Eight

Between The Two.

Amber POV

I sat back on the chair, wasn't really feeling the get-together before the wedding. I traced the tip of the glass, and sighed before looking around - it's a modern bar and packed. The different light effect helps to blends in the bar interior and the atmosphere. On the outside, there's another smaller bar that caters to those that wants to enjoy the open air atmosphere. Let's pray that it won't rain tonight.

Heh.

We would go to a nightclub considering that this is the last night of celebrating his singleness before the wedding tomorrow but apparently the future wife warns him on getting drunk so we ended up in a softcore bar. We were sitting in one table with his friends - Taecyeon (who hasn't stop staring at me like I owe him something), and Junho with Kris and Hyuna. Meanwhile the future brides are somewhere else celebrating their night.

I woke up from my thoughts when I felt a hand rubbing my lap.

"Why don't you go and talk to Nick outside?" 

I sighed, "Do I have to?"

Her hand rubs my cheek, "Babe, you're here. I know you care about Nick and you missed him too."

"Hyuna, I don't -"

"Go."

I groaned, and lazily dragged my body up and through the crowd. It was quite hard, almost impossible when people are blocking your way, or stops you just to says hi. I brushed them off because even as far as I'm already at, I can feel Hyuna eyes following me from behind. Once I was outside, I inhaled the fresh cold air. Ah, this is refreshing. The moment I exhaled, I could feel the bits and pieces all the burden have lifted off my shoulders.

Once I gathered enough courage, I walked over - eyes focusing on Nick, thinking about what I should say. Honestly, I am very unsure about this. I couldn't stop myself from scratching my ears as I walked. I was never good at apologizing and I never knew how.

I swallowed, "Nick, I'm sorry. I -"

I paused when he turned around to face me. In between those seconds of staring contest, his eyes showed nothing other than anger. The wind blows softly against us in the darkest of night. It's only matter of time when his fist came in contact with my face, took me off guards and I stumbled backward.

Our eyes met once again with my one hand holding on the wooden rail and another holding my jaw. His right hand balled into a fist. His chest rises up with every breath he take. Hurt was evident on his face. The last time I see him like this was back when his mother passed away.

Hurt and anger - lost and confused. 

I groaned in pain and took one step back as I try to calm myself down. I forced out a laugh, "Okay - maybe I deserve that. But also maybe I don't. You have no right to force me to share -"

His fist came into contact with my face once again - cutting me off my sentences. The second strike hurt my head badly causing me to lose balance. I dropped down onto the wooden floor, partly because I was already tipsy from the alcohol beforehand. Only this time, the aftertaste is salty and metallic lingers on my tongue. Blood. I sighed, and wiped the blood off before turning my back against him - getting ready to leave.

This apology is useless if this is happening.

"You have become weak, Jo!"

Keep walking, Am.

"Loser!"

I keep walking but my head is hurting me and my chest felt constricted every time I breathe.

"It's a no wonder that Soo Jung cheated on you!"

I stops in my track, both my hands balled into fist. Anger clouded my judgement - there was no passion or anger or anything at all shown on my face as I charged toward Nick and strike as hard as I could. He dropped down on the wooden floor, groaning in pain and spitting out blood as he tries to sat up.

The feeling of being outside myself taking over as I straddled him, gaining control. I sees his eyes but I refused to meet them and I refused to back away. He triggered something in me that made me a ticking timed bomb. I've struggled for so long with my self worth and confidence and I will not let him take it away from me. I watched myself grabbing his collar and continue to punches his face multiple time. In seconds of frustration, he managed to grab my collar and spun us around, before releasing another jab onto my face.

I can smelled his anger. 

And he can smelled mine.

Nick, then, attempted a jab but he was pulled away from me. I don't know what was going on afterward as everything was spinning around me. My breathing ragged and my vision is blurry when I tries to look. I hear the commotion but it didn't registered to me at all. All of it was like echo in a deep cave. 

***

I woke up on a bed, every part of my body is sore and painful. The ceiling looks so high up that I'm starting to feel like I'm in heaven. Slowly, the sound of my surrounding started to make way to my ears, alerting myself that I'm laying down on a hospital bed. What happened? Did I fainted again? I hold my head, and realized that I have IV line attached into my veins. Must've fainted again.

"J-Jo? You're awake!"

I tried to sat up, but the hands stops me, "Stay down. You fainted last night."

Huh? "What happened?"

She frowned, "You tell me what happened."

"What do you mean?" I asked again, "Hyuna, I don't remember."

Hyuna sighed, and sat down on the edge of the bed, "You and Nick had a fight last night. If it wasn't for the waitress to notified the whole bar on your fight - we would have been having a funeral by now."

Right. The fights. Bit and pieces of last night memory started to flashed back into my memories. Scumbags.

"What happened, Jo?"

I looked away, "I don't wanna talk about it. When can I go home?"

"You can't go home yet."

"Why?"

"The wedding."

"Do I look like I cared about the wedding anymore?" I snapped. "This is a waste of time. That apology last night was a waste of time, Hyuna!"

"Then tell me what's going on?!" Hyuna snapped back. "Why did you two fight? Why did two of my bestfriends decided to exchange punches? In a foreign land, at that!"

"Please leave and tell Kris to book me a flight back home."

Ugh.