The Only Way

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

 

Destiny partly brought her back to this park, the same spot where Bomi was hoping that love would finally be on her side, she lost the battle that time. But all the despair was long gone now after Chorong accepted her true love.

 

True love always win. Is it true?

No, it is not 

But it will always find its own way.

 

She was sitting on a steel bench under a shaded tree, drowning in her own deep thought. The promises she made now turning into missions in her life. This might be the only way, but then again she was determined to use whatever the choice is available.

"Miss Yoon," a tall man in a black suit with familiar voice was standing behind Bomi. As she turned her head around, she cannot help but smiled genuinely.

"Uncle Kim, it's been a while. I miss you," Bomi stood up and jumped to hug him.

"I miss you too. How are you?" He sat with Bomi, side to side.

"Well, still survive so far," Bomi gave a slight smile. She couldn't think of better answer for that.

Bomi continued after a round of silence.

"How’s business?"That question slipped out from .

"It’s going well, President Yoon really works hard this time around," he answered in an awkward tenor because he knew Bomi would feel uncomfortable at the mention of that man.

"That means he works even harder for the 'other' business as well, right? Wait, don’t answer that. I don’t want to know," Bomi smirked. She really hates knowing the fact that she was somewhat bounded in that grubby matter.

That man lowered his head and avoid the gaze of that young girl. He fully understood Bomi since she practically grew up under his care and guide. Kim Jumyeong or Uncle Kim was more like a second father to Bomi. Most importantly, he was the right hand man of President Yoon in his business empire both legal and the 'underworld'.

“Let’s get back to our business, shall we?” Bomi asked in order to get rid of the sudden thought about that damn dark covert of her family out of her head.

“Everything you need is here. Good news is she has a big chance to survive if she proceeds with the surgery. But it  should be done as fast as possible before her condition deteriorate and everything may get even more risky.” Jumyeong passed her a yellow envelope.

“My God, really? Thanks a lot Uncle. This is more than enough for me. I owe you big time.” Only God knows how extremely contenting Bomi was when hearing that.

“Always been my pleasure. So, who is this particular Park Chorong? Is she someone special to you?” Jumyeong seems interested in that and stared at Bomi, slightly teasing her.

“Yes, she is. Let’s just say that she is my life now.” Bomi smiled again.

“Wow, I didn’t expect that. I guess you’ve grown up now Miss Yoon,” Jumyeong patted Bomi’s head like he always did every time Bomi accomplished the tasks she was given since she was a kid. She deserved that much of touch and care as her father never offer anything like that, not in any way.

He continued.

“But how are you going to carry on with this plan? This is not easy thing to do,” Jumyeong asked in confusion.

“Arrange me a meeting with Appa,” Bomi looked away, exhaling her breath slowly.

She had no choice. To meet up the man once more was the very least in her wish since the day she made her decision to leave everything behind and start living her own life because she had enough of those lunacy in her family, specifically from her father . There were chances she might be dragged aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter