Beautiful Goodbye

Project Love

Krystal p.o.v

"Congratulations graduates of 2015. We made it!", yelled Mike, our year's valedictorian as he commemorated his final thoughts in his speech.
 
There was a loud round of applause along with cheering from the graduating class.
 
There were smiling faces all around, everyone was excited to finally be finished with high school.
 
I threw up my hat along with the other graduates and got up in search of Jackson. 
 
Jackson ran up behind me, engulfing me in his manly cologne.
 
"We're finally graduates", he whispered, with a deep grin.
 
I smiled, turning myself so I was facing him directly. 
 
"Yah, we are", I smiled hugging him back.
 
"We're finally through with high school", Elaine yelled with a smile running towards us. 
 
I smiled at her. She was one of the first people I opened up to when I came to America, apart from Jackson.
 
She was a sweet girl, who became even sweeter once she and jackson started dating. 
 
I gave her a hug.
 
"You can have your boyfriend back", I giggled, handing Jackson to her.
 
She smiled giving Jackson a peck on his cheek. 
 
I watched as he made the action of connecting his hands with her. She grinned laying her head on his shoulder.
 
"Aww.. You guys are so cuteeee", I gushed, with my hands clutched together.
 
I really wanted a relationship like that, but I found it hard talking to people, so they just label me as rude. Every since the incident, I guess I still had that fear of being tricked.
 
"I remember just last year we were the scared little kids just entering Highschool and you were the new transfer student", Elaine remarked eyeing me.
 
"Yah, the ice queen", I flipped my hair behind my shoulder with a laugh reflecting on the past.
 
"I remember Mike was the one who gave you that name when you ignored him on your first day", she laughed.
 
It was still an evident memory in my mind. I had just started high school in the states and this idiot thought it would be funny to tease the new 'asian girl'. Of course I could only understnad bits of what he said, and by now I was welll used to insults, so I just reacted how life had treated me, with no emotion whatsoever. 
 
"Well that name changed after she met me", Jackson remarked with his head held high.
 
I rolled my eyes.
 
It was a big change getting used to the American culture and the way they show affection. It would always surprised me when people greeted me with a hug or a kiss on the cheek, but now I've gotten used to it.
 
The language was a bit tricky to pick up but Jackson helped me through everything. It wasn't hard getting to know each other cause we were one of the few Asians in our grade. At first I was opposed at the idea of a guy being my friend or even anyone at all.
 
After the incident I thought that everyone that approached me was getting something out it or trying to get to me and before I knew it I had built a wall around myself. Jackson was persistent in helping me and I'm glad he was, because I never would have had such a great relationship with him.
 
"Hey guys lemme take a picture of you", I asked, grabbing Jackson's phone out of his hand.
 
"Hey", he yelled in protest, glaring at me.
 
I laughed at his attempt of being even remotely scary. 
 
"Aww you're such a cutie", Elaine teased slapping his cheeks.
 
"No, no, no you have to take a picture with your girlfriend. Come on look how pretty she looks", I added.
 
I centered the camera on his iPhone and snapped the picture of Elaine kissing Jackson. I watched as Jackson grinned like an idiot.
 
"Now it's your turn", Elanie said, pushing me towards Jackson. 
 
He wrapped his arm around my waist and I smiled.
 
I heard someone call my name, causing me to turn around. 
 
"Congratulations, Soojungie", Jessica cheered, squeezing me in her death grip. 
 
I laughed in her embrace, I laughed smacking her shoulder violently to release me.
 
My parents smiled at me while Jackson and Elaine chatted with each other.
 
I had everyone I needed and everything I needed. I had no plans on ever returning to Korea.
 
"Come on everyone! Today we feast!", Jackson yelled, earning a few hollers from the crowd of graduates.
 
-_-
 
I sat in the living room of our house in these leopard pajamas Jessica bought and forced me to wear. 
 
I felt small hands cover my eyes.
 
"What do you want Jessica?" I whined, annoyed that someone was interrupting Pirates of the Caribbean. 
 
Johnny Depp was actually my future husband. He just wasn't aware of it, yet.
 
"I have a surprise for you", she smiled with her white teeth.
 
I turned to glare at her.
 
"How can you interrupt Jonny Depp time", I whined.
 
"Oh, come on Soojung", she spoke rolling her eyes.
 
I looked down at her hands. In clutch was small nicely wrapped gift box.
 
"Awww, Jessica you really didn't have to get me anything", I pleaded.
 
"Wow, look how fast you change after seeing this", she scofted, slapping my shoulder.
 
I gave her a harsh glare, grabbing my shoulder.
 
 
She covered her attack with a cute smile.
 
"How could I not get my lovely sister a graduation present", she said coyly, folding her arm over her chest.
 
"It's only high school", I laughed, opening the box.
 
It was a beautiful diamond necklace. 
 
"Thank you so much Jessica, it's beautiful".
 
"It's from my new collection", she smiled, shoving me off the couch to make some room for herself. 
 
We glanced at each other while laughing at her actions.
 
Jessica, was studying fashion and finally released her line Blanc and Eclaire. 
 
I heard the front door unlock. Mom and dad must be back.
 
"Welcome home. Mom and dad", I greeted.
 
My mother was the first to embrace me. 
 
"Congratulations again", she cheered.
 
My father just smiled nervously beside her.
 
"I have great news for everyone", he announced, apprehensively not sure himself what to classify the new.
 
"What's the big news", I asked.
 
"Your father got promoted to be the CEO of Regional X incorporation ", mother blurted out.
 
"That's great news dad!" Jessica exclaimed, embracing our father.
 
"But it means we have to move", he spoke sadly.
 
"Where are we moving to? New York? Chicago? LA?" I asked, chewing a Doritos chip.
 
"Korea", he said, eyes closed, expectant of the outcome.
 
"Korea!", I yelled, with widened eyes almost spitting out my food.
 
"There's no way I'm ever going back there", I argued, crossing my arm over my chest.
 
-_-
 
I walked upstairs into Jackson's bedroom as soon as I arrived at Jackson's house.
 
Without knocking I opened the door, revealing a sleeping Jackson.
 
I walked towards his bed and hit him in his stomach.
 
"Ahhhh....", he yelled.
 
"Soojung, why are you disturbing me", he groaned in his husky morning voice.
 
He didn't know what that voice did to me or to any girl.
 
I looked at him, wondering how he would take the news.
 
"I'm moving... ", I spoke slowly.
 
"Oh, so you finally decided on the university you want attend. What is it, maybe we can apply together", he replied wiping his sleepy eyes. 
 
I took a seat on the couch in front of the TV across his bed.
 
"Yah I guess you could say that... It's Seoul University", I answered, not wanting to look at him.
 
"Where's that? Never heard of it".
 
"That's because it's in Korea", I spoke anxiously rubbing my hands together.
 
He made an o with his mouth.
 
"What do you mean? I thought you told me you had no plans on ever returning and I really don't think you should go back after everything that guy put you through," he explained, getting up from his bed.
 
"Yah, but my dad got promoted to be the CEO in some company and now he's shipping us all to Korea with him", I spoke playing with his video game controller.
 
Jackson shook his head in frustration.
 
"Why don't you stay with me. My mom loves you and she wouldn't mind the extra help", he beamed.
 
"Yah, a way for you to turn me into your live in maid, I don't think so".
 
"No seriously, you could just live with me",  he continued.
 
"And what would Elaine say", I countered.
 
He looked down at the carpet.
 
"She understands our relationship", he mumbled under his breath.
 
"I don't think she'd understand me living with you and anyway I already asked my father and he doesn't trust us together," I said biting my lip.
 
"Well, I'm gonna miss you", he walked over to hug me.
 
I hugged him back, fighting back tears.
 
"You too", I spoke sadly.
 
"While I am gone, you better treat Elaine right, and you better-".
 
"And you, better not find anyone, better than me", he interrupted with a smile, ruffling my hair.
 
"Who could ever replace my Jackson", I smiled back squeezing his cheeks.
 
"Hey, I'm not a kid", he whined. 
 
"You up for a game before you go? I've been practicing and I know I can win this time", he challenged.
 
Seems he's prepared to loose. He's never won against me. I'm the queen at this game.
 
"Yah, ok we'll see you loose again", I chuckled.
 
"Just wait and see baby", he smirked.
 
"But first you need to go and brush your teeth and take a bath cause you reek", I made a sour face before pushing him into the bathroom.
 
He laughed on his way there, before stopping abruptly.
 
"I'm really gonna miss you Krystal", he said sadly before entering the washroom.
 
He didn't know how much I would miss him too.
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Bonjour my fellow readers, I really don't know what write here. I hope you are liking my book, I'm trying my best to make it interesting but I also don't want everything to happen too quickly that's why everything is pretty slow right now. Please feel free to comment your thoughts on anything. I really love reading comments. If you want you could message me also on anything you wonder.
 
-xoxo