Thirteen~

The person I love....Is you!? [HIATUS]
*Kyuhyun's POV*

I tugged self-consciously at my tux jacket as I waited for Haewon outside the side entrance to the school. My emotions were a muddle-a huge mush of excitement, curiosity and anticipation. Eventually, a taxi pulled up, and my stomach flip-flopped as I saw a smart black high-heel step out onto the pavement. I was speechless when I saw Haewon emerge from the car. Her hair was tousled into a waterfall that fell down one side of her neck; the dress fitted her perfectly and glowed in the evening light; her face glowed and her nails were neat and painted black. She smiled self-consciously when she saw me. I couldn't resist; I ran up and embraced her, grinning broadly. 'You look beautiful' I whispered into her ear. She chuckled softly as she pulled away, tracing her finger up the lapel of my jacket. 'You don't look so bad yourself!' she quipped. I smirked, taking her and leading her gently towards the door. 'Come on. Let's go inside.'

*Haewon's POV*

I gaped as we entered the sports hall. Swaths of colourful fabric hung from the walls, and the lights were low and sparkly. Clusters of people were strewn across the hall, talking, dancing, and eating. I felt a surge of butterflies as everyone turned to look at us. Some girls in particular, were making me feel uncomfortable. Kyu sensed this, and placed his hand on my back. 'Come on, I can see Henry, let's go down there' he murmured. 'It's not as scary once you're in there.' He lead me through the throngs of people to where Henry was sitting in a slick navy tux. 'Hey' he said, smiling at us. I felt embarrassed again, and Kyu pulled me closer to him. 'You here with anyone?' I asked him. He chuckled, looking at the floor. 'Nah, not me' he said quietly. 'Hey, the music is starting' he said, changing the topic and brightening up. 'Let's dance!' Kyu said, dragging me onto the dancefloor. We swayed to the slower songs, blissfully unaware of our surroundings. After a while, Henry sidled up and tapped Kyu on the shoulder. 'May I have this dance?' he asked in a falsetto, bowing flamboyantly. Kyu responded by grabbing him and swinging him round. They spun around in a mock slow dance, pulling faces at me as they passed. I burst out laughing, enjoying their silliness. 'Hey, I'm going to go to the toilet, be back in a minute' I murmured, giving Kyu a kiss on the cheek. 'Ok' he said, 'I'll get some drinks for when you get back!'

The hallways seemed deathly quiet after the hustle and bustle of the ball. I took the pathway out of the block to the toilets. The air was dusky and mild, and lights marked out the pathway. There was a small group of girls to the side of me, and they unnerved me as their gazes followed me down the path. I heard footsteps, and voices behind me.

'Hey, isn't that-?'

'Yeah, that's her, that's Kyuhyun's little-'

'I don't see what he sees in her!'

I was beginning to feel intimidated, and walked faster. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I was spun round, disorientated. 'So how'd you do it?' one of the voices said. I frowned. 'U-um...What do you mean?' I stammered. 'Oh come on! I mean, look at you, you're hardly what an idol would go for are you?' another voice scoffed.

'I-I don't understand-'

I had no time to finish my sentence before everything went black.