Twelve

Between The Two.

Tiffany POV

The weather is nice and sunny. It's a good weather for picnic, breakfast and our favourite - golf. This hobby is new to me as I've only recently find peace while playing golf and I suggested that she tried it too. Who would've thought that now we are playing together? Its' a big deal for me because this is first in so long that we have something we can do together away from the public. 

I leaned back towards the chair, hand supporting my head as I watched her from behind, getting ready to swing her golf club. 

"Where did you go last night?" I asked.

I've been meaning to ask her this when we were inside the car but I'm afraid I might change our destination to a cafe instead. Her body froze. Her eyes focused on me, with her biting her lips. Ah, she's comtemplating whether or not to tell me. But, what is she hiding? It's nothing bad, is it?

"I went out with Jo."

"Ah." I nodded.

Her eyes is still looking at me, "..."

Huh? Jo?

"...."

My eyes widened as realization hits me in the face, "...Jo as in Nick's ...Jo?"

She nodded.

I let out a frustration groan, "...Are you crazy?"

She let out a chuckle, "Exactly what I said."

"This is not funny, Ssica-ah."

"I never said it is."

I breathe in, and out to calm myself down. I know my best-friend is stupid sometimes, but I don't expect her to be this stupid.

"So what are you trying to say?"

"We went out for supper."

"And?"

"We talk," Jess said as she sat beside me.

"And? That's it?"

"What do you mean? Are you expecting something else to happens?"

I shrugged, "You do know what happened between you and Donghae, right?"

"Right, and I'm moving on from him, and judging by our talk last night, Jo is moving on with her life too. I don't see why I should stop living just because that head is living his life with someone else."

Moving on. 

A phrasal verb.

It means to go on to a different place, subject or activity. To start something new. Is she really starting something new? If she is, I hope it's with different person. 

"What did you and Jo talk about?"

Jessica smiled, "...Life."

"Oh, very inspiring." I teased. "... Does Nick know she's here?"

She shook her head, "...I asked her if she's going to see Nick."

"And?"

"I can tell that she misses him, but don't want to admit it."

This is the first time I seen her talking about someone. I remembered when she was talking about Donghae, she was careful, like she's afraid that I would get mad at her. She was never happy, like she is walking on eggshells. That relationship is already doom right before it started. I'm not surprised they lasted less than a year but I'm surprised that my best friend is stupid enough for love.

I know once in our life time we fall for someone like Lee Donghae. Handsome, but never take love seriously after the first fall. The type that come and go when it's convenient for him. The type that draws a line when it comes to his personal space. But I think this type of love is necessary, it helps us to have a better standard for partner that we want for our significant other. 

"Is she flying off soon?"

"Hm, she's flying back to Tokyo today but will be back for the fashion show."

I raised my sidebrows, Oh, you knew her schedule now?

Jessica looked away, but her cheeks turns shade of red, "J-Jo told me."

"Jo told you or you asked?"

"Is there a difference?"

I shrugged, "Congrats on managed to get her attending the fashion show."

"...Hyuna,"

The reply was soft, but it was loud enough for me to hear. Her eyes are staring into the blank space, and her face espressions just dropped. 

Is that jealousy?

 

Amber POV.

“Ohayō.” He greets, handing me a cup of coffee. “You’re early. I don’t remember you having any meetings today.”

"I came straight from the airport and I don't wanna go home just yet." I pressed my lips into a thin line, "Japan is relatively new to me so I still don’t know where to go and what to do.”

He hummed in response, “...I heard you have been spending time with Hyuna lately. Have you two reconciled the old love?”

I chuckle, “...I mean, sure, we but that’s just it.”

“So, it’s an FWB-kinda thing?” He asked, just as the elevator dinged and the door opened.

We waited for most of the employees to step out before stepping in. The crowded spaces in this office are no joke despite the country holding the spot as one of the underpopulated countries in the world.

Interestingly, Japan is the easiest case study I ever do for my exam back in the day. The easiest to score, and my favorite too.

“I heard you and Nick are not on good terms,” he said softly but I caught him.

I kept quiet instead. I don’t wanna talk about it and I don’t wanna see him – not yet, at least. Maybe I deserve that; but Nick has no right to tell me what I decided to do with my life – what I decided to share. It’s not like he doesn’t know who or how I am. Our bond is supposed to be stronger than ‘I kept him in the dark’. He knew but he decided to do what he wants to do, and it’s better for me to just stay away for now.

“What’s my schedule for the day?” I asked, as the elevator goes up and stops occasionally when it needed to take in a new passenger.

“Maybe just sign some papers and go straight home, I suppose?” Kris said, leaning back onto the wall. "How was Seoul?"

 

 

We sat opposite each other, divided by partition from the crowds. The rectangular table has a round barbecue grill in the middle of the table and a small ventilation pipe hanging from the ceiling. Within minutes, the waiter served us with the side dishes and a couple of green bottles, two glass of beers.

"Have you tried soju, Jo?"

"Huh?"

She chuckled, and hold one bottle in her hand, "Sorry, this green bottle is soju - korean ricewine. Do you know that to some extent, the Korean culture is reflected in the way you pour and drink soju?"

I shook my head. 

"How old are you?"

"Me? I'm twenty-five. And yourself, Jess?"

She nodded, and pressed her lips into a thin line, "I'm three years older -"

This time a waitress came and place our order on the table - one serving of pork and beef, two bowl of rice, lettuces and couples of side dishes. It's like an unspoken rule that we have to stop talking when a stranger suddenly appeared. As soon as the waitress left, she poured me a glass and place it on the side afterward.

"Let me show you. Pour me a glass."

I looked at her, and reluctantly hold the bottle. 

"Hold the bottle with your right hand, and make sure you cover the label. Use your left hand to lightly support it," she instructed and I adjusted my action accordingly. "When you pour, pour it a little more than half."

I obeyed, and took my glass once it done.

"Cheers." She smiled. "When you drink, turn your face slighty to the side."

I drank it like how as I was told. With one gulp, I can feel the alcohol burning down my throat, the taste made me frown my face but somehow it taste -

"...Sweet?"

Jess smiled,  "It means you had a good day today."

 

 

"It was," I paused and smiled as I remembered her and the 'lesson' we had, "Good."