Love or War

My Worst Enemy in SM

I don't know if this idea is any good, but hey it's worth a shot.

"And you really think this is going to help our.. relationship?" he asks with added awkwardness on the word 'relationship'.

I press play on the DVD remote "I don't see why not. We've always ignored the activities that the both of us do, so if I watch all of your drama, 'EXO Next Door', and if you watch the movie that I'm in-"

"We can find some respect for each other?" he interrupts.

I smile a little "Exactly."

He returns the smile and holds his gaze with mine, but then I get that wierd feeling in my stomach again and I'm forced to look away. He finally settles himself on the couch and begins watching the screen. "Okay then, lets do this" he says. Although he seems positive enough, I can't help but feel there is something bothering him. He seemed upset about something when I saw him this morning...

"Well, are you gonna sit or not?"he asks, giving me a confused look.

I snap out of my thoughts, I realise that I may have been staring at him. "Oh right, sorry" I reply. I quickly sit on the opposite end and open my laptop, keeping the hair in my face so he doesn't see my cheeks turning red. I know what you're thinking, and no, I do not have feelings for him.

I'm pretty sure.

I put in my headphones and open up the show. I only know a little about it. Something about exo moving into a house next door to a fan and that Chanyeol is one of the main characters, it's probably a love thing. I'm surprised his fans didn't go insane about it, especially if he ends up with the girl.

My guess is that its going to be like any cliche Korean drama, but I'm willing to give it a shot if I can get back to preparing for my tour. I take a glimpse at Chanyeol, who is already focused on my movie. It isn't a romantic movie, and I'm not the lead character. But it is a Hollywood movie and it has Johnny Depp and Anna Kendrick in it, so being my competitive self, I think I win. He will hopefully like it.

'I hope this idea works' I think to myself and I finally click the play button.

____

Every now and then I sneak a look at him. I think he's enjoying it, like he laughs at the jokes and all, and he has finished his popcorn. But I think he might only be doing that because I'm right next to him, he has caught me looking at him three times already. And every time he does I try and play it off by awkwardly coughing or something, then my cheeks turn red and I look away again. Pretty embarrassing really. 

Exo Next Door just finished, and I was right, it was very cliche. It reminded me a lot of fan-fiction, especially the weird Baekhyun and Sehun scene. But overall it was cute and I did like it. I put away my laptop and continue watching the movie with Chanyeol, there isn't much left to go anyway.

"Did you like it?" he asks, still focused on the tv.

I nod and take a hand full of popcorn, "I did, what about you?" I reply, looking at him.

He sees me with his peripheral vision and smirks a bit before averting his gaze "It's good. You're a really great actor."

I focus my attention back to the movie "thanks" I reply casually, even though on the inside I'm feeling very confident and pleased. I know I'm a pretty good actor. I grab myseld some more popcorn, as I think I deserve it.

--

Neither of us speak for the rest of the movie until it finishes. When it does though, I remember that I still have questions that need answering.

"That was a good idea Sori, I think I have a new found respect for you" he says while he stretches his arms above his head before letting out a yawn. I smile in content, knowing that my idea actually worked.

I stand up with my empty bowel of popcorn and head to the kitchen, soon followed by Chanyeol "Thanks. And I think you're a pretty good actor too." I open the dishwasher and we both place the dishes inside it.

After closing the dishwasher and standing upright I realise that we are standing too close to each other.

"So now what?" he asks casually, not noticing what I just have.

I clear my throat and take a step back, once I do that he seems to understand. He coughs slightly and places one hand behind the nape of his neck awkwardly.

"Well..." I start "There was something I wanted to ask you but I don't know if-"

"Go ahead" he insists.

I blink a few times "Okay then" I walk to the opposite side of the kitchen bench "Look, is there another reason you.. dislike me... that you're not telling me about? Because I can't help but feel like there is..."

His eyes narrow at me. Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have done that.

"Another reason? Like what?" his voice no longer casual or awkward. It's turned straight into serious.

"I don't know." I shrug "I'm just asking. When we were talking about this, you seemed like you were keeping something to yourself."

He scoffs.

Yup definitely not a good idea.

"Why is it always me? You 'dislike' me just as much, and I don't keep nagging you about it."

"Well you've never asked, but trust me I have my reasons." I cross my arms, this guy is unbelievable. Are we really gonna have an argument now? After everything that we went through?

"Okay then. Why do you hate me? Besides jealousy that is."

"Oh come on like I would be" I scoff "You really want an answer? It's because I don't ing understand you. You're nice one minute and then a complete the next. Happy?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh thanks. That really clears things up." he says sarcastically.

"Good, then maybe you can work on that." I agree.

He moves away from the kitchen "Since you're so paranoid about it, tell me. What do you think is the secret reason that I can't stand you? Roommate?" His cold eyes shooting daggers at my own. I can't believe how bi-polar he can be sometimes.

"Well my guess is that you're mad I still talk to Luhan and Kris."

He takes a step closer and rolls his eyes "Well honey, you're wrong."

I chuckle "Did you just call me honey? Wow ist much?"

He smirks "I only said it because I knew it would piss you off." He takes another step closer.

I look away from him and take a small step back. "Yeah because that seems to be your number one pastime huh? Pissing me off? Annoying me? Making me angry?"

"Yeah, maybe. I'll admit I did try to fix this, so that we could both go back to our normal lives. But that can't be done as I still haven't forgiven you for what you did! And no, it is not related to Luhan or Kris."

I turn and narrow my eyes at him "Haven't forgiven me for what?!" I now take a step towards him "Tell me! What the did I ever do to you? Or else neither of us will be leaving this stupid apartment anytime soon."

He looks down at me and sighs. I feel his warm breath linger on me, considering he's only inches from me now. 

He closes his eyes, steps back, and turns around. His back now facing me. "Forget it." He spits out coldly.

"Fine then." I reply. 

I turn around and quickly walk towards the bedroom. I haven't figured out what I'll do once I get there though. Maybe I'll cry, maybe I'll scream or maybe I'll just sleep in my bed. Anything is better than being in the same room as that ing jerk. I can't believe I ever thought that I might of had feelings for him. I can't believe anyone would think that! How can you love a person who makes you want to rip your hair out three times a day?! 

When I get to the room I forget to close the door and I walk towards my bed. I decide to take deep breaths in and out, I close my eyes and I hold on to my necklace.

'Be strong' I think to myself. That's what my father would say. And there is no way I will let some guy make me go insane.

I open my eyes and turn around, to Chanyeol, who is standing a few steps away from me. I didn't even hear him walk in. His eyes are still cold, which match his grey jumper. And his hands are in his pockets.

"Do you really want to know why I hate you?" His deep voice asks, his eyes never leaving me.

I keep my shoulders back and my chin high, "Yes." I say. Unsure of what to expect.

His eyes move to my lips. Then he quickly takes three steps towards me, leans down and kisses me, closing the distance between us. I widen my eyes, surprised by his actions, but soon I kiss back and close my eyes. The kiss is long, slow and passionate as he snakes his hands around me. I can't describe it, but it made me want that weird sensation in my stomach, to come and never go away. I've never felt more alive. 

He is the first one to pull back, catching his breath. He speaks softly, "I hated you ever since we first met. Not because I'm jealous of you or because of Luhan or Kris. Because you make me want to kiss you every time I see you. And I will never forgive you for that."

Before I can say anything, he swiftly exits the room. I hear the front door of our apartment close. And I'm left alone in our room.

I touch my mouth, I can still feel his lips on me. I sigh to myself and let my hand drop.

 " you Chanyeol." Is all I'm able to say.