Jimin part 3 (end)

Breaking up with BTS

The following day, a Saturday, you went back to the hospital. It was a bit scary knowing how unwelcome you were when you visited the day before, but after a long debate with yourself on whether you should go back or not, your concern for Jimin won and you decided to brave the disapproving glares of the other members. You stood for a few moments in front of Jimin’s hospital room’s door, telling yourself to be brave, before knocking briefly and opening the door. To your surprise, only Jimin and Lena were present in the room.

“Er, hello,” you said tentatively, as you walked into the room.

Jimin didn’t respond and you stood there awkwardly until Lena broke the silence. “Unni, we haven’t properly met. I’m Lena, Tae’s girlfriend. I’ve heard so much about you. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you the first time.”

“No, no. I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself that time and for misunderstanding the situation…” you murmured apologetically.

“Please come sit beside the bed. I’m just on my way out,” Lena said.

“What are you talking about?” Jimin asked. “You just arrived 5 minutes ago.”

“I only came here because Tae and the others have a guesting at a show and there’s no one to be with you. But now that unni is here, she can stay with you and I can go watch their performance.” Lena told Jimin with a grin.  Then she turned to you and said, “Thanks for coming, unni. Perfect  timing.”  With a final wave, Lena went out of the room, leaving you and Jimin alone.

“Jimin,” you said as you sat at the chair beside his bed. “How are you feeling? Are you still in pain?”

Jimin resolutely looked away from you and did not reply.

“I brought you your favorite fruits,” you persisted. Still, there was no reply from Jimin.

“Jiminie, I know you don’t want me here, but I just want to know how you are,” you continued. “

“Why? Why do you care now? You didn’t care how I was before,” Jimin finally said, looking at you with hurt-filled eyes.

“No, that’s not true. I care about you a lot,” you protested.

“Really? That’s how you care about someone? Not talking to them? Not hearing what they have to say?”

“Jimin, I’m really sorry. I was very hurt and I really thought you cheated on me…”

“Then what about me? How do you think I felt?” Jimin asked.

You took his hand and said, “I know now that I’ve made a mistake and I’m sorry for hurting you. Can you please forgive me?”

Jimin just stared at your hand holding his and did not reply. After a few moments of silence, you let go of his hand and said with false brightness, “How about I feed you some fruit?” You opened the fruit bag you brought and took out an orange.  After sanitizing your hands and getting a clean plate from a food tray in the room, you started peeling the orange.

“I tried to get you some kiwi but the lady at the fruit store said there hasn’t been a delivery for weeks,” you kept talking to avoid another awkward silence. “But they have really nice apples so I got you some of that and some seedless grapes, too. They looked really yummy. I’ll wash them for you before I go so they’re ready to eat. ” When you’re done peeling and removing the veins on the orange, you looked up at Jimin to hand him the plate and found him staring at you.

“I can’t have a girlfriend who doesn’t trust me,” Jimin suddenly said, as he took the plate from you.

His words cut into your heart and you winced internally at the sudden pain. But a part of you know you’ve done wrong and that you have to accept the consequences of your actions.

“I know, Jiminie. You deserve someone better,” you said, tears threatening to fall. You cleared your throat to help stop the tears and tried to smile, “I’ll go wash up those grapes for you while you eat that orange.”

You left hurriedly so that Jimin won’t see your tears. By the time you finished washing the grapes in the en-suite bathroom’s sink, you managed to control your emotions enough to face Jimin again. 

You placed the washed grapes on the table beside Jimin’s bed and noticed Jimin still hadn’t eaten the orange.

“You don’t want the orange? You want these grapes instead?” you asked.

“No! I don’t want oranges! I don’t want grapes!” Jimin shouted, surprising you. He pushed the plate away and the orange rolled off it and fell to the floor. You were just about to pick it up when you saw Jimin crying. “I just want you! But I can’t have you if you don’t trust me!”

“Jiminie....”

“Why can’t you just believe me? Why did you have to break up with me?” Jimin was sobbing now.

You sat on the bed beside Jimin and hugged him. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Jiminie. I regret what I did.” You were crying now, too.

“You left me. You left me…” Jimin muttered in between sobs. He buried his face on your chest and hugged you back.

“I know. I’m so sorry. I should have let you explain. I should have believed you. But I really thought…at the time… anyway, I was wrong. I’m sorry.” You repeated over and over.

A few minutes passed and you have both calmed down.

You were the first to speak, “Jiminie, I know I can’t just walk back into your life. But will you let me try to earn your forgiveness at least?”

Jimin nodded.

“And then, maybe, I can work on my trust issues, and then try to earn back your love?”

Jimin looked at you silently and then he finally said, “You never lost my love. But yeah, you need to work on trusting me more.” Then he smiled at you at pinched your nose.

“Aahh!” you shouted, trying to get away. “Jiminie!”

“You’re going to work hard, right?” Jimin asked.

“Yes, promise.”

“You’re going to believe me and me only, right?”

“Yes, promise.”

“You’re still on probation,” Jimin warned.

“I accept.” You said with a genuine smile.

“Okay then,” Jimin said, nodding happily and pulling you back in his arms.

 

_______________________

A/N: Sorry this took so long.  ><  This has been a really difficult story. Aish!  I think I'll do Suga's story next... or maybe do a one-shot with a different topic.  Anyway, please let me know what you think in the comment box below.  I'm always happy to hear suggestions, comments, etc.  Thanks!