Left Me

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun's POV

11.15am

Almost one hour had passed, but Eunji Unnie was nowhere to be seen. She called for multiple times, yet it went straight into voicemail. That was kinda unlikely for her.

"Where are you, Unnie? Is there something going on over there?" Those questions kept lingering inside my head. Chorong unnie just came out of the surgical theatre 15 minutes ago and I was acompanying Mrs. Park, sitting in the ward waiting for Chorong unnie to regain her consciousness, not until the morphine effect to wear off.

My hands kept fidgeting with my phone meanwhile i tried my best not to show my anxiousness in front of the elder. She had enough to worry about. So I thought I must figure out on my own regarding Eunji and Bomi as well. Both girls owe me a lot of explaination.

Once again, I slide open my phone and sent another text to Eunji, hoping that she would finally reply to that.

Silence...

'I need to find her', I thought.

"Eomoni, excuse me for a while. I have to go out," I pleaded before doing a slight bow in front of her and she weakly nodded.

I rushed along the hallway to where Bomi's ward with the hope that I could find them.

As I almost reached the room, I saw someone I always recognised, sitting down at the corner of the corridor while her head was looking down blankly onto the white floor.

The urge to run as fast as I could towards her came to me in speed of light and so I did.

As I stood close to Eunji unnie, I could hear her soft sob. I couldn't see her face very clearly but her cries was enough to make my heart sink.

"Unnie, why are you sitting here? Is there something happened? How is Bomi unnie?" Slowly, I touched her shoulder. She raised her head to meet my eyes. Hers were swollen and drenched in tears. She looked devastated.

Seeing her like a lost child, I briskly kneeled down and wrapped her into my embrace. Her sobbing soar even more. Hence, I chose to hug her tighter than ever.

My head was trying to digest what could possibly happened. I had so many questions about what made this strong Jung Eunji shed her tears so much.

Between her sobbing, I heard Unnie was muttering something that I never expect to happen.

"Bomi has left. She left. Her father took her and I could never see her ever again," She said with her head down, perhaps to avoid the contact with my eyes. I felt her arms loosen around me a little.

" W-what do you mean? How is this possibly happened? Why would her father took him?" I look at her on the face, looking for the truth underneath those mess.

"Let's talk someplace better and I'll tell you everything," Unnie slowly stood up with a little help from me and then she put my fingers within her clutch. She brought me to the very familiar spot, the hostpital's garden.

We sit on the wooden bence under the tree, she started her story with a deep, depressing exhale and I listened to every bit of it with my mouth went agape.

...

" I'm so sorry I keep it a secret from you, about Bomi's sacrifes for Chrong Unnie. I had to respect Bomi's request. But I never expect she left too soon. She didn't tell me the part that her father will take her once Unnie had her surgery done. I'm not ready for that and I don't know how to tell the truth to Chorong unnie." Eunji unnie explained. There was a ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter