A Transfer Student

It's Called Being In Love {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Hey guys, I'm introducing my friend to Infinite so which one of their music videos should I show her?


Myungsoo hid his growing frown by burying the bottom half of his face into Sungjong's shoulder. How dare that neighborhood idiot make the innocent maknae forget about his pressence!

Luckily (for Myungsoo), the bell just rung, signaling that if they don't get to homeroom in five minutes that they'll be late. Of course, Woohyun had a different homeroom from Myungsoo's and Sungjong's homeroom which was on the other side of the campus.

"Sungjong, we need to get to class..." Myungsoo murmured loud enough into Sungjong's shoulder for both of them to hear. Hopefully, he succeeded in trying to sound more needy than bitter. Seemingly it worked with the maknae, just not the neighborhood idiot.

"Yeah, yeah, you spoiled dork," Sungjong giggled a bit, remembering that Myungsoo still had a bedhead and continued combing his hair.

He smirked in success as he saw Woohyun frown at the sight of Sungjong's attention returning to Myungsoo.

"And people call me greasy," Woohyun muttered under his breath.

"Again, it's called being clingy," Sungjong sighed, "Bye, Woohyun."

The maknae waved goodbye before he past Woohyun, making Myungsoo and Woohyun momentarily glare at each other.


While Myungsoo and Sungjong were figuring out how they would design their poster, Sungjong was suddenly grabbed and pulled away from him by a group of kids. The kids didn't apologize, neither did they make eye contact with Myungsoo, so Myungsoo continued sketching things out while listening in on the not-so-secretive conversation they were having with Sungjong.

"Sungjong, why are you partners with him?" he heard a girl whisper rather loudly.

"What? You mean L?" he was pretty sure Sungjong blinked innocently because he heard someone slap their forehead and groan.

"You even gave him a nickname? Come on! He's probably annoyed by it!" a boy also whispered loudly.

"L isn't, he's watched Death Note before so he understands why I call him that," Sungjong pouted.

"Did you just be his partner out of pity? Because everyone else had partners? If so it's not too late to ask to change-"

"I just want to be friends with him, is that so bad?" he heard Sungjong say it in a rather sassy manner. Well, honestly anyone would get sassy after being dragged away without consent and bombarded with questions.

"Listen, I know that you make friends easily, but you guys are polar opposites, there's no way your friendship would work!" another girl joined in.

For a moment, Myungsoo believed in those words, thinking that there's no way someone as bright and lively as Sungjong would be friends with someone as dark and quiet as himself. He stopped sketching momentarily, biting the bottom of his lip to prevent him from speaking up.

"Then..." Myungsoo was on the verge of breaking the pencil lead when he heard Sungjong stay quiet.

"I'll be the sun and he'll be the moon."

He widened his eyes in surprise.

"If all the stars are so afraid of how dark the moon seems, I'll make sure to be there for him so that they can see just how bright he can be." and noe one else said anything.

Myungsoo heard approaching footsteps, quickly figuring out that it was Sungjong so he pretended that he was still sketching. He then saw Sungjong hide his face in his hands.

"Oh my god," he muttered in English before returning to speaking Korean, "That was so cheesy!"

He needed to say something to assure him, but all he could say was, "Th...Thank y-you..."

Not the best and clear 'thank you' he's ever said, but that managed to pull Sungjong out of embarrassment.


"Myungsoo, are you done recharging yet? You almost fell asleep on me before we reached our desks," Sungjong said, lightly hitting Myungsoo on the head.

"10 more minutes-"

"Not even five?" Sungjong sweated.

"But if it's only five more minutes I'll need to sleep on your lap again during lunch," Myungsoo said.

"Fine, just hurry up and get to your seat before the teache-"

"Seriously, Kim Myungsoo? Release Lee Sungjong before I lecture you about PDA again," the teacher came in as if on cue. The students snickered and giggled as he heads over to his seat in the front in a rather dissapointed way while Sungjong headed towards the back of the classroom to his seat.

"Thank you, now-"

"Do you hear that?"

The teacher glares at Sungjong for suddenly interrupting, making him quickly murmur an apology before he continued, "S-Sorry, but it sounds like something is getting closer to our class."

"You mean the giant helicopter shadow that's getting bigger and bigger on the track outside?" a girl who had a window seat pointed outside, making everyone immediately go over to the windows.

The students on the track warming up ran for their lives away from the track as a helicopter flew down onto the track.

"That's one way to enter school," the teacher rolled her eyes before taking out her phone to text another teacher.

Myungsoo, the only one uninterested in the helicopter outside and was sitting in his desk, caught a glimpse of a name in the text on her phone.

"'Kim... Sunggyu'...?" he murmurs quietly to himself. The name was most definitely familiar, but he couldn't quite put a finger on why it was so familiar. Now he was suddenly interested and slowly walked up to the side of the windows where Sungjong was.

"Whoever decided to show up to school in a helicopter must be one heck of a person," Sungjong said to no one in particular.

"It doesn't look like the passenger on it wanted that to happen though," Myungsoo noted out loud, seeing how a student around their age came out with the helicopter driver and slapped him on the back of his head. The uniform he wore was obviously from another school that seemed more prestigious than their's, seeing how there were certain badges and specific parts of the uniform made with expensive fabric.

"At least he cares about students' safety," Sungjong giggled a bit as he saw the transfer student now scolding the driver.

"I guess..." Myungsoo said indifferently, but he couldn't help but care about why a student from one of the finest schools in South Korea would come to a school meant for children of middle-class families.

And their lives were bound to change at one point, they just didn't realize it was now.