Decision

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi POV

 

My worried eyes were glued to that body who appeared almost lifeless. The medical team were all in hand providing assisted breathing, checking her pulse and all sorts of emergency measures to keep her stable.

 

I heard the loud siren from inside of the ambulance, but my heart was beating even thunderous than that and I didn’t even bother to wipe my own tears which already soaking wet on my cheeks. I kept my both hands on my lap and locked them together at the fingers as they quivered a lot from the start.

 

The ride to the hospital took forever for me and fear made my heart to continue praying and pleading.

 

~Dear God, you may take anything from me but please not her. I beg you. I beg you this much~

 

‘I’m sorry Unnie. It was my fault. I should be there’

 

I kept replaying the same thing over and over inside my head ever since she was brought into the emergency room.

 

Sitting on the blue chair, I had my head hung very low up to the point that my pool of tears that formed at the corner of my eyes just dropped straight onto my lap. Meanwhile my fingers were clenching hard on the seat because of the pain inside my chest began to mount and little by little it started suffocating my own breath.

 

I created my own world full of guilt as I realized that I broke my promise and so my sobbing was getting louder every time I pictured her lying down unconscious on the floor at the side of my bed that morning when I came back home after went out for awhile.

 

Promise number one: I’ll always be there for you whenever you need me.

 

Then suddenly, I felt a hand touched my left shoulder. I lifted my head and there, Mrs. Park stood still with a tinge of tears I noticed on her eyes.

 

Hastily, I took off from my seat and embraced her with my hands were wrapping so tight on her waist. The sting inside my chest was reaching the peak at the moment and subconsciously I continued spilling my tears on her shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry Eomma. I shouldn’t leave her alone, but I did. It is my entire fault,” my voice cracked as I tried to explain to Mrs. Park.

 

However I couldn’t bear the jumble of my guilt and fear which then I ended up dropping on my knees in front of her while tears kept flowing down following my consent hoping that it would exterminate the mass of guiltiness bounded inside my heart.

 

“No, don’t say that. It is not your fault or anyone’s fault. Things happen. We all know that this is inevitable,” Mrs. Park pulled me up and led me to the chair behind. She took her seat beside me.

 

She grabbed my hand softly before continued.

 

“If someone has to take the blame, it ought to be me. She is my daughter and I’m supposed to save her from her pain and misery but I don’t have the power to make her feel better. Believe me, there is no mother in the world who want her child to live her life like that and I wish the same but…,” she started tearing and that was my first time seeing her like that.

 

 I’ve been knocked back into my sense at hearing her words. That’s it. No, I cannot be like this. I promised her to stay strong and I didn’t want to break another promise that day.

 

The fear of losing Chorong unnie was haunting me in each of my breath. Thus, to keep the faith and be strong were essential so that she would never falter about me or my feeling.

 

Promise number two: Remember, if I ever feel tired to stay on your side, you have a very important battle ahead and with that I will always stay strong for you.

 

 I quickly captured Mrs. Park’s hand and gave it a slight squeeze.

 

“No, Eomma, it is not your fault either. Fate has the guts to put Chorong unnie and you in this position because it knows that both of you are capable to face this. I do love her so much, therefore I will always be with you. Let’s fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter