Silent Farewell

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Author’s POV

Both of them were sitting on the same bench, feeling the existence of each other while looking at the crystal clear water that filling the lake. But, unlike her previous dreams, Bomi wasn’t presenting her brightest smile and just sat there quietly, though they were still holding hands. The silence was absolute that they could hear the wind blow, brushing their face in the gentlest manner.

 

“Bomm-ah, I don’t want to wake up from this dream. Can we just stay like this forever?” Chorong spoke what she had in her mind. She turned her head to seek for answer from the love of her life.

 

“I want it too, but dream is not the world we should live in no matter how good the dream is, the reality is what we ought to face regardless it’s not as beautiful as the dream” Without looking back at the elder, she answer that in monotone. Chorong was a little shocked and wished she has heard different answer from Bomi.

 

“Then let’s turn this dream into reality. The idea of two of us being together forever, I want to make it come true,” Chorong said, half pleaded. Her clutch onto Bomi’s finger was tightened like no single particle could ever pass through them. She did that because she was a little terrified with Bomi’s words just then.

 

Again, Bomi turned mute. Not just that, Chorong felt like the grip of her hands was getting loose. She looked down and slowly the hand that she hold so tight before was fading bit by bit. Terrified, she immediately lifted up her head and to find similar thing happening to her body, her face.
“Bomi-ah, w…hat is happening? Where are you going?” She already couldn’t control her fear and tears altogether. She tried to reach the nearly translucent figure in front of her, but to no avail.

 

Meanwhile Bomi was calm, as if she knew that it would end like this.

 

“Chorong unnie, I’m sorry I have to go,”No goodbye, no fare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter