Chapter Five Part I

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

Irene was the last person Seulgi saw before she passed out.

« It’s black again, and I can’t feel anything.. » Seulgi was lost once again. She was just simply talking to herself within her own mind.

« I feel like I’m being carried bridal style up in the air or something. I feel like I’m flowing, but I have no control over my body. There’s something underneath my neck and my legs, supporting them. What’s going on? My strands of hair just flowing down, freely, as I feel a swaying kind of motion. »

Then, it stopped. The motion stopped, and things were still.

 

···

 

Seulgi sprung up up immediately with a sharp gasp.

“Seulgi?”

The person beside her was…

Wendy.

“Wendy? What are you doing here?” Seulgi asked.

“What do you mean what are you doing here –– you were on the ground in front of my door at my house.”

“What?”

“Just –– forget it. It probably wouldn’t make sense to you anyway,” Wendy looked away from her eyes.

“N–no!” Seulgi grabbed onto her arm, but realizing that her desperation looked ridiculous, she said in a calmer tone, “I–I mean.. Please explain to me, whatever you know or how I got here.”

Wendy just sighed in return, “I–I don’t know, honestly.”

“What do you mean you don’t know? I thought you had an explanation.”

“I don’t even know, really. You just.. –– The doorbell rang, and I went to open the door, but the only one there was you. And you were lying unconsciously on the ground. I thought you just ran here in distress over something and fainted..”

“No, I never ran here.”

« Irene. I’m pretty sure I saw Irene. But where is she now? How did I get to Wendy’s if I saw Irene last? Irene.. » Seulgi closed her eyes and sighed.

Wendy’s look of worry just continued.

“Hey, Seulgi..”

“Yes?”

“You know.. We’re close right?”

“Yeah, we are –– I mean at least I thought this whole time.. You’re my first friend here,” Seulgi stuttered.

“Okay well.. That means… You can tell me everything. You know that right?” Wendy suddenly put her hand on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Huh? Wendy…” Seulgi nervously chuckled, “Why are you being like this now?”

“Tell me, are you holding back anything? Are you keeping something away from me?”

“Huh? What, why.. No, I’m not,” Seulgi firmly declined.

Wendy frowned in disappointment, “Is it because you don’t trust me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter