Seven

Between The Two.

The rain is still pouring since last night. I looked at the clock, it’s already 10 am and still I haven’t seen any sign of her. At this rate, I might as well be the CFO. I’m preparing for talks, preparing for board meeting, handling schedule and meeting with clients. Whatever happened in the past forced me to step up in managing the office.

I stepped into the elevator, with one hand holding a cup holder, and iPad on another. Being a secretary and also representative for the family, I also had my moments of being chased by the paparazzi.

Imagine what kind of battlefield we were in for a year. I rolled my eyes when the person responsible for all this chaos stepped into the same elevator, I’m in. It’s a corporation and a group organization with six elevators all around, but we are meeting here?

“How is she doing?”

I glared at him, “Congratulations on being a father.”

“Scarlett – ”

“Ms. Johansson,” I corrected him, “It is Ms. Johansson, Mr. Lee.”

“…Ms. Johansson, how is she?”

“Ask her yourself,” I said, and returned my attention on the iPad.

“We are not on talking term,”

I chuckled, “Is that supposed to be a revelation?”

He stepped closer to me, looking frustrated, “You are just her PA. Don't overstep your boundaries. Don’t you know you also played a part on the affair?"

I chuckled at first, but when my eyes met his – I know he is serious about it. I don’t know for how long we are glaring at each other and I didn’t know I been holding my breath in until he stepped out of the elevator.

What is he talking about?

I played a part?

***

I couldn't stop thinking about what he said earlier. It's now after working hours yet I'm still here, sitting in front of my computer - thinking about it. I let out another sigh before standing up getting ready to leave. The office lights has been switched off which means, only the security and front desk with cleaners are on duty. I let out another sigh when I looked at the calendar. It's filled with schedule even on Sundays. 

When am I gonna get my holidays?

"Why are you still here?"

I turned around, to a very much unpleasant sight, "What are you doing here, Krystal?"

"I'm here for my husband."

I rolled my eyes, "Right. Congratulation on being a mother."

"..."

*DING*

"Leave. Jo's not here," I said stepping into the elevator. "Her side of the office is off-limits for you."

"Who are you to say that?!"

I clicked my tongue, "Her PA. And besides, your husband is Donghae. Remember that."

To say I regret saying that when I saw her nose getting red is an overstatement. That's nothing compared to what she - they did. I've been wanting to hurt her after what they had done to Jo. If only they are still together, then maybe Jo would come to work more often. Maybe; she be one reviewing reports after reports instead of me. Or maybe, she be the one attending meetings instead of me.

Maybe, just maybe, I can go for vacations now.

*BEEP*

Boss Jo: Come to the park.

Boss Jo: I'm here with Kris and Hyuna.

"Ugh!"

***

"You don't come in to work but you have time to hang out with your friends?" I scolded, "Do you know how many times the CEO is looking for you?"

I don't care if the crowd is looking at us.

"Do you know how many times do I have to cross path with the people I don't like because of you?"

"Do you know how many times I was glared at because you are not in?"

"Do you -"

"Enough!"

"Enough?" I said, in disbelief. "It will be enough if you come in, but you didn't and you dump all your work on me. The BOD meetings is around the corner! Do you know how many budget request you need to look through because it seems shady according to the accountant? I understand that I'm just your PA but for goodness sake, what do I need to knock you with for you to come to your senses?"

"And you," I pointed to Kris, and it caught him off guard. "It would be nice if you comes in as well so that I don't have to face the newly weds couple. We should share the pain, guys!"

I was huffing and puffing when I was done scolding her. And then, it was quiet with only the sound of the night wind, and also the sound of footsteps as the crowd continue with their workout and occasionally glancing at us. Busybody.

Hyuna chuckled, "I didn't know you have feisty PA, Jo."

"Solely the reason she was hired." Jo sighed, "I'm sorry. I was not ready to go.."

I sighed and took a seat beside Kris, "Sorry, I yelled."

Jo chuckled, "But then again it felt nice, doesn't it?"

I slowly nodded, and laughed, "Damn right it did! So please come to work tomorrow."