Of Games and Cheaters

It's Called Being In Love {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Sooooooooo how do you put up a poll? (I'm thinking of putting a poll for this fanfic to decide on who Sungjong should end up with but why do I feel like Myungsoo woud win by a landslide? *cough*comments*cough*)


How to describe the next couple of days at school? Total chaos.

Myungsoo could barely stand the idea of Sungyeol marrying the innocent maknae, and what did the choding due? Enroll in the same f-ing school as the already complicated love square-traingle-polygon-thing.

He swore that extremely bitter feeling just grew by a gazillion cuz that is so a word times!

Waiting for Sungjong to get ready in the living room?

"Accept my aegyo, Sungjongie~!"

Nope! Woohyun is already waiting for him too and sitting on the couch (and now Myungsoo questions why Sungjong's mother still thinks Woohyun is Sungjong's friend when Sungjong).

Getting to school with Sungjong?

"Sungjong-ah, where have you been?!"

Nope! Sunggyu is waiting at the gate with schedule changes and to scold Sungjong.

Separating from those two and starting the next class with Sungjong somewhat peacefully?

"Hey~! Sungjong~!"

Nope! Hoya is there to talk to Sungjong after escaping from some rabid fangirls.

Eating lunch with Sungjong in their (emphasize their) secluded place?

"Jjongie! Say ah~!"

Nope! Sungyeol found their secret place after running away from rabid fangirls by doing some sort of choding prank and started hanging out with them and feeding Sungjong with some form of lemon dessert.

Going to work and excluding all the facts above?

"Sungjongie, your arm is supposed to be positioned here."

Nope! Dongwoo is touching Sungjong to make sure he's dancing correctly to certain songs (to which Sungjong is obviously very uncomfortabe with).

Throw in some studying for final exams and Sungjong slowly getting more popular and chaos has increased like that bitter feeling he has.

What was this to him? It was similar to a game... that is, a game full of cheaters who don't even know Sungjong isn't something to be won over in the place!

Myungsoo stopped his inner raging for a minute and sighed before slamming his head on the keyboard making a bunch of 'g's appear on his report for history class. A continuous groan left his mouth along with the 'g's.

All he could think about: these barely-older-than-them-hyungs were totally crushing on the maknae, to which Myungsoo can't help and say "what a bunch of shallow b(ad word :P)s!" They've barely met the maknae and they already fall for Sungjong; this coming from a guy who doesn't believe in 'love at first sight'.

. . .

Okay, not Woohyun, obviously enough.

. . .

Okay, okay, maybe not Dongwoo and Sungyeol either but that's debatable depending on whether he can figure out their true intentions.

So really, it's only Sunggyu and Hoya... maybe...

You know what? All of them are debatable except for Woohyun.

And what is innocent little Jongie doing? Well, his phone vibrating a bit answered that.

Myungsoo picked up his phone and looked at what the younger texted to him this time.

Myungiieee the neighborhood idiot got my phone number somehow! ( >Д<) Send halp!

Cute, but that only made him more grumpy, hearing that Woohyun got his phone number and is probably texting him greasy messages.

Maybe some sleep will help...


"Sungjongie~"

"What is it, neighborhood idiot?"

Woohyun pouted, "Why are people calling me that?"

To which, Myungsoo and Sungjong rolled their eyes, "Because you act like one when you're around me. It's the last day of school for us as 5th graders and you act like such a lovesick-weirdo when you're with me."

"That's because I love you!" Woohyun smiled, making Sungjong scoff at the 'joke'.

Myungsoo didn't know whether to sigh at Sungjong being so oblivious or at Woohyun being so greasy. Although Woohyun was a bit disappointed, a comfortabe silence fell between the trio as they contnued eating their lunch.

"Hey, what should we do during summer break?" Woohyun piqued up..

"Aah that? I'll be gone the whole summer..." Sungjong groaned, making Myungsoo and Woohyun almost choke on their food.

"WHAT?!" the two yelled in unison.

"My parents and I are going to visit my second...third... I dunno, maybe fourth-cousin? Some sort of number that I don't remember..." Sungjong groaned again, "My relatives live across the country from here so talk about an exciting road trip..."

"But you can't leave the entire summer! I don't wanna spend the entire summer with the neighborhood idiot!" Myungsoo whined.

"Hey, I don't wanna spend time with you either, but L is right, you can't leave your husband here!" tp which Woohyun got a punch in the arm from Sungjong.

"It's just summer, we still have the rest of elementary and maybe middle school to hang out with each other," Sungjong said.

"Then kiss me!"

Now Myungsoo choked on his food.

"Excuse me?!" Sungjong yelled.

"You can't leave the city without giving your husband a goodbye kiss!" Woohyun pouted, "And who knows if some random dude in that country's gonna steal your first kiss from cute, little you!"

"I am not cute!" Sungjong pouted (cutely), "Neither do I want to give my frst kiss to you!"


The dream abruptly stopped when his phone vibrated again. Probably another complaint from Sungjong, but that dream reminded him of something.

And that something included a certain dino. Now that got rid of a lot of questions about him and clicked in his head.

If he remembered correctly, Dongwoo left his hometown, and from seeing how easily lost Dongwoo was at school (or maybe that's just in his nature), this was his first time in the city.

That means Sungjong and Dongwoo met during that summer... but what is their relationship still?!

Now he really regrets cutting Dongwoo off when he was about to explain- well- possibly everything.

Myungsoo slowly brought his head up from the keyboard that he saw that he made fve pages full of 'g's, but losing all care in his report, he didn't read Sungjong's text and texted the first thing that was on his mind.

What do you think about the annoying hyungs?

Well, they're barely our hyungs whereas hamster-gyu is actually our hyung, but they're okay, I guess :P

What's your relationship with Dongwoo?

He waited a few minutes before turning off his phone, noticing how Sungjong didn't respond immedately and probably never will. This made him sigh, taking note that a player- or again, more like a cheater- had sneaked into their weird game before him and Woohyun even noticed his presence.

Nothing seemed to be same ever again.