Deja Vu

Project Love

Krystal's p.o.v

As we descended down the stairs all eyes laid on us. Everyone stopped to stare at Sehun and I. It was like the clip from Cinderella when Cinderella finally arrives at the ball, except I was already with the prince. I guess this resulted in me feeling alittle self conscious because I was looking down at my heels alot, careful not to fall down the steps. 

When we finally reached the ground, I caught a glimpse of the decorated room. There were cocktail tables placed here and there along with waiters walking around with trays full of snacks and drinks. There were many family pictures arranged along the walls and the marble floor was freshly polished. Everyone was dressed so elegantly.

Everything looked like a scene in a movie. Glancing around I noticed a couple of Sehun's friends that I had met before and a few others I didn't know that they were around my age. 

"My mother's coming," he warned in a low whisper. 

My body instantly stiffened. He grabbed my arm shaking me alittle.

"Don't be so stiff, just let me do all the talking", he whispered with assurance.

I nodded in response. If he was going to take care of it all, all I needed to do was smile and look pretty.

I watched as the tall beauty strolled gracefully towards us, her face holding the most unpleasant look. 

A nervous smile crept onto my face.

I took a few deep breaths. Soojung just relax. 

"Sehun! What is the meaning of this? After I told you about Jiyeon", she hissed silently, careful not to draw much attention to herself. 

"Mother, I think it's time I finally introduced someone very special to me", he smiled, looking deep into my eyes then at his mother.

His arm found it's way around my waist as he slowly guided me to move forward.

"This is Soojung", he introduced.

I was still in the midst of figuring out what to do. I gave him a worried look. What happened to him doing all the talking?

He gave me a look back as if saying 'say anything stupid and your dead'. There's the Sehun I knew. 

I turned to face the female standing in front of me. 

I gave Sehun's mother a charming smile, the best I could muster at the moment. 

"Anyoung, I am Soojung', I spoke slowly and clearly, and was sure to smile at the end. 

"Mother, she's my girlfriend", he continued, patting my back. 

Good to know he approved of my introduction. A small smile crept on my face at his compliment. 

His mother gave me a short glance before turning away to look at her son. 

"Who is she? Do you even know her background? Parents? There is no way I can accept this", she spoke out in anger towards Sehun with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Mother, you know you aren't in charge of my life anymore", he defended with a tinge of anger in his voice.

I looked at him with surprised. I never would have guessed he had it in him. 

"Sehun, I let it go with that girl Irene, but that was because your father and I didn't think you were ready yet?"

"What do you mean wasn't ready?", he questioned. 

"I mean, at this age you should be looking for a wife and we thought it would be a perfect time for our companies to merge," she responded.

"At this age? I'm only 21", he answered hysterically. 

"Sehun, you've got to get your life together," she spoke completely relaxed. 

"Why am I your bargaining tool, I'm a person with feelings too," he spoke softly, it seemed as his eyes pleaded with his mother. 

"Sehun, Jiyeon has everything a guy can look for in a woman. She's beautiful, well trained, comes from a good family and loves you more than anything", she defended.

'Mother, Soojung has all those traits and more", he replied back.

I felt my lips cure into a smile.

"And she studied abroad for half her life", he added, one upping his mother.

He looked at me for support.

"Good evening Mrs. Oh, Thank you for inviting me to your party. I hope you are able to accept my feelings towards Sehun", I spoke in English. 

I watched to see a defeated woman and a smiling Sehun.

"Sehun, you know what your father will think", she explained.

I watched him as he caught a sense of retreat. He looked as if he were reluctant to even continue speaking to his mother. 

"I don't care, I will not marry someone I do not love," he spoke abruptly, anger filling his eyes again. 

Grabbing my hand in his he pulled me near him, and wrapped his arm around me in a protective manner. 

"Well I won't accept this relationship and you know your father won't either ", she finished pointing at me with a glare.

I watched as Sehun slowly letting our hands fall, ran a hand through his disheveled hair. 

"Are you ok?" I asked quietly.

After that talk with his mother, I didn't think it was the time for retorts.

"Gosh, why must she bring him up", he sneered frustratingly.

"Is your father that-" I started but eventually stopping myself after witnessing his angry distress.

"No, never mind". 

"Well the worst has yet to pass", he chuckled.

"Who? I mean besides your father".

"Have you met Jiyeon, there's no way she'll believe this, the least she'll think is that I hired you or something", he explained, grabbing a glass from the waiter's tray that had just stopped in front of us. 

"Could she really be that obsessed?" I questioned taking the wine glass he handed me.

He laughed at my question before turning serious in a flash. 

"Yes".

Suddenly we were approached by two nicely dressed young men, there was one at which I recognized but the other I was completely oblivious to.

Sehun's face lit up once the two guys arrived in front of us. 

The one standing nearest to me, winked at me before averting his gaze to face Sehun.

He was dressed in a black tux with his black hair teased up messily, whereas the other which I recognized wore a simple white button up with some black dress pants and his hair down. 

"So this is your mistress for the night", he asked, looking at me.

I gave him a confused look before turning to Sehun for verification. Mistress?

"Sorry, Soojung, this is Jimin. He likes to say stupid things," He introduced.

I gave him a slight bow. 

"And no, she isn't my mistress. She's my pretend girlfriend for the night," he corrected. 

"Same difference, Jimin answered with a laugh.

"And well you've already met Youngi, but not formally I guess," he spoke scratching the back of his head.

Another slight bow towards him.

I remembered meeting him the last night I was with here. I looked down a little embarrassed at my actions. 

"Good job at making the witch retreat", Jimin joked, patting my shoulder.

My eyes widened, my head suddenly turned to Sehun. 

"Is it ok for him to call her that?" I asked with a slight chuckle.

"Don't worry, she hates him anywasy. He always calls her that", he assured with a nod of his head.

"Where's Sulli?" Youngi interrupted. 

"Of course that's the only person you're looking for", he teased smacking Young's arm playfully. 

"No", he answered embarrassed. Punching him in the side.

I laughed silently at their friendship.

"Ok, I'm sorry," he gave in, grabbing his side.

"Gosh Youngi, that really hurt. You really can't take a joke", he sneered, still grabbing his side.

I couldn't contain my laughter anymore and it just come out. 

The 3 boys looked at me, laughing along with me.

Jimin pointed at the distance before speaking,

"There's your sleeping beauty, Youngi!" he shouted.

-_-

I walked over to the bar like area with Jimin to get drinks. 

"So, how long have you known that idiot", Jimin asked leaning against the counter. 

He seemed to be a fun person to be around.

"Not long actually. Believe it or not. We really aren't even close", I explained.

"There's no way, then why would he ask you to do this", he asked giving me 'why are you lying' look.

"Wait? Did he actually pay you?" he continued with eyes wide.

"Cause you know I need a date for my cousin's wedding next week," he chirped up. 

"No, nothing like that", I waved my hands in front of me laughing.

"I see," he answered a little down.

I could tell he still had some doubts in his mind.

We grabbed our drinks from the bar tender before we made our way to a cocktail table.

"Anyways, how long have you know Sehun for?" I asked.

"Uhh... since we were young, maybe 6. We grew up together", he finished taking a sip of his Margarita.

Wow, so Sehun had friends like this. Thinking back to what Sehun's mother said, I decided to ask about his father. 

"Do you know Sehun's father?"

"You mean Mr. Oh? Yah, he's a scary dude. Not someone I would even mess with", he finished pointing to an old man surrounded by a few other. 

He held a cold aura, that I could somehow feel from here.

"What about Jiyeon?" I asked carefully. 

"What can I say? I live with the crazy woman", he spoke sadly, nodding his head.

"Ahh, really!" I asked genuinely surprised. So he was the one Sulli would have married.

"She's known Sehun since we were like 8 but they just engaged a few years ago. She's obsessed, like she loves him too much, even though he doesn't like her".

"Wow, never would have thought she would become so clingy", I spoke out. 

He gave me questionable look.

"Do you know her?"

"Uhh... No, just what Sehun's told me about her", I finished. Damn, almost gave myself away.

