Eight~

The person I love....Is you!? [HIATUS]

*Kyuhyun's POV*

'What are we going to do!?' Haewon said. She was looking at me, a desperate look in her eyes. I frowned and dug my phone out of my pocket. I dialled and waited for an answer.

'Hello?'

'Henry? It's me'

'Kyu! Are you ok?'

'Yeah, we're fine, we're just....stuck'

'We? Who's we? Oh, never mind....' he said cheekily.

'Shut up Henry' I snapped. 'We're-'

Beep.

Horrified, I pulled my phone away from my ear and stared at the 'no battery' symbol. I looked at Haewon, who was shaking her head.

'My phone's dead too' she said. I slapped my forhead. What are the chances?

'I guess we'll just have to stay here until the morning' I said sheepisly. Her eyes filled with dread.

'There's nothing else we can do?' she cried. I shook my head. Looking around, I could see an overhang on one side of the door. I motioned for her to follow me. 'We'll have to sleep under here' I said. She sighed, sitting down under it. I sat down next to her. She looked very distressed. I frowned. 'Are you alright?' I asked. She hugged her knees. 'I'm scared of heights' she whispered. I put my hand on her shoulder. 'Don't worry, we're nowhere near the edge, we're safe up here' I replied, hoping I was helping. She looked up and smiled at me. 'Thanks.'

 

*Haewon's POV*

I shivered as the air grew colder and the sky began to darken. I couldn't believe that I was stuck on the roof of a building, with no way of getting down. Moreover, I couldn't believe I was stuck with Kyuhyun. Although, come to think of it, it was nice to have somebody there, especially a guy. You feel safer with a guy for some reason-I suppose it's because they can protect you. 'Um...Kyuhyun?' I said suddenly, without thinking. He looked at me.

'Yes?'

'I'm sorry....for how I acted before' I murmured. I hadn't planned on apologizing, but I was hoping that it would make it less awkward. After all, I was going to be stuck here for a while. 'I'm sorry too' he replied. I smiled, and he smiled back at me. 'I suppose he's not so bad after all' I thought. The sky was now a dusky shade of grey-blue, and the lights of the city were beginning to come on. I shivered again-it seemed as though the temperature had dropped a lot in the past few minutes. 'Are you cold?' Kyuhyun asked me. I nodded. 'Then have my jacket' he added. I shook my head.

'No! Then you'll freeze' I replied. He laughed.

'Then there's only one thing for it' he said, slipping his arm out of the sleeve of his jacket and holding it out towards me. I blushed and slid closer to him. He wrapped his arm and jacket around my shoulders. I sat there for a minute. I wasn't cold anymore, I felt warm and safe. The sky was now a deep purply-blue, with a small strip of red running along the horizon. The lights of the city twinkled below and the air was frosty. I looked up at Kyuhyun and I could see a stream of breath as he exhaled. He looked down and smiled at me. I smiled back, and at that point, a single thought popped into my head:

I think I'm in love with him.

I studied his face for a moment; he looked exactly the same as when I first met him. It seemed as though, although on the surface I hated him, deep down I had actually liked him all along.

 

I blushed as he gently swept my hair away from my face. Our faces were only inches apart now. He leaned in and kissed me briefly. As he pulled away, I looked at him for a second. Then, in a rare moment of courage, I put my hands on his face and kissed him again. He wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me in. The kiss intensified and I slid my fingers around the back of his head, intertwining them in his hair. I leaned back, until I found my back against the ground, still kissing him, with his hands on either side of me. (a/n: Not rated!! They're not having or anything ><) My heart was beating so fast I thought it would explode, and my adrenaline levels had rocketed. And then suddenly, we just stopped.

 

*Kyuhyun's POV*

I blushed furiously as I sat up again, touching my hand to my mouth. I didn't dare to even look at Haewon. 'What did I just do?' I thought to myself. 'Why did I...why did I just kiss her like that?' I felt so guilty, and I didn't even know why. 'Are you okay?' she asked me. I nodded briskly, before standing up and walking to the edge of the rooftop. I took a deep breath of air, trying to clear my head. I heard footsteps behind me, and I turned to see Haewon standing behind me, a worried frown creasing her face...her beautiful face. 'Don't jump' she whispered.

'I'm not going to' I chuckled. Her expression was unreadable.

'Have I done something? I-I'm sorry, but just now, I-'

I strode up to her and put my hands on her face. 'Don't be sorry' I whispered, pressing my forehead against hers. 'I'm sorry, I'm just a little.....shocked.' She wrapped her arms round me, and I felt like crying. I love her. Why do I feel so guilty?