Chapter Five Part II

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

“Do you have any idea what you’ve done..? What do you think will happen? She’s a human! ... Why don’t you ever listen to me?”

“I wouldn’t have done it a second time it if you didn’t trigger her second death.”

“You knew she was going to die again anyway. I was only putting her out of her misery by giving her a quick death –– the pain that she wouldn’t feel if she had officially died.”

...

“See? You’re not responding to me anymore..” The voice paused for a moment, and a few footsteps could be heard, “You’re my little sister, and all I’m doing right now is caring for you, don’t you know?” She reached her hand out to touch the latter's cheek.

But a small slapping sound could be heard, “Don’t give me that kind of bull, Taeyeon. We’re not related by blood anyway. You wouldn’t even care if I died. You’re just after my power.”

Her voice sounded as if it was on the verge of breaking into tears, but still sounded firm and persistent.

“And there you have it.. My own little sister denies my great, sisterly love for her when I expressed it clearly. Why don’t you accept the fact that no one here in the world loves you anymore, but only me?

So just embrace the fact, Joohy –– "

“It’s Irene. Don’t call me that; you’re one of the last of people that I’d want to ever hear to call me by that name.”

At this, Taeyeon scoffs at the insult. She decides to bring up another topic, “What will you do? I’m talking about that girl."

To this, Irene doesn’t answer. She didn't even know what she was going to do with Seulgi. What did she was an irreversible course of action. But even if she knew what she was going to do, she doesn’t plan on letting Taeyeon know whatever she’s thinking about.

“Remember my warning. She’s a human. The more that you keep doing what you’ve been doing, the more dangerous it’s going to get for her. She’s unconsciously using the supernatural abilities, and it’s wearing her body out greatly. She can’t handle it like we do; her humanity is going to deteriorate. And more importantly.. She’s already died two times. She’s already dying, and she’ll die faster.”

Irene muttered, “I know.”

 

···

 

“Won’t you be my girlfriend?”

Seulgi just stared at Wendy, not knowing what to say.

“Seulgi,” Wendy called her name adamantly, “Let’s make this work, okay?”

“Y–yeah.. L–let’s go out..” Seulgi replied hesitantly. She wasn’t sure if a relationship was going to work, especially because of what she’s going through.

It’s not something a relationship simply fixes.

“I’m not just trying to fix your problems, Seulgi. Those seem like something that you’d have to control and overcome yourself. I’m just here for comforting you –– and to make your life a bit easier, I suppose. And because I like you, I want to treat you better. You deserve a lot better.”

Seulgi just chuckled nervously, “W–what do you mean? I already have what’s good for me. I think I’m okay right where I am. It’s obviously thanks to you –– how I got into the dance crew, and where I am socially with other people. I’m thankful, Wendy.”

« What’s with this weird feeling? »

“That’s great to know. I’ll continue to do so much more. Thanks, Seulgi, I really love you,” Wendy smiled, and she leaned in to hug Seulgi, who was still sitting on the bed.

“L–let me get up first, Wendy,” Seulgi laughed, “It seems I’ve got to go anyway. I don’t even know how long I’ve stayed.” She pulled away from the hug and was in the midst of getting out of bed.

“N–no wait. It’s really late now. You should stay for the night.”

Seulgi squinted a little with a twitch in her eyebrow, “How late is it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter