Chapter Twelve

What I Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

···

 

Baekhyun should’ve walked away at that point.

“My, my.. What’ve we got here? A gang bullying a poor individual. Isn’t that pathetic?”

“Who the hell are you? Mind your own business and move along now, or else you’re going to join her!” The girl with her foot on top of Seulgi’s back yelled, “Aren’t you gonna move?”

“What did you just tell me to do?” The mysterious girl who intervened suddenly gave a twisted smile,  but was trying very hard to hide her aggressiveness, “You know, bullying is really bad right? You guys should just scramble now, especially while I’m asking nicely.” Her eyes travel to Baekhyun’s as they send him a message, causing him to flinch.

He quickly whispers to another boy next to him, passing down the message as he walks away first. Whatever he whispered travel to the group all around, and eventually to the girl with her foot on top of Seulgi. She sighs.

“Okay, this time you win, but next time, we won’t let you off so easily!” The girl glared and pointed her finger at the girl who saved Seulgi. They quickly walked away from the scene, and everyone around who witnessed the scene returned to their normal lunch activities.

However, the only thought that ran through Seulgi’s savior was only –– There will be no next time.

“Now then that’s over with, let’s get you cleaned up and out of this mess, shall we?” Her savior squatted in front of her, holding her own hand in front of Seulgi's for her to grab.

Seulgi managed to stay shocked, “W–who are you?”

Because there was never anyone who would step up and stand against a bully, not in this school at least.

“I’m Tiffany,” the girl smiled, “Nice to meet you, now let’s get you cleaned up, Seulgi.”

Seulgi’s eyes widened as she heard her own name come out of the girl who she had just met in less than two minutes, “H–how do you know who I am?”

“Well, I was assigned as your new seat partner in English, but you were too busy sleeping in class. The teacher didn’t even bother waking you up!” She laughed.

As if this situation was fit for laughing.

A sudden, overwhelming feeling of embarrassment came along and Seulgi could feel her face feel hot. The girl in front of her sighed, as if waiting for her to get up and clean herself.

“So.. Are you coming or not?”

“Y–yeah..”

Tiffany and Seulgi were in the restroom, alone. Seulgi wanted to give proper thanks to her because she was truly grateful at what she’s done for her.

“Th–thank you, really, for helping me back there,” Seulgi bowed twice. She rubbed her nape.

“No problem. It wasn’t that big of a deal, nor did it require a lot of effort. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out,” Tiffany smiled, “Especially since we’re now acquainted with each other, I’m assuming. When you need help, just call my name.”

“Wh–what?”

“You heard me, just call my name when you’re in need of help,” Tiffany smiled.

Seulgi wondered if she was planning anything suspicious, but she could not read what the girl had in mind.

“Anyway, I’m going, see you around,” Tiffany waved and exited the building.

« Why is the day so strange as it already is? » Seulgi mentally sighed.

 

···

 

Baekhyun was also in the restroom. The boys’ restroom. He had his hands at the edge of the sink, looking at the mirror. He was alone. He stared into the mirror intently, looking like he’s dying to kill someone.

But suddenly, he wasn't alone anymore. Behind him, from nowhere, Tiffany appeared. His eyes widened, but before he could do anything else, a punch was delivered into his face.

His back was hit into the stall.

“What the hell!?” He looked up, facial expression displeased.

“You know, there are some things that you’re not supposed to mess with, right?” Tiffany asked firmly, “There are some things that Taeyeon didn’t ask for you to do, you know that very well right?” She forcefully slams her left hand next to Baekhyun’s left ear, looking very unhappy.

“What’s your problem!? I didn’t ask you to into my business!” Baekhyun grit his teeth, “Why and how are you even involved with that Seulgi girl? This has nothing to do with you!”

“I don’t care whether this has something to do with me or not, but now that I’ve included myself, maybe it is my business now,” Tiffany smiled conceitedly. She punched Baekhyun across the face again, “And that was because I just felt like it. Bullying is a bad thing, didn’t anyone ever tell you that?” Then, another punch on the other side, “So stop bullying other people, Taeyeon didn’t even ask for it.” And then, one final punch, but Baekhyun recovered quickly right after.

He was about to punch Tiffany back on her face, too, for the many assaults that he’s gotten, but his fist stopped right next to her cheek when Tiffany smugly announced,

“Taeyeon’s going to be disappointed.”

His eyes widened and his fist was still hanging in the air.

Tiffany was gone.

He grit his teeth again and ruffled his hair, “Aish!”

He collapsed down onto floor with his knees to his chest.

Then he slammed his fist on the stall.

God damn you, Tiffany. Why am I so weak? Taeyeon, for you… Why is it her but not me?

He mentally screamed as he held his head and suffered in frustration, crying.

 

···

 

Tiffany, who was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter