avoiding me now?" she asks.

"Yes." He replies.

"And does this mean that we no longer hate each other?" she asks, still hugging him.

"If that's okay with you." he replies.

"Good, that is more than okay with me." 

"Good" he says quietly and smiles. The pair hug each other tighter, both so happy and relieved that they are both on the same page for once. The two enemies actually love each other.

However, unfortunately the incredibly cute and super cheesy scene is rudely interrupted when the lights suddenly turn off and the sound of glass breaking pierces their ears.