The First Day

My Worst Enemy in SM

"Did you even try to talk him out of all this unnie?" I whine as I carry the last of my stuff towards the new apartment. This whole idea is pointless, as if it will solve anything!

"Sori, you know that I did everything I could. You really think I want you sharing a place with a BOY?!" HonJae scolds in response.

"...no"

"Exactly! Of course not, especially with him!" She yells. Clearly this situation has put her into a bad mood. "I even offered that you spend more time training to stop this from happening... unfortunately the CEO is quite stubborn." she sighs as she lugs one of my suitcases filled with shoes.

Wait what?

"You were going to give me more hours?! I hardly sleep as it is!" 

"Yes but I knew you would rather more hours over sharing a room with yoda. Oh !" she yells as she drops the suitcase.

I put my stuff down and help. "Sorry I snapped at you unnie. You're right though, anything is better than Chanyeol."

"Of course I'm right. Now pali pali the room is just ahead of us. And WHY did you have to bring your entire closet? My back is killing me!" Honjae groans.

We start walking again. "This is not even half of my closet thank you very much. And besides, I have no idea how long this will last for so I'd rather be prepared." 

"Well if you just do what the CEO says, you will be out in no time" she says reassuringly.

"Maybe, I hope that's no more than a week then because if it's longer than that I'll probably need to be sent to a mental asylum" 

She chuckles at me "Don't be so melodramatic, you lived with him when you were both on SBS Roommate and you can do it again." 

By the way yes, we were on Roommate together last year. It was pretty strange. I mean, we acted nice to each other obviously but it felt almost, I don't know, genuine. However our relationship is still the same, being awful that is, so I guess I was wrong.

"Whatever, that was completely different though. There were other people in that house and we were being filmed." 

She just responds with a "Hmmph" and we both stop talking.

We stop just outside of the door on one of the lower floors of the building. This building is where most of the SM idols live in. The bags that I had already brought are still waiting there from earlier. My Manager unnie and I put everything down and take a step or two backwards, staring at the door. I let out an obviously loud sigh, in attempts to mentally prepare myself. 

I can do this, I'll probably hardly even see him. We are both busy people.

Just that moment I hear a commotion coming from down the corridor. I turn around and of course it is all of EXO, most of them carrying his stuff or have just come to say goodbye to him or something.

"Why did you have to pack so much hyung! My arms are about to fall off" Sehun yells loudly as he carries some kinda box.

"Shut up Sehun" Suho and Xiumin say simultaneously, the leader and eldest member of EXO.

"Oh come on can you blame him?" defends the dinosaur looking Chen "this stuff is so heavy! Can't he carry this himself? Why couldn't I have Lay's job and carry your guitar instead?"

Chen then earns a glare from Chanyeol "What the does it look like I'm holding here then, huh? Cupcakes? Besides you offered to help." says Chanyeol.

"Well it seems that happy virus must have left to hibernate or something....lucky us." Baekhyun states sarcastically.

Unnie gives me a look of worry and I return it. Let's face it, I'm doomed if this is what my life will be like. Either way, I should try to put on some sort of brave face. I look back at exo and chuckle a bit, they actually look like a group of wild monkeys the way they yell at each other, trip over each other and drop there things.

Unfortunately they make it to where I am in one piece and we all start glaring at each other, except for our managers. 

"Hello there Roommate" Chanyeol smirked.

"I'd rather if you didn't talk to me for the duration of this stupid arrangement, if that's okay with you of course.. roommate." I smirk back "So do you have our keys with you or not?"

"No I do" states a short man standing behind him, exo's manager, "Kim Young-min gave them to me, here you go." he passes me my key and the same with Chanyeol.

"Gozamnida" I reply. Then an awkward silence fills the hallway.

After a few seconds my manager clears "Well we should all get going now and let you two settle in" she suggests.

"Yes let's do that" agrees exo's manager, trying to escape the awkwardness.

"NE, bye Chanyeol!" the rest of exo agree.

I look towards HonJae in panic but she just gives a small smile and the next thing I know I'm left alone with.. him.

"Let's get this over with" he sighs as he unlocks the door.

____

The inside of the apartment looks, well, kinda like mine? Which is, good but... wierd. Neither of us really said anything, we just loaded our stuff into the main living room and have now started to look around the place. I started worrying though as I have only found one bedroom, so I decided to actually say something to him.

"Chanyeol? Have you found any other bedrooms? I can only find one..."

He scoffs at me "I thought we weren't going to talk to each other."

"We won't idiot. Just tell me that we don't have to share the same room and I'll shut up."

He gives me a confused look "I haven't seen any other bedrooms. How many beds did the first one have?"

Oh !

We stare at each other for a second then we both rush to the bedroom. I get there first and look around.

"Oh thank god there are two beds!" I say in relief. I then throw my bag on the bed I want in the corner of the room.

"What do you think you're doing, that's my bed." Chanyeol sneered

"Says who?"

