New

My Worst Enemy in SM

*Default/dubstep ringtone begins to play*

I snap awake and sit up immediately, I forgot that I don't really need an alarm for a while. However thank goodness the alarm woke me up, I was in the middle of a nightmare. I think it involved my first concert but all of my fans were angry Chanyeols... I'm not sure. I'm just going to try and forget it. That might be the smart thing to do.

 I look up and see that Chanyeol is already up, and by that I mean he is fully dressed and everything. He is literally up, making his bed. It's 6:30am, what time did he wake up? 

"Your ringtone is really annoying you know?" He says, his back facing me. I'm well aware that he doesn't like it, which is why I keep it. Just that moment his ringtone plays, I guess he forgot to turn it off since he is already awake. His ringtone is Exo's newest song, Love Me Right. Of course.

"Says the guy who wakes up to his own song." I yawn in reply, trying to wake myself up.

He chuckles in response, I think. It definitely wasn't a scoff. That's new I guess.

He faces me, "Get dressed, breakfast is waiting for you. We're leaving soon." He orders.

I sit up more, slowly, and ask with caution. "Where are we going?" 

"You'll see soon, now pali. And make sure you wear something that no one can recognise you in." Then he leaves the room. It was a demand but it wasn't in his usual cold voice. Should I be scared?

I remember the course of events that occurred yesterday and last night...

Yes I certainly should be scared.

___

Strangely enough I did what he told me to. I wore some simple jeans, black converse shoes and a black hoodie with a pair of sunglasses placed on my head. Once I was ready I went to the kitchen where I see my breakfast waiting for me, on the plate are bacon and eggs.

Bacon and eggs... he cooked me bacon and eggs. 

I sit down and start eating, it tastes delicious. I can't remember the last time I ate this. Chanyeol walks in and heads to the fridge, he grabs the orange juice before walking to the bar stool I'm sitting at. 

"Do you want some?" he asks. I nod in reply and continue eating silently.

Now I understand why he got up so early, he died his hair. It's black again, he must of went to one of his stylists early this morning to get it done. I didn't notice earlier because the room was dimly lit. The dark hair suits him better I guess, he no longer looks like a mad scientist. 

He sits on the stool next to me after pouring my glass and takes a gulp of his own, when he puts it down he smiles to himself. A genuine smile too. I look at his outfit, we're practically wearing the same thing, except he also has a cap and is wearing darker coloured jeans. I'm really confused.

I look around thinking maybe we have a guest or something, maybe this is all an act. But when I see no one I put down my fork and knife and swivel my stool so that it faces him.

"Okay seriously, what the heck is going on?" I demand.

He seems amused by my question but he still seems happy and positive, which is kind of freaking me out. He is never like this towards me. However his expressions becomes more serious as he answers.

"We are going to do what Young-Min wants. You have a tour to start and I have to get back to my members." He states.

"So we are going to do that by...?"

"We are going to hang out in Seoul and get to know each other, properly that is." 

I have to admit, I'm surprised by all of this. He must really feel guilty about what happened, maybe his apology was genuine. 

 I decide to go along with this idea but I will keep my guard up.

"Okay" I reply.

-----

After a long day we decided to get smoothies, it's now 4pm. Today was... great actually. I mean we bickered a little bit, but for the most part it was great, considering there wasn't a single moment when I felt like punching him. Plus not a single fan recognised either of us, so what more could I ask for? 

So now I will give you a rundown of what we did today.

We left the apartment at around 7:30 and went to the park because it is too early for any shops to be open. While we were there we talked and learned a lot about each other. It turns out that we have the same taste in music and we like the same movies. I also discovered that his favourite colour is black, not because it looks good on everyone but because it's ambiguous. It has several meanings, depending on your perspective on things. I found that suprisingly insightful of him.

After that we went window shopping. Neither of us wanted to buy anything but simply wanted to go to a mall like we did before we were famous. We talked less then. I wanted to ask him questions that have been lingering in my mind for ages now such as: Why are you being nice now? What made you hate me in the first place? Why are you mad that I talk to Kris and Luhan? Did you really mean what you said last night? Are you jealous of me like Wendy says you are? Or are you in love with me like my mum thinks you are? 

But of course I didn't have the guts to ask him any of those, so we mostly walked in silence.

Then we went to the cinemas and watched a movie. We saw Jurassic World, which was okay. Honestly, I was more entertained by Chanyeol's reactions than the actual movies. He kept trying to act cool, but would accidentally scream every time a dinosaur appeared out of nowhere. I couldn't stop laughing at his childishness. He had his payback though, I did scream from one jump-scare during the movie and he laughed at me. But I wasn't that upset about it.

Which leads us back to the present. We have our smoothies, mine is banana and his is strawberry, and we are now quietly walking along some of the less busy streets of Seoul. It's a beautiful day actually. Its sunny, but just cool enough that you can wear anything you want due to the light breeze that dances in the air. Walking down an ordinary street with an ordinary smoothie in your hand, not having to worry about how you look or who is looking is quite, peaceful, even if you're with your enemy.

Chanyeol breaks the silence "You know, this is exactly what we were like when we were on Roommate. Remember?" 

I laugh a little "So you think about that too?"

"Yup" he says, taking another sip of his smoothie "I thought I was the only one who did."

Maybe now is my chance to get answers. "Well... I think about it a lot actually. What we were like then. What we are like every other time we are in the same breathing space. It confuses me..."

He looks at me, I see it in my peripheral vision. I can't quite tell but his face seems, saddened? He looks away.

Nothing is said for about another minute, it's silent, but not necessarily an awkward silence. 

I'm the next one who speaks and I'm surprised by what comes out of my mouth.

 "I forgive you."

He halts for a moment and looks at me in the eyes, surprised by my words. I don't blame him. However his stare has done that weird thing to me again that causes me to stutter and make my heart beat too quickly. 

"A-a-and I-I'm" I take a deep breath "....sorry too." I say quietly. 

He gives me a small smile, "Thanks" he says, and we begin walking again. Is it strange that I feel better after saying that? I mean, that 'butterflies in the stomach' feeling is gone. Or maybe that's because he stopped staring at me.

...

No, it's because I apologised right? If I felt that because of how he looked at me, that would mean that I like him. And that's ridiculous. 

"You we right last night by the way." he starts.

"Huh?" I ask.

"About when we first met I mean....you were right." He pauses and bites his lip slightly, figuring out what he is going to say next "After you ran into me, I decided to be mean to you."

"Why? Because I ran into you?"

"No" he laughs, putting one hand in his pocket "I don't know. Something just told me that you would be a threat. And I was right."

A threat? Me?

"How could I be a threat though?" I question " You were already preparing to debut." 

"True" He agrees "But come on. You're a good singer, an amazing dancer, you can speak different languages, everyone likes you and you're intelligent. I guess I was... or am... jealous. How can I not see you as a threat?" He insists.

Well I guess Wendy is the winner to that question. I can't believe Park Chanyeol sees me as a threat.

"So I figured that if I intimidated you" He continues "I wouldn't see you as a threat once you did debut."

I process all this information. "Yes but what about you? " I ask "You can sing, rap, play practically any instrument, can compose your own music and everyone likes you. You shouldn't have to see me as a threat." 

"Does that mean your jealous of me too?" He asks, with a playful smile on his face.

I return his smile "I don't know Chanyeol. Maybe."

This still doesn't make sense though. Yeah, he might have seen me as a threat. And yeah, he might of wanted to intimidate me. That sounds fair enough. But in the 4 years that I've known him.... all the fights we have had, the mild and the serious ones, and him getting his whole group to turn against me. It couldn't have all been just because he was jealous of me. Could it?

"So is that really why you hate me?" I ask.

He thinks for a few seconds "Ne... I believe so." 

He believes so? Shouldn't it be a simple question? Yes or no?

"Okay." I say, deciding to end it. Maybe I'll get more answers later.

He finishes his smoothie and tosses it in the nearest bin. 

"Well then Kim Sori. Do you want to 'resolve our differences'? I'm willing to try if you are." He puts out one hand, suggesting that I should shake it.

I look at his hand and choose to take it "Yeah, I am." we then shake hands.

I still think this whole day is far too strange.