Now It Ends with Pain

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV

The fate was playing at his best in order to test the strength of their love. It felt so cruel to send both of them into a pathway where they aught to choose between life and death. That could be too much. Their hearts might not be well prepared for the greatest blow.

Why it was so hard to love someone full-heartedly? Why must they endured this much of suffering?

Love can be cruel, love can be pain,
But why wouldn't you risk it all when love is all you got.
It might worth it.

"Eunji unnie, how is she?" A soft tap  on Eunji's shoulder by Naeun drove her back into reality. She lifted her head to meet a warm gaze from the younger. It soothed her feeling a bit in that devastating situation.

"She's still inside. The nurse did informed me just now that her condition is quite serious. That's all I know for now." She heaved a deep sigh with the feels of uneasiness started to break her strong heart.

 Naeun keenly took a sit beside. She was buffled as well, didn't know which question should she ask first. There was something that bothered her, but she knew it wasn't a correct time for that, yet.

"Naeun, you should be with Chorong unnie's mom. She need you there. I can handle it here." Eunji faked a smile which was easily noticeable by the concerned eyes of Naeun. Her heart sink at the sight. But she wouldn't go further about that.

" I'm checking you here for a while and I'll go back soon. Sure you're okay?" Naeun reached out for Eunji's cold hand, trying to send at least a good comfort to her crush.

"I'm good, really," Eunji forced a smile again though she realized that it wasn't convincing enough. But that was all she could ever try, which was to remain strong in this.

" If then, I'll go. But let me know once Bomi unnie is out, okay?" Naeun loosen her grip with silent unwillingness. Both Chorong and Eunji were matters in her life, but Chorong need her the most. She stood up after taking a last glance at Eunji and started to walk away but then she felt her wrist being held. It was Eunji who already stood up from her chair.

" Naeun. Again, please keep this between us for now." She pleaded and Naeun just nodded at her request.

A moment later, Naeun took a few steps away but then she suddenly stopped and turned around again, unhesitatingly walked back towards Eunji. It confused the elder. Her lips was about to utter something but she was startled by Naeun's swift warm embrace.

"Eunji unnie, whatever it is, I'm always here for you. Remember that." Naeun whispered near to Eunji's ear, at the same time she tightened her arms around the elder's shoulder.

Eunji froze. Her heart was pacing at tremendous speed. She couldn't fully process the moment. Nevertheless, Naeun already lost from her sight only when she finally got back into her sense.

 


Eunji's POV

'She has a few blunt trauma on her head and that what makes her condition quite unstable at this moment. Apart from that, other injuries are only superficial except for 2 cracked ribs. We did what we could to bring her out of danger but we couldn't tell for sure until she wake up.  And we already informed the police department since it may look like an assault or robbery attempt that went wrong'

I watched my best friend lying down on the bed , unconscious. Knowing the fact that I might lose her frightened me so much. With that, I clasped on Bomi's cold right hand tighter.

'Please be strong Bomi. I need you, Chorong unnie needs you. We all need you here'

I spoke in such a restful low tone, just to let my own heart hear it and hoping that Bomi could too.

I locked my gaze towards Bomi's wounds and there were bruises almost everywhere. It seemed too much and painful. Her smooth milky white face had been tainted with a few cuts of different lengths.

" What actually happened Bomi? Who could've done this badly to you? Don't tell me it was because of him," I queried again, but only in my own mind as I carefully inspected at each of those awful marks.

My phone buzzed inside my blue jeans' pocket. I retracted my hands from Bomi's and answered to it.

"Dae Naeun-ah. Is everything okay? Why are you crying?Naeun-ah..."

"Cho-Chorong unnie...they told us that she has complication halfway during the procedure. Can you come back here, Unnie?"

"What? Okay, stop crying Naeun-ah. I'm coming now. Bomi is still hasn't wake up. So I think it's fine to leave her for a little while. I'll be there in a moment."

As I hung up, I took one last glance at Bomi and painstakingly run my fingers on her partly bandaged head.

"Bomi, Chorong Unnie need me there. I'll come back later. I promise." I said with heavy heart then running out to find my way towards the lift and going up to level where Chorong unnie's surgical room was located.

 

Author's POV

"Naeun-ah..." Eunji called her name softy. Naeun quickly stood up to place another embrace on Eunji's shoulder. She was weak, her face was contoured with only deep mess and daunted.

Eunji replied the hug that time as she knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter