Three.

Between The Two.

Krystal POV

I stared out the window, watching the rain pouring out into the city of San Francisco. I’ve stayed home this whole time ever since the tape was leaked. The weather has been gloomy these past few weeks and it feels like the weather is on my side.

“Soo Jung?”

I looked away, wiping the lone tear that fall. “Y-Yes, dad?”

“How are you holding up?”

“I-I don’t know. Do you know who recorded and leaked the tape?”

He sighed, “I don’t. I heard they are looking into it too.”

“T-they?”

He sighed again, “The Liu Capital Group.”

I blinked, tears swelling up my eyes. I covered my mouth, trying to muffles the sound. I dropped down the floor, yet dad caught me and embrace me. Oh, God. I feel so guilty for doing this to her. I feel so guilty about cheating on her.

I knew I am pregnant when my periods are late. I managed to cover up the first two when I overworked myself. The third time; I was too tired and too ashamed to do it again.

“Let it out, Soo Jung.”

I burst out crying even louder. The pain was too much for me to take. He impregnated his girlfriend back in Seoul and impregnated me. Why? Just why did I stoop down to his level? Just why did I decide to cheat?

The was good and all but I did not have any connection with him like how I have with her.

It was all lust.

It took me a while to calm myself down and caught up to my breath. “I need to see Amber, dad.”

“Soo Jung,” he said. “Amber doesn’t want to see you, or me — ‘us’ in general.”

“N-no. Do something, dad.” I cried. “Please.”

***

Today is Friday — our usual movie date night. It used to be by now; I’d be receiving a few texts on what movies do I wanna watch or what food do I wanna eat or where are we watching movies. I missed that. I missed that even when how busy she gets, Jo always tries to spend time with me.

I don’t know what comes over me at that time when Jo called to apologize. I just snapped when she mentioned Scarlett.

It was jealousy.

It was a feeling of jealousy on how Scarlett travels more with my fiancée than I do. I feel thrown aside. I feel neglected.

I still remembered the day when I received calls from Scarlett, telling me that they had to fly over to Seoul. I remembered the tone of her voice, warning me that she will hurt me if I hurt Amber. I still remembered the tone of her voice when she tells me that Amber is thinking of taking Donghae's place to save her father.

I cheated a diamond for a piece of rock.

After a few calls made by dad, I was able to make an appointment to see her. I laughed. I never had to make an appointment before. This one of the things I’ve taken for granted.

“Have a seat, Ms. Jung.”

I sat down across her, “Is she c-coming? I-I want to see her.”

“Ms. Jung, it is important for you to know that Chief Jo does not want to have anything to do with you —”

I cut her off, “I said I want to see her!”

But instead, I got ignored and she continues, “and if you have anything to say, say it to me and I will pass it to her.”

I had enough. I wasn’t myself for a while now and I’ve been losing sleep and feeling nervous about this day. I want to see her and ask for forgiveness. Whatever it is; I want to see her. I stood up, and walk out of the meeting room. I can feel all eyes are on me as it’s been months since the leak and our broken engagement news broke out.

I could hear my name being called, as I make my way through to her office. I barged in and stood there like an idiot while she sat down behind her desk. I locked eyes with her — I bet she knows I’m looking at her through these shades I had on.

“Well?”

“I-I heard you’re looking into the leaker too.”

“Anything else, Ms. Jung?”

The word sounded like a knife stabbed through my heart. I don’t want that. I want her to call me baby. I want her to call me like always. I don’t want this coldness. I hate it. I don’t care anymore. I walked quickly to her, ignoring her calling me; Ms. Jung. I pulled her chair so that she faced me, and immediately I kissed her on the lips.

However, the kiss was not returned. I pulled back and stares into her eyes. It was cold, full of anger.

Amber stood up, distancing herself away from me, “Do not kiss me with the same lips you kissed him.”

“I-I miss you, Am..”

“Leave.”

I did not come all the way here to be ignored. I grabbed her hand, preventing her from leaving me. “P-please. Tell me what to do for you to take me back —” I dropped down to my knees and finally burst out crying.

“If..” I choked on my words; it was getting harder to breathe. “I-I will spend my whole life asking for forgiveness if that’s what you want — if that will make you take me back — if —”

"Leave."

“N-No, Am. Please..” I pleaded. “I’m sorry.”