"Says me, now move it"

"Not a chance, sorry roommate" I laugh as I lie down on my new bed.

"Fine then, you shouldn't be laughing though. We have to share the same bathroom as well, there is only the one."

I groan to myself "ing hell!" I sit up "I swear to god you better not e on me if you know what's good for you."

He rolls his eyes "Oh please, like I would want to. And the same thing goes with you."

I simply just scoff at him and begin unpacking my things and he does the same. This went on for a long time, not because of all clothes we had both packed but because of all the arguing that occurred in the process.

We fought about the following things:

The closet space

The drawers

The bathroom space

The mirror space

The hangers

And the shelves, which was the biggest problem because this ing idiot was hogging all the room for his stupid hats when I needed a place for my high heels.

After several hours we finally finished unpacking. So then we left out bedroom and....guess what? we fought some more, mainly about what TV show to watch. Eventually I got sick of it.

"You know what, this. Who's to say that we can't just go back to our own dorms and just pretend to live together?" I finally ask after the giant literally grabbed the remote off me.

"Well I can't leave because my manager took my key to the exo dorm. But please feel free to leave, I'm not stopping you." he says in a sarcastic voice.

"Fine, I will." I then pick up my phone and make my way to the door. As I put my hand on the door my phone started ringing. I looked down at it and my eyes immediately widened.

It was Kim Young-Min.

Chanyeol gave me a strange look "Who is it? Aren't you gonna answer it?"

I rolled my eyes at him and answered the phone.

"Annyeonghaseyo Kim Young-Min. How are you?" I answer nicely, Chanyeol's eyes widened once he understood the situation.

"Kim Sori, I'm great thank you for asking. I trust that you two have settled in well?" He asks in his scary, authoritative voice.

"Ne, we have settled in really well. The apartment is very nice, thank you" I say confidently even though I had completely lied to my own boss.

"Perfect, I just called because I believe I have forgotten to mention something in our meeting. You and Chanyeol are not allowed to go back to your previous living spaces at all, I will be reported to by your managers if you do. Even though I highly doubt you will do that, correct?."

"Ne sir" Well there goes my idea. 

"And also, I will be given updates by your fellow idols, managers and other staff to see how you two are getting along, understood?"

"Ne sir"

"Great, have a good evening then Sori."

"Goodnight sir." he then ends the call.

"Well? What did he say?" Chanyeol demands.

I slowly walk back to the couch in despair "Forget about my idea, he has already thought of it."

"Of course he did" he replies in an annoyed tone. He changes the channel and The Hobbit comes on. He looks at me, as if waiting for me to protest, but I like this movie so I sit at the opposite end of the couch and start watching. I can't be bothered fighting anymore anyway.

----

It was around 2am now and I was in 'our' bathroom getting ready to go to bed. I just washed my face and was in the process of brushing my teeth. Today has been the most mentally exhausting day in my life, I actually feel pity for his other members. How do they put up with him? This question will always haunt me.

All of a sudden the devil himself barges in and prepares to brush his own teeth.

"Hey! Have you heard of this cool new thing? It's called knocking you pabo!" I scold him

"Calm down princess, you're gonna have to deal with it" he says casually.

"Deal with it? What if I was about to have a shower or something you ert!" I spit out some toothpaste and then rinse. "And don't call me princess either."

He scoffs "I'm not a ert, I could hear you brushing your teeth."

"Whatever" I say as I put away my toothbrush.

He sighs to himself, or clears his throat, I don't know and then gives me a wierd look through the mirror "Hey what's that?" he asks.

"What?"

"On your neck?"

I look at the mirror and see my silver tree necklace dangling from my neck. I roll my eyes "It's called a necklace, ever heard of one?"

Now he rolls his eyes "Can I see it?  what's on it?"

"God no, get your own necklace."

I turn to leave the bathroom when I feel a tight grip on my arm, I feel myself then get spun around. I look up and see Chanyeol being way too close for comfort. He's literally inches away from me!

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Shut up" he says blankly. He brings his gigantic hand towards my necklace, picks it up and examines it with concentration. I try to step back but he is still holding on to my arm so I just decide to let him look at it. He is so close I can hear him breathing and I can see every detail of his face, this is so messed up. 

Suddenly he looks at me for a second, right into my eyes. His eyes actually look kind of nice.

....

What. Did. I. Just. Say? Eww, no, Kim Sori, shut up!

 His face then changes into an cold one and he scoffs once again. 

"That's a stupid necklace" he states, letting go of me. He then goes back to getting his toothbrush.

I immediately feel my blood boil and decide to take out my anger by elbowing him hard in the arm.

"Ouch! What the ?!" he yells

"It's not stupid." I say sternly "My parents gave it to me before I left them and came to Seoul. I always wear it because I feel like it's the only way I can be close to them. You don't have to like it but don't say any ing thing about it. Understood?" 

He blinks several times but doesn't say anything, he just maintains his cold expression. I finally leave the room and go to bed.