It's Called Being Jealous

It's Called Being In Love {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Myungsoo laid on his bed on his side, staring at the phone lying in front of him with a frown. Throughout the entirety of yesterday and even today, something just didn't settle right in his head- that something being the idea that Sungjong was actually dating Howon, which was a very irritating thought to him.

He reaches over and grabs his phone, scrolling through his contacts list before reaching 'Neighborhood Idiot' and deciding to message Woohyun. When he reaches the chat, he stares at the blank box that was basically a mirror to how his mind was going: blank.

Honestly, he's been spending so much time with his hyungs and Sungjong to the point that one moment of silence can grow a bit unbearing for him since he's used to a noisy atmosphere. The facts that he hasn't had proper contact with Sungjong, his hyungs were busy with their lives, and that Woohyun told him that today was suppose to be a 'silence and think' day were already really bothering him.

Without much of a thought, he sent a simple 'hey' text.

Did you think? -A-+

'Oh boy' was all that he could think.

uh... hint plz?

-_-

Yeah Myungsoo could tell at this point that he really lacked any sense of wits. He tried to think more, focusing on all of the memories where he felt bitter whenever at least Sungjong was included before a word popped into his mind.

Jealousy? he could feel his eyebrows scrunch up slightly before thinking more, If I'm jealous of Howon dating Sungjong that I'm a terrible friend first of all. Second of all, why would I even be jealous?

um, well i'm jealous

Good... so?????

... so?

Omg L I actually thought we finally got something into your thick skull T^T

well all i know is that i'm jealous  but i don't know a good reason as to why ok?

Then Myungsoo waited... and waited... and waited... before wondering what was taking so long since Woohyun hadn't respond in about 10 minutes. All of a sudden, he heard rapid knocking on his door to his room, making him confused since neither of his parents did such a thing. He pushes himself up and off of his bed before walking over to the door, opening to see and exhuasted Woohyun, feeling a strong sense of deja vu.

"First of all," Woohyun then slapped the side of Myungsoo's head harshly, not waiting for Myungsoo's response before going on, "Second of all, L, Myungsoo, whatever the hell your name is, YOU HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH SUNGJONG FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS! I'll give you a few minutes for you to comprehend that," and then Woohyun reached over and slammed the door closed.

It took a moment for Myungsoo's head to click before letting out a silent scream (while Woohyun heard a large thump against the door as a very rough sound of something sliding down the door).

If anything, Myungsoo's head couldn't comprehend with what just happened, not only was he confused, shocked, and somewhat understand everything right now, he was also confused, shocked, an- wait that's a repeat, but you get the point.

He starts hitting himself lightly on the head, trying to get his mind back together before trying harder than before to think.

Is... Is that true? Have I really-? No wait a minute, that doesn't make sense, because I would've noticed a long time ago... right? U-Unless I really am that dumb- but then again that wouldn't be too hard to believe... wait a minute, there was that one time...

A memory that had been hidden for a long time suddenly came into mind.


"I... I've really liked you for a long time. Please go out with me!"

Myungsoo could only stare at the girl- Sujeong if memories served right- who's eyes was sqeeuzed shut as her face was bright red.

"Um... You've only known me this year though...?" which was true. They've only just started middle school a year ago but seeing how the girl lets out a sigh makes him want to retract his statement at the realization that 'oh crap he just didn't notice her presence at all'.

"As I thought, the rumors really are true... you really are in love with Sungjong-ssi..." to which Myungsoo choked on his own spit before he felt his face burn as he stutters, "W-W-What?! W-When did th-th-that rumor come around?!"

Sujeong- now that he thinks about it maybe her name was actually Jiyeon?- blinked innocently, "Er- since 4th grade?"

"'4th gra-'?! Why?!"

"Because you guys are always with each other and Sungjong-ssi is a social butterfly but he doesn't really hang out with anyone anymore but you- well and Woohyun, but those occasions are rare in comparison to whenever he's with you," Sujeong added, to which his mind could barely register.

"Er- um- I-I-I need a moment..." Myungsoo murmurs, barely acknowledging the fact that Sujeong left the area because his mind was still in a panic, murmuring to himself, "H-How did something like that got spread?! I-I mean I get how they would misunderstand but to say that I'm in love with Sungjong b-but that's not-"

"Myungie?"

It wouldn't be a llie to say that Myungsoo's heart nearly jumped out of his chest with the sudden voice behind him. Anticipation and embarrassment built up when he heard steps that crumpled the orange leaves on the ground before Sungjong's innocently curious expression came into view.

Jeez was today unfair for him for Sungjong to use such a cute expression (to which Myungsoo internally smacked himself for thinking of such a thing about his best friend).

"Are you okay? Your face is all red. Did you catch a cold?" Sungjong asked.

"Ah- um- n-no- uh-" Myungsoo could only hopelessly stutter before coming up with an excuse, "Er- S-Sujeong confessed to me..."

"O-Oh... really now..." when Sungjong pouted at that Myungsoo panicked more, "Er- uh- I r-rejected her though a-and then Sujeong thought that I was in love with you so- uh- um-!"

The area around them went quiet as both of them now were completely silent and both blushing bright red.

"Maybe you do have a cold... h-here," Sungjong unraveled the hand-knit black and red scarf from his neck before wrapping it around Myungsoo. He shyly asked, "I-Is that better...?"

Myungsoo felt speechless, only being able to nod as the scent of lemons came from the scarf in a strong manner. He thought that he was thinking too much about how cute Sungjong looked and how his beating heart correlated with it, he tried to push it away as Woohyun suddenly popped out of nowhere and managed to scare Sungjong, making the youngest smack Woohyun on the arm for doing so.


"... That was when I realized that I loved him..." realization struck Myungsoo. That was the sentence that finally didn't feel wrong to him and yet he could only feel pain as he felt regret.

Why did he only realize it at that moment?

Why did he bury that memory?

Why did he become so ignorant to his surroundings?

Why didn't he say anything more?

Why did their relationship end up like this?

Why?

Just... Why?