Chapter Seventeen

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

Seulgi had been nursed by Irene for a few days along with her stepmother’s help. But because of her occupation as a surgeon, she did not spend as much time at home.

It was time to go back to school because there was no reason to not go. Of course, the pair had gone together, hand in hand once again.

“What.. Those two.. Isn’t that Seulgi?”

“And isn’t the other one that pale-faced, unanimously popular girl that no one could get close to?”

“Since when were those two together and friends!? And those two holding hands make it seem like… They’re dating!!”

“But since when!?”

However, compared to the time she was with Wendy, Seulgi didn’t feel nervous this time. The fact that she was excluded from Jinri’s group of friends used to make her uncomfortable and weak, but now having another person like Irene right beside her, she didn’t feel afraid anymore.

“Seulrene?”

“What? What’s that?”

“Irene and Seulgi! They’re togeth - well it looks like they’re together…”

“Rumor has it that those two were together now. SeulDy’s over, and Jinri with Wendy doesn’t seem to be big anymore.. It’s Seulrene!”

“I still ship the SeulDy moments though.. Those two were really cute, and I don’t even know much about Irene..”

“No one does. We don’t even know when Seulgi even got close to Irene, or when Irene opened up to Seulgi. It’s all really confusing..”

“What!?” Jinri exclaimed, “Now Seulgi is dating someone else? What are these horrifying rumors? Where are these monstrous rumors coming from? This is ridiculous! No one would even dare to date Seulgi after what I’ve done! You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“It’s true! I saw them holding hands, like what the hell? Jesus, Seulgi sure does move on fast,” Luna commented.

Why am I even here? Wendy thought.

“You know what! I can’t get over the fact that she is still willing to date someone who is clearly out of her league. We need to make Irene like one of us, she qualifies and is already popular enough,” Jinri crossed her arms.

“Huh, I wonder if she’s oblivious to all her attention and popularity that she gets though..” Amber said.

Still walking down the hallway, Irene had her arm linked into Seulgi’s. She looked at the corner of her eye, spotting Jinri while she was ranting at a distance.

I would never want to become someone like you..

“Let’s go on an official date tonight, how about it?” Seulgi said, making Irene turn her head toward her.

“Really? Our first date?”

“Yeah, let’s go somewhere together.. We could spend some more time comfortably, without being at a crowded place like school.."

"You know what, that's a great idea," Irene grinned, "I like it. Let's do that, tonight.."

They walked on for a few more minutes around school, killing time while first period came by slowly.

But everyone around them were staring and gossiping with each other.

“Let’s go somewhere quieter.. I can still hear everyone’s whispering really loudly, and my head is starting to hurt..” Seulgi was still not used to her enhanced hearing.

“First period is about to begin, why don’t we each go to our respective classes and meet up later?” Irene suggested, “Then maybe you might get your quiet time since no one else will see us together then.”

“O-okay.. Let’s meet up soon, though, o-okay? Lunch?”

“Of course,” Irene smiled.

And the two parted their ways with Baekhyun eyeing them carefully, and at the end of his line of sight, he smirks. He signals a boy who was right in front of a locker, giving him a nod.

The male student nodded as well as he opened the locker and put something inside.

 

···

 

“H–hey, Irene!” a girl exclaimed.

Irene turned around at the other student who was with another group of a girls, giving them a questioning look.

“W–we’re all so curious! A–are you and Seulgi.. Possibly… Really together?”

“Hm, yes..? Why does that concern you?”

Instantly right after her answer, the group of girls covered their mouths and squealed in joy.

“Noth–nothing!! We just ship..! You guys are sooooo cute..!!”

“Ah..” Irene looked away in thought, then looked back at the girls, “In fact, we’re going to have a date tonight..” Irene slowly turned around again to face the front of the classroom while the group of girls scurried away, jumping in excitement. Irene chuckled to herself. Just thinking about their date got her fairly excited.

Who knew that word gets around fast –– especially to Jinri.

“What!?” Jinri stood up and shouted while slamming both her palms on her desk. The whole class turned to her as the girl who just whispered into her ear hustled away from her. “I can’t believe this! That’s insane!”

The other people around her whispered harshly, “It’s true! It was personally said by Irene herself!”

Jinri puffed out air, blowing her bangs upward, “I’ve got to tell the others.. We’re so totally interfering with that date!”

 

···

 

“You’re serious? Where did you hear this from?” Suho asked, one of his eyebrows up.

“Uhh, dude! The news is everywhere! Irene said so herself personally.. A group of girls asked her and she said that they were having a date tonight!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Why don’t we just carry out the plan that we were originally going to do? Like, that draught that Kai has.. We could just impersonate as one of the employees at a theater, or a restaurant, depending on wherever they’re going..” Kyungsoo said.

“Actually, that’s a good idea. We might as well just ruin their first date –– that’s so romantic after all,” Chanyeol laughed.

“Sehun’s not here, right?”

“Nope.”

“Baekhyun?”

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo shook their heads.

“Okay, good, tell Kai that we’re going to make a move tonight. We’re following where those two will go right after school, and if they separate, we’ll divide into two groups and follow each –– but carefully –– especially because we’re going to track Irene down,” Suho squinted his eyes, staring into space.

“But, why not just follow Seulgi to make it easier then? Irene is probably going to sense us, just saying,” Kyungsoo suggested.

“That’s true,” Suho answered, “Alright, let’s do that then.”

“But why not tell Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

“Because that bastard is going to report everything to his dearest Taeyeon,” Kyungsoo grit his teeth, “She’s not in charge of us either. We just do her some favors, but that’s it.”

“She’s stronger than us, obviously, so that’s why we’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter