Even Just a Friend

5 Promises to My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV


She was here again. It was the same dream. She recognized the place and similar breeze that she felt. It was a big green field covered with nothing but grass. The sky was so blue and the clouds were fluffy like clumps of massive white colored cotton candy. Meanwhile the sunlight was bright but gently touched her smooth milky face which more than enough to enlighten her beauty.  The girl with long dark hair stood on the ground bare footed and so the softness of the grass was united with her feet. It felt so cold yet so calming. God knows how much she loves this dream.

 

She started walking around the endless grass field like she always did in previous dreams. But now, it seems like her dream was brought to another phase as she reached towards the end of the field and there, she saw a lake. It was such a breathtaking view as she looked down on the water, it was so clear that she could almost see everything that lives underneath. There was a long wooden pier at the lake side. Just then, her gaze fell on a glimpse of a girl with long hair was sitting on a wooden chair near the edge of the pier, facing the lake. She was curious as she never experience dream like this. Slowly she made her pace across the pier, but as she got nearer, a strong white light suddenly shoot on her face and her vision became blur. She lost everything in her sight, turned into all white and bright.

 

But then, she started wondering. The girl in her dream, who was she?

 

Chorong POV


I opened my eyes very slowly trying to adjust with the light. While I’m trying to recalculate my brain, a voice called my name softy. I slightly turned my head to source of the voice.


“Chorong unni, Thank God you’re awake now. I saw her at the corner of the room and started running towards me. I couldn’t believe my eyes. That was Yoon Bomi. What she was doing here? Did she know now? What should I do? All sort of questions attacked me at once and that left me speechless.


Then, it was her turn to shoot me with questions,” Unni, are you okay? Do you need me to call a doctor now? What should I do?” She looked anxious. It took some time for me to be knocked back to my sense.


“I’m okay, just a little dizzy. I answered softy.


Next thing was a silent moment between us for a while, added with awkwardness at once. With little strength I had, I spoke up. “Yoon Bomi, since you are here, I guess you know everything about me now so…” Bomi cut me off before I could finish.


“Umm Unni, before you say anything, I would like ask if you want to be my friend” she suddenly said. That was really unexpected from her so once more, I was dumbfounded. Friend? But what about the thing she confessed that day? I was confused.


So I asked her back, “But that day you said you love…”For one more time she stopped me.


“Unni, let’s stop talking about that or anything I did before this. I don’t have any other wish. I just need friendship from you more than anything.” She said with smile plastered on her face. But why did I felt a little upset here? I shrugged it off very quickly.


“Yes, of course” I answered, also flashing a smile.


Before we could talk any further, Naeun came into the room and she was with a girl. I think I saw her before.


Hi Unni. How are you today? And this is Eunji unni, best friend of Bomi unni. Nauen said, moving closer to me and hold my hand. Yes, I saw her few times in school as she was always together with Bomi.


“I’m fine. Uh hi Eunji-ssi,” I smiled to her and she grinned back. Oh my, her eye smile was stunning, but I think Bomi’s was better. Wait, what did I just think?


Eunji replied,” the formality is a bit awkward here. Just call me Eunji, please.”


Then Bomi spoke with a little confusion, “I just noticed. Naeun-ssi, you just call me and Eunji, unni?”


“Yes, Eunji unni want me to call you that when we had our conversation outside just now.” Naeun said with a big smile. That was quite odd for Naeun that I knew since she doesn’t get along with people so easily. I’ll get back to that later with her.


“So I shall announce four of us are friends now. Is there any objection from members of the floor?”Naeun joked.


All of us shook our head in unison.

Naeun POV


Eunji and Bomi unni already went home although Bomi unni insisted want to stay longer at first, but Chorong unni managed to persuade her not to do so. I de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter