Regretting

It's Called Being In Love {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

"Because I've been in love with you for the past ten years."

To say that Myungsoo didn't know what to feel then was an understatement. He could only hate himself when he could only stare at Sungjong's tired, tear-stained face. Sungjong lets out a groan of frustration before rashly rubbing the sleeve of his shirt against his face to wipe away his tears, "I seriously can't believe this! Why am I even crying over you still?!"

"W-What did you just say...?" Myungsoo could only dumbly gape, making Sungjong glance at him before looking away.

"I've been in love with you for the past ten years... there, are you happy?" he mumbled.

That sentence seemed to have only went through one of Myungsoo's ear and out the other, leaving no time for him to fully comprehend the situation he was suddenly thrown in. He really did struggle with this new found information.

Sungjong lets out a huff, "Of course you wouldn't care. You're dating Suzy now after all these years. This is dumb, I shouldn't have bothered with even trying to explain to you."

He begins to turn around and Myungsoo helplessly yelled out, "W-Wait!" but that plea only backlashed at him when Sungjong turned around and glared at him.

"Myungsoo, I'm tired of waiting."


He wasn't able to get into contact with Sungjong again. Texting lead him nowhere, his calls were simply ignored, whenever he tried to go over to his house Mrs. Lee would answer the door and reply with 'Jongie doesn't want to talk to anyone right now, sorry Myungsoo-yah' or if she wasn't there then no one would answer the door, and the photoshoot has long since passed so there wasn't much of a need for them to head to the studio. Myungsoo was simply lost at what to do.

It seemed as though there wouldn't be much of a reason for them to even speak to each other over break.

When he reached the cafe, he saw Woohyun standing by the entrance while messing with his phone before looking up and noticing Myungsoo, "Oh hey, so I'm guessing Jongie told you beforehand that he couldn't come hang out today?"

"More like he didn't tell me at all..." Myungsoo murmurs.

Woohyun looks at him weirdly before sighing and patting Myungsoo on the shoulder, "C'mon L, we got all day to talk about it since Hoya and Sunggyu headed back to their hometown for vacation and Sungyeol is filming for a drama."

Once they sat in the cafe it was completely quiet for them even after ordering what they want for lunch. The quietness Myungsoo didn't pay attention to and simply blanked out in that silence as that scene seemed to have repeat over and over again in his head like a broken recorder but Woohyun didn't enjoy it one bit, feeling rather annoyed with this.

"Dude, I said we'd talk about it, so why aren't we talking about it?" Woohyun was obviously very close to yelling out of frustration.

"Sungjong confessed to me."

"Oh oka- WHAT?!"

Myungsoo stared at Woohyun as he freaked out and was now raising his voice without care, drawing a lot of weird looks from the customers around in the cafe. A couple more seconds passed by before he took a deep breath and slumped.

That took a while... Myungsoo was kinda unimpressed with the over-exaggerated reaction as they were served their drinks.

"Dang- I- w-wow... just... I never thought that he would be able to do it after ten years of hiding it..." Woohyun murmured as he massaged his head a bit.

What Woohyun had said bothered Myungsoo a bit before it finally processed in his head after remembering his discussion his Suzy. Slowly, he asked, "Wait a minute, you already know about this? Out of all the hyungs possible, you knew???"

"... Yes," now it was Woohyun's turn to feel unimpressed, "In fact, all of us, even Suzy and IU, knew about this. You, however, seem to process information and hints at a very slow process equivalent to the time that a tiny turtle is trying to eat a cherry tomato."

Now he was more upset than before at the realization of the fact that he couldn't even tell that his best friend had a crush on him. It was really a crappy feeling mixed with guilt. Myungsoo could only mumble, "So this is what Suzy meant..."

He barely noticed that Woohyun gave him a look before sighing, "Sure, let's go with that. Anyways, what do you plan on doing about it?"

"I don't know..." he murmurs while Woohyun could only groan and face-palm.

"L, you don't just go saying 'I don't know' in a situation where the closest person to you suddenly confesses to you!" Woohyun yelled out of frustration.

"Well it's not like you've ever dealt with this situation," Myungsoo could retorted back childishly.

"No, but I've been in Sungjong's shoes before, and let me tell you this," Woohyun sighs before looking at him with an uncharacteristic hint of sadness to his expression, "It when the person you confess to takes it as a joke."

"... Oh..." he realized now what Woohyun meant.

I didn't know that he could be serious about something like this...

Woohyun shakes his head, "Anyways, you need to figure out how to respond to Sungjong- to which you really should only have one answer to- and whatever it is you do, never ignore him and don't even dare think about playing it off like it never happened when you do see him again. You're only going to hurt him more if you do something like that, and I'm going to be really specific here as to what you should do to prepare for it: THINK. VERY. HARD. No hints because we've already given you like a dozen for the past couple of years and I swear if you do hurt him you better know that I will be after your head for doing something dumb."

Myungsoo didn't know whether to feel offended or taken back by Woohyun's blunt comments but there was something that was still questionable, "You keep repeating these things but you do realize that we have yet to figure out how to actually meet with Sungjong, right?"

"Shush I'm thinking of a plan right now because even if we were to lie about you not being there the kid would be smart enough to figure out that we're lying," he waves his at Myungsoo before thinking, to which the latter could only sigh.

Even if they were to figure out a plan, would it even work?