All For You

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21st March 2008

Call me a fool or naive. I don't care. This is the path I'm willing to walk through.

 Between love, life and death, I could only choose one. And no doubt, I know what my heart wants because that is what she deserves. Nothing less.

You can sacrifice and not love.
But you cannot love and not sacrifice.

 

Park Chorong. This is all for you

_________________________________________________

2 days later

Author's POV

The vibe was slightly different. No, it was not only gloomy or sad or depressing sight to see. On top of that, no one could hide their fear and terrify. The long wait in front of the door was a big torment to all. Eunji and Naeun sat between Mrs. Park on that cold plastic blue chairs facing his room whom they should be meeting with.

Meanwhile Bomi couldn't care less to pick her seat. Instead she had back against the wall, slightly putting her distance away from the latters with a blank look on facade.

Nearly 5 minutes after that, a sound of  footstep approached them and getting nearer to their spot. The owner of it stopped his pace once he stood fairly close to them before he politely bowed a little.
"I'm sorry for being late, I had an emergency just now with another patient downstairs. Now, let's us discuss inside, shall we?"Dr. Lee said with a small smile on his face and opened his office's door  welcomed them to enter.

*****

"Mrs. Park, regarding  your daughter, I'm sorry in advance for the new I'm about to inform. Based on the tests we run, her condition has deteriorate a lot especially her kidneys. The damage is nearly non reversible and with that, the dialysis procedure must be done double of the frequency from now onwards.

He stopped there for a moment to let the ill-starred mother to engage every bits of his explanation. That was one of the struggles being in this profession, conveying bad news to the family members which may break their hearts and defeat their hope altogether.

He continued.

"She must proceed with the treatment or we could perform a kidney transplant as the last resort which I..., before Dr. Lee could finish his words, Mrs. Park cut it of.

"I know that the transplant will save  my daughter and we already had this conversation before,  but I'm still have no enough money even though I'm willing to give my life as long as she could  survive," she spoke as calmest as she could yet she failed to stop her eyes from tearing down reminding herself how she felt what a failed mother she was.

Before the air inside the room becoming too dark, Dr. Lee made an inaudible small sigh and darted her eyes directly towards to mother, sending a strong assertion to her.

"No, please hear me out. About that, there is another thing I would like to talk about," he gained the attention he wished for once he felt an absolute  silence meandered for once more and then he proceeded.

"Yesterday, a few people from a non profitable charity group came here and met me together with my superiors, saying that they are aware about Chorong and they would like to support for her surgery including the medications up until her full recovery. Here's the detail and they would like to meet you personally for further detail."

He passed an opened envelope to Mrs. Park. With unreadable response, she withdrew those few white papers and read it through.

Dr. Lee understood with the abrupt confusion from everyone's expression, except to one person.

What a small thing to be noticed about,  there was this girl who put her greatest effort in keeping her secret she had in her head. But, it was quite a failed act as another girl managed to catch that from the corner of her eagle-sharp eyes.

She looks different today. What is it Bomi? Is there something I should know about this matter?
- Eunji

Eomma, please agree to this. I did what I could. Chorong unnie must live. Her suffering should end.
- Bomi

Meanwhile, Dr. Lee and his unruffled words just kept rendering around ears of the two girls and they no more could afford for a full attention towards him.

He carried on.

"And for my part, I already found an appropriate donor and these people from the group will help in order to pursue this surgery as fast as possible. Now, do you agree to meet them and continue this plan?" Dr. Lee asked in such a manner hoping that it was convincing enough to help the mother making he wise decision.

Mrs. Park exchanged her gaze with the youngsters for a brief moment. Their hearts knew each others and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter