When Strange Things Happen

My Worst Enemy in SM

Hey everyone!! I am super sorry for the long wait, and I promise this kinda thing won't happen again. My only reason for delaying this story was because I didn't want to update until I got my new banner, which as you can see is now here. How amazing is it?! Am I right? Hahaha. I'd love to give a huge credit to Hostile Graphics for her hard work and I hope you go and check her out. Anyway.... I'm back now, so let's return to this story, shall we?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I slightly jump when I hear the sudden noise, but I quickly relax when I remember the cause of the beeping.

It was just the timer indicating that my ramen is ready.

I had woken up before Chanyeol for once this morning so I figured that I would make something for the both us, you know, since we both know that we like each other now. After everything that has been going on, it was the least I could do right?

I turn off the timer and prepare a few bowls of ramen. It looks so yummy! I can't wait to eat it, but I should probably wait for Chanyeol to get up first. Is that what I'm supposed to do now? I'm still not fully sure of what our current status is. 

I shrug it off and grab some chopsticks. It really isn't anything to stress about anyway, I'm in too much of a good mood today for something like that to bother me. I don't think anything could spoil my happiness and contentment today to be honest. It's the happiest I've been since... however long I've been living here for. So like three weeks maybe? Maybe more?

I'm about to dig into my food when I look at the living room floor and suddenly remember the mess that I had to clean. Yeah, I know you have been wanting to know what the hell happened last night. Well if you thought that a criminal or a ghost broke into the apartment and tried to kidnap us... you're wrong. Sorry.

No instead something weird happened to the power and electricity. One of our ceiling lights burst and it caused the lights to temporarily go off. Neither of us knew what caused it, a fuse must have blown or something. I don't know, we aren't really good when it comes to that stuff. We just sing and dance all day. Sorry it took me this long to tell you what happened though, please forgive me. 

I run to the laundry and find a broom to clear up all the broken glass. We were too tired to do it last night at 4am. We figured that sleep was a much better option.

I jog back to the living room where the shattered glass lies, just next to the white couch adjacent from where I stood last night. As I start to sweep, I hear an energetic Yoda walk in the room.

"Morning Sori!" he booms. I laugh at his childishness, so this is the guy that Exo must be used to seeing. No wonder D.O is constantly hitting him.

"Morning Yoda, sleep well?" 

"Ne, like a baby. What you doing?" he asks.

I gather the remaining glass in a pile "Cleaning the glass that fell on the floor last night."

He looks at the floor with big eyes and walks over "Oh if you want I can do that, you don't have to-"

"Gwenchana (it's okay), besides I'm nearly done anyway." I insist.

"Okay then" he replies. He then looks at me and a beaming smile spreads on his face.

"What is it?" I ask, placing my focus on the glass instead of his brown eyes that make my face go all red.

He chuckles a little "Nothing, don't worry about it." I look back at him, his smile still intact. He then seems to catch the smell of my ramen and looks towards the kitchen.

"RAMEN! Thanks Sori!" He suddenly pecks me on the cheek before running to his meal. I'm surprised by his actions and my eyes widen for a moment, but I can't help but smile a little at it.

I then return to my task. I sweep up the glass with a dust pan and then throw it into the bin. Before I put the broom away, I go back to the living room just in case I missed any small bits of glass. When I find nothing, I nod to myself in approval. Then for some reason I decide to look up at the now broken ceiling light. I'm not sure why I decided to look up there, but I'm glad that I did as I noticed something really strange. 

"Hey Sori, you're food is getting cold. You can just clean the rest later." I hear Chanyeol say as he walks back into the room. 

"I'll be there in a second" I reply. Look I'm not an electrician or anything, but I have a good idea of what a ceiling light should look like. And from my understanding, this looked nothing like what it should have. It almost looked like a...no, it couldn't be that. That would be ridiculous.

"Are you okay? What are you staring at?" Chanyeol asks with concern.

I look at him. His eyebrows are furrowed and his head is slightly tilted to the side like a confused puppy. Then I look up again. Then at Chanyeol. Then to the floor where I had just cleaned. Then back up again.

"Can you look at this for a second and tell me what you think? I think I've gone crazy." I finally say as I gesture with my hand for him to come over.

He complies and quickly stands next to me, looking up as I am. 

"Sori, it looks fine to me." he says. His eyes then widen slightly, "Hold on, that thing looks like a..." his voice trails off.

"Yeah I know right, that's what I thought too." I agree.

He looks at the rest of the living room and mumbles something I'm unable to comprehend. Suddenly, he hurriedly walks towards the painting of the boy and girl I was looking at yesterday.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He stares at it intently. He seemed to be focused on the boy in the painting. And because he is tall enough, he is basically standing face to face with him.

"It's just that I thought I noticed it in this painting once as well. But I just ignored it and thought I had gone mad or something. Come here and have a look."

I do as he says and sure enough he is right. In the centre of the boy's eye is a small black dot. With a lens. I head back to the ceiling light and notice that its identical, except this one is slightly bigger.

"They're cameras." I say out loud, confirming both of our thoughts.

Silence surrounds the room. 

"Holy " I say, as I realise what this means.

The first day here, Young Min called my phone just as I was about to storm out and go back to my own apartment. At the perfect time.

He had said in our second meeting that he would be "checking up" on us.

Wendy seemed awfully distracted when we were talking in the locker area, she was looking at a painting. Maybe she saw a camera there too. 

Did that mean she knew what was happening?

Who else knows then?

Our managers never gave either of us clear explanations as to what was happening, maybe they even knew.

Everyone, including Young Min tried to call me after Chanyeol and I kissed. Did Young min tell them? What did they want to say? Were they gonna warn me?

I don't know, but what I do know is that SM has been filming us to make sure we had done what had been asked of us. I suddenly feel completely vulnerable knowing that my privacy has been taken away from me without me even realising it. How dare they?!

My thoughts are interrupted when 'Call Me Baby' starts to play, Chanyeol's phone.

I watch him as he gets his phone out of his pocket.

"It's Suho." he says blankly. "Should I answer?"

I quickly glance at the painting before I reply. "Put it on speaker."

He nods and answers the phone, putting it on speaker. "Yeobseoyo?" He answers.

"Hey Chanyeol, it's me. Manager hyung just asked me to tell you that you and Sori are wanted at SM. Like right away."

Our eyes meet once he says that and I begin to worry.

"Okay, we will be there soon." he replies.

"Good, cya later then. Oh and the others say hi by the way." his motherly like voice says.

"Cya, and tell them I said hey."

"Okay, bye and good luck."

"Thanks. Bye." and the conversation ends.

I look expectantly at Chanyeol. "Well now what?" I ask.

​He thinks for a moment before answering. Suddenly there is determination in his eyes.

"First we will eat our ramen. Then I guess we will leave and face whatever punishment we will receive for... you know." he awkwardly finishes. I knew what he meant. Idols in SM weren't allowed to date, let alone kiss, unless they were officially given permission. 

I nod quietly, thinking about my tour. Whatever chances I had of keeping it from being cancelled are gone. 

"Okay then." I reply and I make my way to the kitchen. My happy mood had now obliterated.