He smiled at me, "You're an interesting girl, Soojung. No wonder Sehun likes you," he whispered taking another sip from his glass. 

"What," I responded not catching what he said. 

"Nothing," he smiled.

I got a text from Sehun instructing me to find him. 

I looked around the room in search of the blonde male. Finally spotting him I made my way over and stopped once I spotted a female by his side laughing as they talked to an elderly couple. 

Sehun spotted me and addressed me over, the old couple retreated elsewhere.

"Jiyeon have you met Soojung", he introduced placing an arm over my shoulder.

She stood in front of us, examining us. 

I gave him a short glance before he coughed in order to get my attention, then gave me a 'you better start talking' look.

I gave Jiyeon a kind smile. The one where you crooked your head to the side and your lips just curved up in the slightest way. 

Oh how I was going to enjoy this time of tormenting Jiyeon.

"How are you, Jiyeon," I asked kindly. 

She rolled her eyes at my act. 

"How could you think this girl is any better than me Sehun", she questioned with a laugh.

I felt my fist clench in anger. Even now she was still as rude as ever, but I had something she didn't; Sehun.

I made the action of grabbing Sehun's hand. 

He seemed to not expect it because he looked at me with a shocked expression. 

I watched Jiyeon's face turn bitter. 

"I've heard so much about you from Sehun," I nodded, smiling at her, extending my opposite hand for her to shake. 

She scoffed at me before rolling her eyes smacking my hand away.

Did she recognize me?

"How much did he pay you?" she asked abruptly with a glare.

"I don't understand", I asked tilting my head off to the side with a questionable look.

Her anger was starting to surface on the outside. I watched as her fists clenched and her face became red.

"Don't be dumb, Soojung", she squinted.

I turned to Sehun and gave him a questioning look. He played along with me and smiled at Jiyeon. This was actually fun.  

"What are you talking about Jiyeon? Why would I pay someone to date me, we both know I can get who ever I want with this face," he said matter of factly.

Jiyeon and I both gave him a look, before laughing.

"Oh Sehun, you're so funny," I laughed.

"What are you saying Soojung?" he asked grabbing my waist and pulling me to face him.

I froze shocked. 

"Say it again," he ordered with a smirk.

I couldn't speak, but the laughing had stopped. I felt my face turn red in result. 

He grabbed a glass from one of the waiters standing by and handed it to me, I took it keeping my face down and he couldn't seem to look at anything but my face. 

"You disgust me," Jiyeon glared with jealously. 

We both looked up at her, beforei smirked.

"I'm just going to use the restroom", I told Sehun tapping his chest lighting as I stared into his eyes. 

"Ok", he whispered grabbing my shoulders and bringing me towards him.

I unknowingly gave him a gentle peck on his check, covering my face in embarrassment as I headed to the restroom. 

I walked towards the restroom, fanning my face a few times to stop it from getting hotter than it already was.

Someone grabbed my arm. I turned noticing it was Jiyeon.  

I pulled my arm from her grasp bringing it over my chest.

"Long, time no see, huh. Soojung", she half smirked, half glared.

I smirked back, with a scoff.  

"Same to you".

"Seems you've been doing well all this time", she smiled, giving me a look up and down. 

"I guess I can't say the same for you", I answered with a chuckle.

Her face turned bitter.

"What are you doing with Sehun?" she questioned.

"I guess you could say I'm paying you back for a little game you played on me a few years ago", I continued with a smirk looking at the watch on my wrist before turning to face her.

"Don't think you've won," Jiyeon spoke through clenched teeth.

"I know I already have", I glared before flipping my hair behind me and walking past her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How was it? I just wanted to thank all of you for subscribing and reading. I know I take a long time to update and I'm really sorry about that, I kind of broke my laptop like so badly and I just recently got a new one, so I'll try to update more regularly if I can. Thank you for upvoting also. It really means alot. I really hope I can make this book more interesting. So much thanks. We're at 3720. Thank you for reading.

P.s. I'm going back to edit my story, some things may change but only little things, most of it will be the same. 

-xoxo