Chapter Ten

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

“S–Seulgi.. Seulgi.. If you let go of me right now, I swear I will haunt you for the rest of your life once I’m in hell!” Jinri cursed.

The situation was tense. Who knew that gravity was so strong? Seulgi was started to slide closer to the edge as well, her face still red and ner neck vessels clearly visible.

“I won’t let you fall, Jinri.. I won’t!” Seulgi exclaimed, trying even harder.

Even the naturalist wasn’t expecting something like this to happen, but he ordered everyone almost immediately, “Everyone! Stand back, do not move! Let me handle this!”

Everyone snapped out of their frozen states and started moving back while the naturalist started to grab a hold onto Seulgi. But it seemed like he wasn’t strong enough to pull the two girls back to safety. Eventually Wendy decided to go and help pull Seulgi back too.

It was a tug of war against gravity.

« Why am I so weak? Why.. A friend right in front of me is in need of help for her life! If she falls.. She’ll seriously die.. No one could live from this fall.. So why.. Why am I so weak?? Why am I not strong enough to protect those that I care for? » Seulgi, with a face still red, started tearing up. She forcefully closed her eyes tightly while clenching her teeth. « I hate being weak! At least… Someone.. Something.. Help me, give me power! »

She opened her eyes again, vessels visible from the sides of her head (near the temples), and her pupils turned red for a split second. The only one who could witness her sudden eye color change was Jinri. She stopped screaming and crying, and she was watching as she was paralyzed.

Immediately, Seulgi pulled Jinri back, nearly throwing her back onto the trail of sand and dirt, like she was just a mere string. This snapped Jinri out of her moment of confusion. She screamed while in the air, falling in an ark with all of the other students watching with their mouths open and jaw down, in shock as their heads followed the falling Jinri.

“AHH!!” She landed faceplant, but nearly rolling downhill until Amber slid further down a little more and held her still.

“Oh my god, Jinri, are you okay?” Luna ran to her side and patted her, but Jinri remained unresponsive and knocked out.

Seulgi was panting, still near the edge. She looked down. The heights were intimidating.. It was hard to breathe, and her eyes rolled while her body went limp.

The naturalist spoke to his walkie talkie, “Uhh.. We have quite an emergency situation. Two students have passed out, and require medical assistance immediately, over.” He remained calm, but his voice –– quite shaky.

 

···

 

“That did not go according to plan either way! What were you guys thinking? Now innocent people were hurt because of that! Who was the one who pushed me?” Sehun yelled, his eyebrows furrowed, his face clearly enraged.

“I did, problem?” Kai stepped out right in front of him, without stuttering, looking fearless as ever with a stern expression.

Sehun’s heart was thumping loudly from his chest, gritting his teeth behind his closed mouth.

“What’s wrong, pretty boy? Cat’s got your tongue?” Kai sneered.

Sehun was fuming inside, now his teeth on his bottom lip, inhaling sharply.

“Let it go, Sehun. It’s not like she’s in any serious problem right now. Plus, we’ll eventually get to putting her out of her misery, instead of putting Jinri in danger –– not that I like her anyway. It’d be nice if she was dead, too, but..” Suho rambled.

Baekhyun squinted, “Oh, but I see something more than just that. I feel like our friend here, Sehun, likes Seulgi very much..” He closed his distance with the youngest, “Am I right? Or.. Am I right?”

Sehun closed his eyes.

“Baekhyun’s right! It’s written all over his face!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

The boys made fun of Sehun.

“Guess what? I like Seulgi too, but since we have to kill her, I guess there’s no point in liking her!” Chanyeol threw his arms up, laughing hysterically.

But they were all wrong because they couldn’t see the bigger picture. Sehun was just innocent, caring about people who aren’t responsible for anything, but him crushing on Seulgi was not the case. He was crushing on someone else.

 

···

 

Seulgi woke up once again in the infirmary they had at the camp. She turned her head and saw Jinri on another bed across the room from her. She held her head.

« I lost conscious again…? This is the second time on this trip. What’s going on? It’s been such a mess recently.. I don’t understand. » She sighed within her mind.

There was no one else in the room but Jinri. Seulgi sat up, feeling parts of her body burn and sore from the accident earlier during the day. She looked at the clock.

[6:32 PM]

How long was she out for? She doesn’t know, but she knows that Jinri has been unconscious along with her. She stood up and walked over to her bedside, then closed her eyes.

[8:40 PM]

Seulgi heard a bloodcurdling scream. Her eyes jolted open, the white part of her eyes were occupied by red capillaries, making them look bloodshot because of her sudden awaken from sleeping.

She saw Jinri in front of her, crawled and scooted farthest away from her, crying.

“J–Jinri, what’s wrong?” She held a hand out to reach her, but Jinri screamed even harder.

The door bursted open, “What’s going on!?” The nurse exclaimed, questioning the scene she saw in front of her. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Where are you hurt?”

Jinri shook her head while crying, but she only pointed towards Seulgi, “S–she’s a m–monster..! Get her away from me!”

Seulgi widened her eyes at the sudden comment, “W–what do you mean.. Jinri..” Seulgi’s broken laughs weren’t very convincing, “Hey, Jinri.. This is a joke right.. Please, stop crying!”

“M–monster! Get away from me, b–! Whatever you are! You’re n–not my friend anymore! I don’t know you! G–get away from me!” Jinri continued screaming.

Seulgi’s face softened, but into a frown. She was hurt by Jinri’s outbursts, “J–Jinri.. T–this is all a j–joke r–right?”

“You bet I’m joking! But I’m not! You’re a monster! I’ve seen it all already! The way you looked at me when you pulled me up that cliff! You should’ve just let me go! Whatever hell you are! Get away from me!” Jinri yelled through her high-pitched screams, still scooching back as far as she could with her back against the wall.

The nurse eventually intervened, holding Seulgi by the shoulders, “Look, I know you’re still somewhat hurt and all, but you need to leave.”

Tears formed and overflowed Seulgi’s eyes.

« What’s going on..? Why do these things happen to me? Why is everything going wrong? » Seulgi walked out slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter