Hot Summer

Project Love

Jackson's p.o.v

I stood in front of him. The guy that had broke Krystal's heart so long ago, the one to make her feel like nothing for all those years, the one to keep her locked up from the world, from me. 

I despised him.  

"Hey Soojung", the other guy smiled nervously scratching the back of his neck. 

She laughed at him with a playful smile. I'm glad to see that she has slowly opened up to a few people.

"So... where did you get those guns?" he questioned, attempting to back away in the process. 

"In Chanyeol's room", she answered. 

"I told that idiot to hide it away", he hissed under his breath. 

She chuckled at his response. 

Their eyes met again, but this time she was as serious as ever. 

I gave her a wave of my wrist as a signal before we bombarded the guys with water. The water balloons flew through the air, making a large splash once they hit the target. The boys held there hands up in defeat when we finished the job by spraying them down with freezing water. 

I laughed at their expression as they squirmed and curled up on the floor, begging for mercy. 

Krystal came over and I gave her a high five, keeping a grasp on our hands. 

"Up for the next heist?"

"Always". 

I placed an arm over her shoulder bringing her closer to me as I whispered the plan into her ears.

"Got it?" I asked finally. 

She nodded in response with a thumbs up. 

I turned around to see the most priceless expression on Kai's face. I ended our encounter with a smirk before running off to Krystal who was now carrying out the plan. 

She ran over to the girls and untied them.

I laughed to myself at the sight, the other group involved in this actually tied them up like they were prisoners.

I watched as a small girl grabbed her wrist whining in the process, once she was set free. 

"Aish. Those dumb guys, using so much force", she hissed, caressing her wrists. 

I guess that one would be Luna.

"Yahhh. Soojung!", she yelled once she spotted me. 

I flashed her a smile. 

Krystal turned to see what Luna was so alarmed about. 

She laughed at the petite girl's expression. 

She introduced us briefly, not even making eye contact, her focus all on untying the others. This was war.

"Luna this is Jackson", she spoke with her back turned. 

"Hello", she managed in English.

"Soojung has told us so much about you", she continued, trying to speak as clear as possible.

"That's great", I answered in Korean. 

She let out a sigh of relief, placing a hand on her chest.

"I thought I would have to speak English the entire time you were here", she giggled. 

She was cute and cheery, just like Krystal had described. 

She came over to offer a hand shake. 

I took it graciously. 

"Ok all done", Krystal announced with a clap. 

The rest of the girl stood staring at me. It was strange to have the attention of this many girls at once. 

Krystal walked towards me and grabbed my arm pulling me to the other girls. 

"Guys, this is Jackson", she introduced.

I could sense she was truly happy to introduce me. It made me feel good that I was doing my job as her best friend. 

I smiled with a slight wave of the water gun. 

They smiled back.

"Ok! let's get down to business", Krystal announced. 

She bent down onto the sand motioning for us to do the same. 

"So this is the plan".

I watched her as she explained the plan directly to the girls, using the sand as a map and drawing out the positions everyone would be taking and where the enemies were located. It amazed me sometimes how she seemed to light up when she talked, and always brushed her hair behind her ear. 

"Got it?" she finished in English. 

"Got it?", I added in Chinese. 

We both glanced at each other an eruption of laughter exiting our mouths. 

They looked confused but nodded in reply. 

I dragged the sand covered bag from my side in front of me and started handing the equipment out to each of them. I handed a water gun to both Luna and Sulli, leaving the water balloons in Victoria's care. 

We got up, each walking to our positions, nonchalantly getting into place.

I was positioned just before where the guys were standing. Krystal was positioned further back behind me. I began my mission, walking towards the group slowly in an attempt to go unnoticed. I got up to a few meters before one of the guys spotted me. They had no idea what to do, unsure as to what I was doing there with two water guns in my grasp pointed at them. 

I gave them a sly grin before attacking and running behind the rock where Luna and Sulli were stationed. 

They followed just as planned and were welcomed with freezing cold water. Sulli was ruthless taking them all out till they lay on the ground defenseless and weaponless. 

Two out of two. Now we were after the girl I believe name was Amber and Baekhyun, but that was Krystal and Victoria's job. 

I stared down at the guys, both the ones that lay beside me and the ones further down the beach. I watched as Krystal carried out her part of the mission. She snuck up to the guys who went to check up on the girls, attacking from the front while Victoria got them from the back. 

We cheered once both Amber and the other guy had collapsed on the sand.

The females made their way to us and I gave Krystal a hug as she me approached. 

The girls all gasped.

I released her, patting the top of her head instead.

She fixed her hair giving me a look. 

"It's really great to see the famous Jackson that Krystal tells us so much about", Sulli grinned.

I took a good look at her, and realized she was indeed beautiful, in fact. All of them were.  

"I hope you've been taking good care of my Krystal", I smiled. 

I glanced at Krystal, who was giving me a glare as if to say 'I am not a baby'. 

I laughed hugging her head as if to ask for forgiveness. 

I turned back at the girls who just stood there smiling as they examined us. 

"I think it's time to wake up the losers, and head back home", Luna proposed.

I looked around the beach to see the opposite team still collapsed on the sand. 

-_-

It was cool to find out that the guys were actually cool. They were easy to be with, well everyone except Kai who seemed to keep his distance. 

I sat on the floor of the living room, playing one of the video games I brought from the states with Krystal. 

It seemed she still hadn't lost her touch. I sneered at the giant flat screen t.v, examining the scores displayed. Krystal laughing at my side. 

"I would have thought you would have practiced more in the time span I was gone", she grin taking a sip of the glass off water on the table.

I smacked her arm with a glare. 

"Aish! Jackson," she hissed moving to another couch. 

The sound of footsteps erased my sense of thought. 

The guys walked in taking a seat and filling up the couch. I continued on the floor.

"What game is that?", Suho asked. 

"Assassin's Creed", I answered, offering a controller. 

He grabbed it while moving onto to the floor to join me. 

"Suho, you better brace yourself. He doesn't take lose easily", she spoke, still caressing her arm. 

"Wow, so sure I'm going to lose. I'm hurt Krystal", I spoke faking a tear. 

"For sure". 

I stuck out my tongue at her. She rolled her eyes in response, causing the laughter of the other guys. 

"So how long have you known Soojung?" D.o. asked a dripping popsicle. 

"I think 5 years now", I explained looking at Krystal briefly for confirmation. 

She nodded in response. 

"Wow".

"How did you guys meet?", Baekhyun pestered. 

"It was during my first day at school. I was so scared and I really didn't want to know or speak to anyone", she began. 

"She was branded as the ice queen because of it", I laughed. 

She shot me a glare. 

"It was just cause of this idiot who kept annoying me. I didn't know what to do. He just kept asking dumb questions, like things ignorant people ask. Like why are your eyes so small? Can you see? Are you Chinese? Help me with math? ", she explained, annoyance evident in her face as she remembered the harassment most Asian kids went through in highschool. 

"And what did you do?", Chanyeol asked, finally interested in the conversation. 

"I ignored him, what else?", She answered. 

"She did more than ignore the kid", I explained, ignoring the death glare she was giving me. 

"She gave him the scare of his life", I laughed remembering the moment.

"What did she do?", Baekhyun asked eagerly.

I opened my mouth to speak when I found a hand cover my mouth. I looked up to see Krystal, then looked back at where she was sitting before. She really was like a ninja. 

"That's a story for another day", she smiled, taking a seat beside me to keep me in check. 

 lt was cute of her to think she could scare me.

-_-

"Well, I think I really should be heading to bed now", I yawned after playing a few games with most of the guys. 

I grabbed Krystal's arm in the process, pulling her to face me. 

She groaned, annoyed at the sudden disturbance of her sleep.  

"What room are you staying in again?" Chanyeol asked, his eyes not leaving the t.v in front of him. 

"Krystal's", I spoke, earning the uneasy stare of the guys. 

"I don't think that's a very good idea", Baekhyun explained. 

"What's wrong with it?" I asked raising a brow. 

"Well, I don't know how it is in the states but here it's not a good idea for a girl and boy to share a room together", D.o. answered. 

"Nothing will happen. We're too close for anything like that", I explained, realizing what they were thinking could happen.

"But a couple really shouldn't be sharing a room together", Suho spoke this time. 

"Couple?" I asked.

"Who?"

He pointed to Krystal then at me. I looked at everyone else who had on the same expression. 

I chuckled at their thought. They thought Krystal and I were dating.

"What's so funny?", Suho questioned. 

"I have a girlfriend", I explained.

"Yah we know. Soojung". 

"No, I mean back in the states".

They all gave me blank stares. 

"Krystal is not my girlfriend", I clarified. 

"We are just friends. I am a loyal man".

They gave me iffy stares as if to say they did not believe me. They were all trying to protect her.

Krystal really did find a bunch of good friends.

I managed before lifting the sleeping Krystal to our room. 

After bringing the sleeping beauty up the stairs. I placed her gently on the bed opposite mine. 

"Today, was fun. Thanks Krystal or Soojung as they call you", I chuckled kissing her forehead. 

I heard the sound of retreating footsteps from the hallway and went to investigate, but to no discovery. 

I returned back to the room, for some shut eye. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woweee. How was it. Kind of have nothing to say other this time except: Who's going to Kcon? Express your thoughts like always. How was the March break if you had it. Not wanting to go back to school tomorrow. 

-xoxo