I begged and begged even after the door pushed open and Scarlett entered. I cried so hard that I’ve started to loosen the grip on her hand. It wasn’t long till I fall to the ground and out.

 

Amber POV.

It was one fine winter evening. I was in New York, keeping her company for a fund-raising dinner. I still remember how beautiful she was in the blue dress that falls right below her knees. Even winter coat never fails to surface her beauty.

HIT.

After dinner, we walked to the Empire State Building since the hall where we were at was just a couple of blocks away. Because I was so much in love with her; I gladly carried her bridal style all the way.

HIT.

Now, I don't even know, I am not sure if I am still in love with her.

HIT.

Maybe, not.

HIT.

I chose the top observatory deck.

HIT.

As we were in the elevator, I hugged her from behind, trailing kisses from her temple, and down to her shoulder.

“I love you.”

HIT.

She titled her head to the side, caressing my nape as her lips met mine. She turns around, deepening the kiss till we’re out of breath.

“..I love you too, Am.”

HIT.

Do you?

HIT.

Ding the elevator slide opened the elevator man that waited outside as soon as I texted him, handed her a bouquet of roses.

“What's this?”

“It's for you, princess.”

HIT.

Princess clung onto my arms, till we reach the deck with the telescope. Quickly she let go of my arm and spinning under the mistletoe, as a wide smile plastered on her face.

I couldn't take my eyes off her.

HIT.

HIT.

I grabbed her hands and rubbed our nose together before placing a chaste kiss on her lips. I'll never get tired of this lip.

HIT.

HIT.

HIT.

“You're one challenging woman, you know that?” I ask, making sure she knows it.

“All I know is that you fall for me.”

“Every time, princess.” I smiled. “Every time.”

HIT.

“Like the view?”

Princess nodded vigorously and wrapped her hands around my waist, head resting against my chest. I brush her hair, kisses her crown.

“Baby?”

“Hm?”

“Look at me.”

She looked up at me, that innocent eyes and an innocent smile.

HIT.

Deceiver.

HIT.

I tucked away those brown locks. “Because of you, I change for the better. Thank you.”

HIT.

“Why are you being so sweet tonight?”

“Just listen, okay?”

She smiled. “Okay, dork.”

“I'm in love with the way you rolled your eyes at me.”

HIT.

“I'm in love with the way you styled yourself.”

HIT.

“I'm in love when you smile.”

HIT.

“I fall harder when you laugh.”

HIT.

Amber!”

“But, most of all – I'm in love with you and all of you.”

HIT.

I dropped down to one knee, holding out a blue box. Both of my hands are trembling hardly. I guess this is how a dad must feel when he purposed to mom.

“A-Am..”

HIT.

I opened the box, revealing a diamond ring.

HIT.

Her eyes swelled up in tears.

HIT.

“A-Am..”

HIT.

“I don't know if it's too fast, or too late,” I noticed my voice was shaking as well. “But, all I know is that I want the world to know you're taken and you're mine.”

HIT.

“And this ring is will be the symbol that I am serious about you..”

HIT.

“Will you marry me, Jung Soo Jung?” I asked, locking my eyes on her brown ones.

HIT.

So gorgeous.

HIT.

HIT.

Her head nodded.

HIT.

Her tears landed on the top of my hand.

HIT.

“Y-Yes!”

HIT.

HIT.

HIT.

I stand up and kissed her on the lips.

“I love you.”

HIT.

“I love you too.”

HIT.

HIT.

HIT.

Liar!

HIT.

HIT.

“Amber!”

I keep on punching the punching bag, as I let my tears fall. I punched and I punched hard. I started to feel the pain in both of my knuckles. I noticed the blood on the punching bag.

HIT.

But I don't care.

HIT.

“AMBER!”

I lounge another hard punch on it and let out a scream. Quickly, I felt every tension leaving my body. It felt nice but the tears aren’t stopping any minutes.

“Amber?”

I sniffed, faking a smile as I looked up. “How'd you know I'm here, Kris?” I ask, trying to sound as okay as I could.

He chuckled. “It’s my gym, Amber.”

“Right.”

“Hey, listen... about Krystal —”

“I don’t want to know. Thanks.”

I left once they took Krystal to the emergency room. The news travels fast and of course, he comes running towards the ambulance. I can see how worried he is. I can see how much love he has for her. I will step back. No matter how painful it is. No matter how much it is killing me inside.