The Promises

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

“I hope the plan is working,” Naeun said, holding an ice cream in her left hand and walking with Eunji while enjoying the breeze. She told the truth about Chorong unni’s feeling toward Bomi two days ago so that she realize that in fact they both love each other and stop neither being afraid nor hiding. She wished that Bomi use this chance for good.

“I hope so. Bomi never love a person this much before and she didn’t really get a hold of it either in her life. That’s why she is fighting so hard to earn it from Chorong unni because she knows how precious love is” Eunji spoke. Two years knowing the girl, that was one secret that only Eunji knew. That smile, happiness and tough act used to deceive her at first but soon after, Eunji able to open her heart and there, Bomi’s deep scar was revealed.

“What do you mean by that?” Naeun suddenly stop walking and turned her face towards Eunji.

“Uhh what…nothing,” Eunji stuttered and looked away, but Naeun’s gazes insist for an answer. Eunji needed an escape plan.

Then subconsciously, Eunji cupped Naeun’s face with her left hand as the other hand holding her own ice cream. She stared at her dark brown eyes for a few seconds and said very slowly, almost whispering.

” Naeun-ah…”

Naeun frozed by the abrupt act of Eunji. She didn’t know why, but her heart was pounding like wild and her face felt so hot at the moment.

Eunji moved her thumb near to her lips and continued,

” You have an ice cream stain over here. You know what, with that you look like a…..PABO,” Eunji highlighted  the last word and run ahead for her life leaving the exasperated Naeun and also she need to hide her own blushes because that was her very first time touching Naeun like that.

*meanwhile*

 

Chorong POV

 “Be my girlfriend unni?”

I felt like the world has stopped spinning instantly. As much as people would melt hearing that, big part of me wishes that she would never bring that up. But now she said it.

"No," I cursed myself as I uttered that simple word and looked away. I’m sorry.

Insecurity beat my life out.

"Look at me, Bomi. How can you love a dying person? It’s just worthless.”

“Then let me love you till one of us depart this life,”

"No it's not fair for you Bomi, just let me go."

"Love was a foreign word in my life until I met you, so I'm not letting this one go. Not now, not ever. You may continue pushing me out, but I'll keep coming to you and believe me, only death could stop me"

"But you're going to get hurt,"

"I’ll deal with that later. Now please get on my back, we need to go back now. It's almost dark. Eunji and Naeun must be waiting for us by now.”

That night ended with silence and a lot of uncertainty.

 

Some people believe that it is not love if it is never painful.

 

3rd March 2008

My own dreadful past was running back into my mind. Those memories taught me that love is not cheap which sometime you have to beg to earn a very little piece of it. Little did I knew, it became too expensive and I decided to just stop begging eventually. Then, I found another love in her and I’m willing to beg all over again even if it’s going to cost a lot of pain. I’ll take that chance.

 

The truth is everyone is going to hurt you, but you have to find the right person who is worth enough to be hurtful for

 

I’ll keep begging because the thought of losing her is frightening me. I want to love her all my life. If the word death is what keeps her a far distant from my love, then I’ll promise her this. No, I would like to promise more…

 

Happy birthday Park Chorong

This is my ‘gift’ for you

‘5 Promises to My Love’

YBM

 

Author POV

It was Monday but Bomi couldn’t see Chorong at school. She needs to meet her so badly since Chorong stopped replying her texts after that confession happened 3 days ago. The text from Naeun early that morning was really bothering her.

 [Chorong unni is unable to come to school today, her mother told me she was a bit unwell. I’m going to check on her after school. Are you coming?]

She persuaded Naeun that she will go alone as she needs to clean this mess with her and Naeun agreed to it. Reaching Chorong’s home straight from school, her mother greeted Bomi and she was left with Chorong as the former needs to head to work. To be honest, Bomi admired how Mrs. Park can be so stron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter