The Second Meeting

My Worst Enemy in SM

Waiting. 

This is all I have been doing for the past 30 minutes in this empty waiting room on this highly uncomfortable, but quite stylish, chair. Waiting. The meeting was supposed to start almost 20 minutes ago.  And Chanyeol isn't even here yet! I swear to God he is going to completely blow our chances. I don't even know if Young-min is here yet. Maybe he is running late. Maybe manager unnie got the wrong information.

Or maybe he decided to cancel the meeting altogether because my roommate hasn't shown up!

But yet, I still wait. Twiddling my thumbs and staring up at the ceiling all by myself while I wait for my incoming fate to finally hit me.

Suddenly I hear someone running and panting loudly and I sit up. Chanyeol is here.

"Have they called us in yet?" he asks, his wild, silver hair bobbing up and down with each step he takes.

"No they haven't. And they probably won't now because of how late you are." I say calmly "You know you're at least 20 minutes late right?"

He takes a seat on the sofa across from me "Well you can blame yourself for that." he states.

"Me? I've been here since-"

"You stole my stuff." he interrupts "I've been looking everywhere trying to find them."

"Did you consider that maybe I had them with me?" I ask sarcastically.

"I figured you would have hid them somewhere. So if we get in any more trouble for being late it's on you." He says, obviously he is still in a terrible mood.

I scoff. "You're kidding me right? It was a bag of chips, which I ate, and a doll. That's no excuse for you being late. Do you want to move back into your own dorm or not?! And besides I only did it because you took my phone so if we are gonna play the blame game the fault lies with you. Understood Yeolie?"

He stands up again "Don't call me Yeolie!" he retorts " You know I've just about had it with you and your little games."

Is this guy serious? Now it's my turn to stand up "My little games?!" I ask "You're the one who has been treating me like ever since we met and I've only ever stood up for myself. You're the one who plays games with me not the other way around."

"Is that so?" he demands, his arms crossed, his brown eyes staring down at me.

"Yeah it is. And this dumb game isn't gonna end unless you get your act together. I swear to god today you have been more uptight than usual."

He finally steps back, looking slightly defeated "Well I have a reason to be." he mumbles.

"And what would that be?" I ask in an annoyed tone, can't he just leave his own problems where they belong? In his head?

"Park Chanyeol and Kim Sori?" A woman says, different from the last time, "Kim Young-min will see you now."

We simultaneously take a deep breath and begin to follow her.

---

The moment I step back into his office the fear has formed again into a lump at the back of my throat. You would think that such a nice, large office with huge windows overlooking the city and streaks of pink and white  throughout the room's interior, SM's colours, would be comforting. Well it is, until you set your eyes on the single, large desk in the middle of the room with two chairs in front of it. That is where you will find the CEO of SM. 

Once we take our seats the woman exits the room. We are now left alone with him.

"Park Chanyeol, Kim Sori, it is lovely to see you again" Young-min smiles.

"Anyeonghaseyo Sajangnim" we reply formally, just like last time.

I quickly glance at Chanyeol, he seems less nervous this time around. In fact he doesn't seem nervous at all, he seems pissed off actually. And I know I'm correct because he suddenly takes his apartment key from his pocket and tosses it onto the desk.

"Here is my key sir." He says, his voice clearly exposing his emotions.

Youngmin looks at it strangely before looking back at Chanyeol "Why do you assume that you no longer need it?" he questions. 

my life, don't wreck this Chanyeol.

His expression falters a bit and only now do his nerves set in "I-I just figured that you wanted to see us today to tell us that-"

"You no longer have to live together?" He finishes the sentence, cutting off Chanyeol.

"Ne." Chanyeol replies quietly.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not going to say that." 

"What?!" He demands, his nerves suddenly vanishing "Why not? We have been nice to each other. Ask anyone." I remain silent.

"I told you to settle your differences, not to be nice." Youngmin states as he plays with a lose thread on the sleeve of his black jacket, "Besides, If anything your relationship is even worse than before. That performance you made outside my office just now confirms it. I told you that I would be checking up on you two."

Chanyeol sighs "Please sir, with all respect, I don't think this idea is working." 

"Not yet." he agrees "But it will. I am going to make sure of it."

I furrow my eyebrows and finally speak "What do you mean sir?" .

"Well clearly you two haven't been able to properly spend time with each other." 

Yeah right, I think to myself. We are with each other every moment of the day.

"Therefore, until you two solve your differences I'm cancelling all of your future schedules. No matter how long it takes."

Immediately the most important thing to me right now comes to my mind. 

My tour.

"But sir my first tour starts soon! In less than a month! You can't cancel it now!" I insist.

"I won't have to cancel it if this problem gets solved. The sooner you resolve your differences the sooner you can get along again. Until then, no music shows, no radios and also no practice sessions." He says, a smile still on his face. How much I would love to punch it right now. I can literally feel my blood beginning to boil. I mean how dare he do this to me! And all because I can't be friends with one person? What a load of bull. 

Hmm, maybe I should cut back on the swearing. I just noticed I do this a lot. I never used to, where did I get this from?

"Please sir." I plead "There is no way we will be able to get along by then. Can you please change your mind?".

"I'm sorry Sori, my decision stands." He says, authority in his tone.

Chanyeol gets out of his chair in a huff and then mumbles to himself.  "This is bull" I hear him say, hopefully it was low enough that Youngmin didn't hear it. Maybe I learned to swear so much from Chanyeol. From all the arguing and such?

Anyway within a few moments he is out the door and leaves the office. His key still on the desk.

Idiot.

Youngmin clears his throat awkwardly "Don't worry, he'll come around." he says reassuringly.

I sigh loudly "How can you be so sure? He hates me and there is no changing that." I reply.

"You don't know that Sori. Have you ever actually asked him why he dislikes you so much?" 

I think for a moment. No, I don't suppose I have. Have I?

Maybe I should.

When I don't respond he speaks up again, looking at Chanyeol's key "Well I suggest you do. Now go on and bring that key back to him. His going to want that sooner or later."

"Ne sir, thank you." I take the key and exit the office. I shove the key is my bag and check my phone. 

9:00pm. 

Now let's think for a moment. He no longer has any schedules, he may have to tell s the news but after that he will head straight back to our dorm. If I were his friend I would go there right away so he can get inside. But at the moment I'm mad at him.

And I'm not his friend.