Cherish the Moment

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

 

“Thriller, romance, or comedy?” Eunji was busy flipping through the CDs book when she partly screamed out, loud enough to reverberate towards the kitchen.

 

Naeun came out from the kitchen, just to respond on Eunji but the latter unconsciously cut her off.

 

“Nevermind, I know exactly what to watch,” she already clicked on the play button.

 

“Yah, wait for us. What are we watching by the way?” Chorong followed Naeun to sit on the couch.

 

“I feel like crying today, so it’s Hachiko” Eunji plainly said.

 

“I have a weak heart as well, so I’m gonna need at least a box of tissues then,” Chorong scowled.

 

“Why do you need tissues when it’s my job to wipe your tears away?”

 

Bomi suddenly blurted out from behind, kneeling down in front of Chorong with a wide grin was plastered on her face.  The latter’s face was reddening as much as an overripe tomato, means everyone could tell she was blushing so hard. There was no way she could reply the gaze from Bomi so she just looked down on her knee.

 

“Ewww, too much of cheese cake from Pabomi, ” Eunji squirmed then moved towards Bomi and put her on a ‘gentle’ headlock.

 

“Yah, you ruined our moment!” Bomi screamed out. She struggled to get away from her but no avail.

 

Naeun shook her head, not believing those two kids were older than her. She decided to step in.

 

“Will you two brooders stop it already? The movie is starting.” She pulled Eunji by her arm, making Eunji to sit properly on the floor, beside her.

 

Eunji was not joking. the movie just entered the second half, but she already cried a river at every sad scenes. Naeun in the other hand, her interest in that movie was long gone. Instead, she awkwardly took a lot of so called unnoticeable glances at the elder beside her, fighting the urge not to run her fingers up on Eunji’s cheeks to wipe her tears. Good thing for her that Eunji was too immersed in that movie and that dim light in the living room helped her to continue with her doings.

 

While Chorong and Bomi were sitting on the couch, with the elder’s head leaned on her girlfriend’s shoulder just like a common couple scene in dramas. As what she promised, Bomi was the one who managed Chorong’s tear by keeping a bundle of tissues in her hand for her need.

 

After all it was such a pleasant movie night and also a healing time for them in a way, well at least for Bomi. She needed it most after a rough week she had. Yet,she still hasn’t spoke to Eunji about the meeting with her father. She wasn’t sure if she should.

 

The movie was about to end, then Naeun’s phone was buzzing. It was from her mother. There was some kind of emergency so she couldn’t stay for sleepover at Bomi’s apartment as planned. Eunji insisted to send Naeun home and so she decided to go straight home as well, thinking that her lovebird friends could make use of some privacy.

 

*****

 

Chorong looked around the small sized room. Bomi was rather neat and simple to her surprise. Her single bed with yellow duckling printed sheet made her giggled. She moved around, reaching the wooden study table to feel amazed at her well organized book collections on the table. Right then, she spotted a book with lavender colored cover together with a few of pink bookmarks attached on some pages. Curiously caused her to reached out her hand and grab a hold onto the book but a voice stopped her from doing so.

 

“No, don’t open that!” Bomi run towards Chorong from outside of the room so fast like her life depended on the book which was true to a certain extent.

 

“Sorry, I don’t mean to do that. But what is it actu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter