Chapter Eleven

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

“Let’s break up.”

Seulgi said it bluntly.

“W–what?” Wendy trembled, her voice shaky, “W–why? Why break up now?”

“Because it’s evident, and what was inevitable has happened. Me and Jinri are no longer friends, and once Jinri hates you, she hates you. ” Seulgi swallowed the lump in , trying not to cry anymore, “I’ve lost every one of you. She t–told me to stay away from all of you –– so I will.”

“But –– ”

“No buts! It’s okay, Wendy.. I don’t even care anymore. I can’t change what happens to me, but if you side with me, Jinri will also ruin your social life! Just listen to me, and let’s just end our relationship as it is..” Seulgi wiped away her tears, trying to regain her strong appearance once again, “I don’t want you to be hurt or ostracized by the wonderful people here..”

“Y–you can’t..! Let’s get through it together! With me.. I can comfort you, and –– ”

“No! I forbid going through it together. What you’ve worked so hard for.. I’m not going to let it disappear in a snap. Jinri’s a horrible person ––  I don’t understand why other people don’t understand that and how she still has so many friends, but I don’t want you to end up like me.. So break up with me,” Seulgi said, like ending their relationship was so simple.

Wendy could only disagree, “But we love each other, don’t we? I still love you! And don’t you love me? I will still love you for a very long time –– even if we break up!"

“Then, at least break up with me, even if we still love each other, it's best not to be seen on campus together; it’s for the best for us, and for you.”

Wendy could only let out a sob and a few tears. Seeing her like this in front of her, Seulgi could not remain still without having herself to break into tears again.

“I’m leaving, see you around, I guess..” Seulgi hurriedly walked away, leaving Wendy alone to cry in front of the other students. The chattering and whispering didn’t get better.

The new hashtags that became the most recent…

#RIPSeuldy

#RIPWengi

#RIPWenseul

Seulgi ran into the restroom almost immediately. She ran into a few female students and they made eye contact briefly, but as if Seulgi was a disease, they scurried out of the restroom.

« Words and news spread fast, don’t they, Jinri? » Seulgi thought.

She had her hands at the sides of the sink, with her eyes looking straight at the mirror. Her eyes were still bloodshot red from crying, but other than that, her facial expression showed nothing but the resting face that she had for the first few days of school.

It looks like that was the image that was going to show up once more, again.

« What did Jinri see in me? Why am not considered as a human but a monster? What did she see? »

Her eye twitched as she looked intently into the mirror.

But nothing on her face changed.

The unanswered question she asks herself, what Jinri had seen, only seemed to want to be hidden, but not by Seulgi’s control.

 

···

 

There was blackness everywhere around her. She was by herself, standing alone in the darkness with no one around.

You want to kill everyone…

A voice whispered through the thin air. The gender was unidentifiable. It was vague. It sounded like a monster.

« What? » Seulgi thought.

You want to kill everyone for who they are… For doing these things to you.. Treating you as you are now…

Seulgi looked everywhere around her, only to see black, black, black all around her and nothing more.

“Who are you? Where are you? Show yourself!” Seulgi shouted.

The mysterious voice only laughed so evilly as a response.

Aren’t I right? I am right, aren’t I? So just accept me.. Accept me and I’ll give you power…

“Power to do what? I don’t need power!” Seulgi screamed.

She couldn’t explain the heavy emotions on her chest right now. She was suddenly breathing more, sweating more, and panting more.

Oh yes.. You need power! You need it! To protect those you love and to kill those you bore hatred for.

Seulgi didn’t respond.

« What is this? Power? » She thought.

I am right.. You don’t need to deny me any further now.. Accept me, and you will have everything that you want. The more you are in denial.. The stronger it grows! So stop denying and start accepting...!

“Leave me alone! Go away!” She screamed.

The monstrous voice had only laughed wickedly again.

 

···

 

Her eyes jerked open suddenly. She sat up, panting hard as if just running a few miles, waking up in cold sweat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter