Chapter Fourteen

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

Irene had her fangs out, mouth wide open, and neck vessels visible from pressure. Her eyes were shut tightly together as she tried to resist. was so close to Seulgi’s neck that even her breath came into contact with it.

Joohyun, what’s wrong? Drink..!

“N–no.. No..! S–stop..” Irene tried to pull back as far as she could. Her body was trembling.

But it’s the best kind of blood you’ve ever had! Drink..! There’s no need to resist… Just end her life for your pleasure…

Irene started to grow tears. She was shaking, struggling to resist feeding on Seulgi.

Her blood truly is ecstasy, she thought.

“I can’t! Stop! Leave me alone!” Irene screamed.

Her breathing was cut between short breaths as she inhaled sharply and exhaled harshly.

“Gah..” Irene panted.

She suddenly stood up.

It was a battle against her vampiric conscience.

She held her head tightly as she was pushed to the left, to the right, forward, to the right, back, and to the left. Her legs dragged along.

Then she kneeled and covered her head.

N–no.. If I drink, I’m not sure even if I can stop feeding.. Irene thought.

An amused laugh rang into her ears as another presence entered the warehouse, “Hahaha.. What is this? Irene..?”

Irene turned her head back.

“I thought you had the highest blood resistance out of all of us!” Tiffany exclaimed, “Wasn’t it proven that you did?”

“I–I.. Do..” Irene stumbled as she slowly got up, “You don’t.. Understand. If even a drop of that blood goes to you, I doubt you’ll be able to c–contain yourself.”

Irene shuddered, almost regaining control over her body once more.

Tiffany questioned, “Well, what I want to know is how you managed to contain yourself from feeding on her when you’ve already bit and injected your own blood into her?”

Irene didn’t answer.

“It’s interesting to see you struggle like that. I guess my eyes will be the only one to witness that!”

Irene just simply glared at the girl in front of her. Then she spoke, “Taeyeon doesn’t know anything, right?”

“Well, no. I would presume that she doesn’t. According to your predictions, Seulgi was bullied. Especially with Baekhyun leading a group of students to,” Tiffany held her chin as she spoke, thinking deeply, “I’ve got a roster of those students if you want. I’ve specifically picked out those who were there.”

Such an organized girl, Irene thought.

“You ended up not feeding on that serial killer, did you?”

“N–no.. I did not.”

“Wow, you care so much about that girl that you were so enraged and immersed into only killing him?”

“Who wouldn’t…”

Silence dwelled between them as Irene was still slowly recovering from her wild craving.

But even if Irene thought Tiffany was as loyal to her as she has shown so far, her next statement didn’t make it seem so anymore,

“So, what happens if I, myself, take that blood for myself? Since you aren’t planning to take any, I’ll lessen the burden for you..?” Tiffany smiled as if her request for permission was harmless.

But an answer was given in a different way.

Tiffany was immediately forced into the bloodied wall with Irene right in front of her gripping her neck firmly. A crack formed behind her.

“You do that... And I won’t treat you... Any different from Taeyeon..” Irene said, in multiple breaths.

“Oh?” Tiffany’s eyes widen, “I know how abnormally strong you’re supposed to be, but it looks like I didn’t have to endure as much pain as Taeyeon did in the restroom.”

“How do you know about that?..” Irene questioned.

“You don’t have your full power right now, obviously.”

She swung her arm out towards Irene’s face, wanting to strike her.

And of course, it hit.

Irene was knocked back a little, but a kick was delivered after, causing her to fly back into the other wall from across.

“I can’t believe you would even try to attempt to fight me, Tiffany..” Irene hissed as she recovered onto her feet as if nothing had hit her.

Seulgi’s eyes twitched as they struggled to open, but eventually she regained conscious from the noise. Remembering where she was, and who she saw last, she looked around. She was lying next to the puddle of blood with the chair that she had sat on for torture.

But that wasn’t the only thing she saw or felt.

The whole place was rumbling and she saw two girls fight each other, but differently. It wasn’t like a girl fight between slaps, but the girls were flying all over the place.

Seulgi was able to identify the two: Tiffany, the girl who saved her from the bullying, and Irene, the mysterious schoolgirl that even she didn’t know what she was to her.

A friend?

Tiffany was running out of stamina as she grew tiresome quickly. She realized, even if Irene wasn’t able to deliver strong blows, her endurance was far greater than her own. She felt as if she was giving her strongest blows, but Irene didn’t always seem so affected by them.

Then, something caught her attention,

Seulgi.

She smiled as if a new idea came into her mind.

Irene came launching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter