Unbelievable ... again

My Worst Enemy in SM

Walking into SM Entertainment, something doesn't feel right. It feels.. off. I mean yeah after what we had just discovered of course it would seem that way. But despite that, I can't help but feel that the whole building has a strange tension in the air. Everything around me just looks a little bit too perfect. More perfect than usual. The posters of past SM groups are freshly dusted, the fake plants surrounding the hallways are so green they almost look alive and not to mention the calm and neatness amongst all the other staff members. Their uniforms perfectly pressed without a single hair out of place. The whole building is flawless.

I guess I'm either just paranoid or, well,  paranoid, there cannot be any other explanation. 

My thoughts are halted when I hear a nervous Chanyeol clear his throat, I had forgotten he has been quietly walking next to me this whole time. This is new for Chanyeol, he is never quiet. His hands are hidden in his pockets and a slight, fresh sheen of sweat has begun to form on his forehead. I don't think I've ever seen him this nervous in my life, which is really saying something after everything that we've been through recently.

I suddenly feel the need to comfort him. I don't know how though since I'm in need of some comfort myself. What should I do? Should I hold his hand? No, bad idea for two reasons. One, because I'm pretty sure my hands are all sweaty and two, because someone will probably see and we will be in even MORE trouble.

After my mental debate I end up deciding to awkwardly place my hand on his arm, you know to reassure him or whatever. He looks down at me and my heart sinks. The fear is written all over his face and the only words that I manage to come up with are "everything will be okay", before letting my hand drop again. He nods in response and we pause for about 10 seconds, just looking at each other. 

Then we continue walking.

___

*Ding* 

The elevator chimes open and we walk onto the CEO's floor, ready for our fate. Once again that wierd feeling still remains here. It is even quieter in here than normal. I don't see any assistant or anything. Even after we wait for several minutes, there is nothing. 

Finally the silence is broken by Chanyeol.

"Where is everyone?" he asks, clearly confused as I am.

I look around from my seat like a meerkat and once again see nobody. "I wish I knew."

"We were meant to meet him here weren't we?" 

"That's what I thought. But it feels like a ghost town in here." I look towards Young-min's door. "Should we see if he's even in there?"

Chanyeol's feet start bobbing up and down restlessly, obviously impatient and concerned. "I don't know if that's a good idea. He'll get pissed off." his deep voice shaking slightly.

I shrug to myself then abruptly stand up "Honestly, I think he is forever going to be pissed off regardless of what we do. I'm gonna check it out." I take quick strides towards his door.

I hear him begin to protest "Sori, Don't!" but I ignore him. I'm tired of this stupid waiting and I'm more angry than scared at this point. This has been spying on us and I want answers as to why.

As my hand reaches the handle I violently open the door, ready to kick . But confusion settles in when I discover that the lavish office is barren. Completely empty.

"Well that's odd" I say.

"Hey you two. You're coming with us." a stern but amused voice calls out from behind us both. I turn around and find a very smug Jonghyun, along with Taemin standing by the elevator. Chanyeol and I give each other a confused glance, then simultaneously glance back at the duo. 

Chanyeol begins to speak "What are you-?" but is interrupted mid sentence by Taemin.

"Don't ask questions now. You're only gonna end up with more." He grins, his black and shaggy hair hiding the mischief in his eyes. 

"Can't you at least tell us wher-" I begin, but once again cut off.

"Didn't you hear me? Now let's go!" he asserts.

I look at Chanyeol once more. I'm so confused right now, what is happening? Is this a dream? Clearly Chanyeol is thinking the same thing. 

Without having any choice, we go and follow them. 

____

We tried talking to the Shinee members, asking them what was going on, possibly even threatening them to tell us what was happening. But they simply refused and went back to their own ridiculous conversation about sneakers, only occasionally turning around to look at us and quietly snicker to themselves. I look at Chanyeol and he just shrugs at me, his eyes saying something like 'I don't even know anymore' and I nod in agreement.

Eventually we arrive in front of the break room door on one of the middle floors of the building. Curious, I ask Jonghyun "Okay now what? Why are we here?".

"Young-min specifically said that he wanted you two sent here. I don't know why." he replies.

Then Taemin adds "Whatever you guys did, it must have been bad." then he giggles to himself again like a little girl. Honestly what the hell is going on?

"Now after you." Jonghyun butts in again, gesturing to the door.

Chanyeol gives the pair a confused look, shrugs, then calmly opens the door and I follow him. When I walk in to see... everyone, I freeze up. 

"SURPRISE!!!!" The entire break room roars. This is insane, it's like the entire building has been crammed into this one spot. Every SM idol is here (including exo), the managers, the staff members, the rookies, some trainees and even the janitor are having fun and eating popcorn with huge smiles on their faces waiting for us. I feel my face turn red from the sudden shock, then turn to see Chanyeol, whose ears appear to have turned crimson. I don't know what this is but I can't see Young-min anywhere. 

I hear Jonghyun's voice again "Now if our special guests would be so kind and stand in front of our TV, we would like to show you something." 

"Hyung, what is this? Where is Young-min?" Chanyeol asks with a nervous smile. We both walk to the middle of the room, directly in front of the plasma TV that rests high on the wall.

"Apparently he is playing golf or something, I don't know." He laughs "But he asked me to arrange this whole thing and show you all this video."

Did he just say video?

Video. So this is our punishment. All of SM are going to see us kiss before we get fired. My stomach churns. At least that explains all the popcorn around.

"What's the video about?!" I hear Baekhyun yell out, as well as Joy and Yuri.

"Save your questions to the end folks. And for those who already know what this is about, please refrain from telling the others just a little longer. Now let's watch this thing already." 

Other people know about this? My mind thinks back to Wendy's wierd behaviour in the lockers. I spot her to my left and see the guilty smile spread on her face when she sees me. I'm never buying her chocolate milk again. 

Before the crowd goes quiet I hear Chanyeol mutter quietly "Oh ." and then the video begins.

'Two idols you know! Two idols you love! Best friends Park Chanyeol and Kim Sori!' The TV screen booms, showing several images of us in different variety shows, including Roommate, and on stage together.

'But what if that was all a lie? And they actually can't stand one another?'

I appear on the screen "I don't get how you convince your fans your such a nice guy. You're the complete opposite in real life" I scowl.

"I don't have to convince anyone anything, it's just you I can't stand" Chanyeol replies, my bag dangling in his hand high above my head. This happened just before the meeting, were we being filmed in SM as well?

'Get ready to see a new side of these two superstars when they are forced to make up for the better of SM.'

"I have made a decision and that is final. Pack your things, you two will be moving into an apartment together until you learn to get along. Starting from tonight." Youngmin commands, with us sitting in his office. 

"WHAT?!?!" We both shout.

Everything finally clicks, this isn't just a video. It's an official trailer. For... a show?

The tv narrator quickly confirms my thoughts, 'The new drama that will have you on the edge of your seats!' I refuse to look at Chanyeol or anywhere else in the room, the churning feeling in my stomach only getting stronger.

"I thought we weren't going to talk to each other." Chanyeol says blankly to me on our first day in the apartment

"We won't idiot. Just tell me that we don't have to share the same room and I'll shut up."

*flash*

"Park Chanyeol let me go!" I demand as I'm pinned against the wall in our apartment.

"I can't. According to you I'm very stubborn." He replies with his classic smirk.

*flash*

"Do you really want to know why I hate you?" His deep voice asks, his eyes never leaving me. Both of us in our room, the moment right before we kissed. 

He takes three steps towards me and for a minute I think they're about to show it, a few people whistling  and laughing behind me. But thankfully it isn't shown and I allow myself to breath again.

'Join us next week and watch what is to come between Exo's Chanyeol and worldwide sensation Kim Sori on SBS's new drama, My Worst Enemy!'

A final image of us standing back to back (from an old photo shoot) is shown before the trailer ends, the screen turning black. The audience starts to applaud loudly. 

"So? What did you all think?!" Jonghyun yells. Everyone cheers in response, I'm starting to think he is enjoying this 'MC' position too much. "Sori?  Chanyeol? Any thoughts?" 

I'm at loss for words but Chanyeol seems to be able to read my mind. 

"So can we just make things clear here?" His voice begins in a deadly serious tone. "We were forced to move in together, we were filmed and invaded of our privacy, and many of you guys knew about it and didn't even tell us? Even our managers?" He asks. I see exo's managers standing next to HonJae, both suddenly looking very nervous.

"Uhh y-yeah Chanyeol" One of them reply "S-sorry?"

Chanyeol and I glance at each other for a few seconds, nod once, then face the crowd again. 

The room is so silent that you can hear a pin drop. We stare at everyone for a few moments...

... before bursting out into laughter.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, I should be furious. And I am a little bit, at Young-min. But there is nothing I can do about it, so I might as well move on. It doesn't look like I'm getting fired anytime soon and besides, it's hilarious. This whole situation was a huge, elaborate and hilarious set up. How can I not laugh? Everyone else quickly joins in the laughter.

"Wait! I almost forgot!" Jonghyun states, interrupting the moment. "I need to show you all one last thing. Young-min said that this is punishment for giving him such a hard time, but he says that he forgives you and is happy for you two. Consider this a bit of a spoiler alert everyone!" 

"Oh ." I think out loud, which is followed by more laughter. Then the tv turns back on behind me.

"Do you really want to know why I hate you?" His deep voice asks again .


 "Yes." I hear myself say. The audience soon begins oohing and whistling again in front of me and I force myself to turn around.

I look at the screen focused on me, my eyes wide as he suddenly kisses me, then I kiss back and close my eyes. Chanyeol snakes his arms around my waist as we continue to kiss. 

My face burns red and I try to cover my embarrassment "Jonghyun I hate you!" I yell at him, but with a smile on my face. I can't help it. Chanyeol is now laughing on the floor next to me, clapping like a seal. 

"Is this show PG?!" Sehun calls out, I glare at him and he snickers. 

"Awww you guys are soo cute!" Taeyeon yells, "I ship you two!"

"Kiss! Kiss!" Baekhyun yells next to her, I glare at him as well.

Eventually our kissing scene ends and the tv turns off again. Chanyeol composes himself, still sitting on the floor. "Hyung does this mean we're not fired?" 

"Correct."

"YES!!" We cheer simultaneously and jump up and down. He runs to me and suddenly spins me in a circle, which earns a few more whistles and chants.

"Hey guys one more thing! I need to ask Sori something so be quiet!" An incredibly happy-virus Chanyeol yells to the audience. Everyone quiets down.

He turns to me and smiles, looking into my eyes again.

"Sori since we aren't getting fired, would you like to be my girlfriend?" 

I return his smile and quickly look at HonJae "Eomma number two, do I have permission to date this pabo?" I laugh.

She replies with a yes but gives Chanyeol a slight threat, just to . So obviously I say yes to Chanyeol and he hugs me again. Baekhyun demands that we kiss, but both of us are still too embarrassed from that video from a few moments ago. And then we scold him for being a ert.

And now I guess it's official. We are a couple. After everything that happened, and after me initially hating him, we are now actually dating. It's crazy that my worst enemy ends up being my boyfriend. I still have my questions about this drama though. Like why they couldn't just tell us about it and give us scripts? Why are they calling it a drama and not a reality show? How long have they been filming us for? And many other things come to my mind for the rest of the day.

But when I go to bed, in my own apartment with HonJae again, one thing comes to mind.

Holy , my mum was right!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyeong everyone!! So in case you haven't gathered, this is actually the last chapter of my fic, I'm so sorry it had to end so soon but I'm just not good at writing super long stories that go on for 50 chapters. However I did promise you all with regular updates, and I'm keeping that promise as next week I'll upload the epilogue.

Thank you all so much for your comments and feedback and for simply reading this story at all. Love you