Day 99

100 Days To You

Day 99

i was awoken by the loud annoying alarm clock the next day. without opening my eyes, my arms stretched out to reach the alarm clock and slammed down the snooze button.

it was still ringing, and when i opened my eyes i realized it wasnt mine. kim jong in. i stood up grumpily and walked towards jong in's room. i took a breath and i knocked on the door really hard before i ran back into my room. i hope he heard it.

i waited for about 5 minutes but it was still ringing. cant his parents hear it? i groaned before i left my room and went to his door again. should i just barge in? he wont caught me anyway, right? besides, he barged into my room yesterday.

i slowly yet carefully opened the door, tip toed to his alarm clock and turned it off.

before i left, i took a glance of him. he looked beautiful in his sleep. almost like a innocent child, and I had to wonder if his attitude wasnt this bad, he was perfect. i sighed before i left.

i stripped off my pyjamas and put on the brand new ironed uniform. i looked into the mirror and grinned. it looked like those in kdramas.

i took my bagpack and went outside my room. jongin coincidentally came out the same time.

i jumped. "s-since when did you woke up?" i stuttered.

"i was awake all along" he said cooly and left. i laughed to myself. hes lying.

i followed him down and there was no one.

"where are your parents?" i asked.

"both of them goes to work early in the morning" he said nonchalantly.

wow. jong in's parents sure worked hard huh.

i realized kai wasnt walking in the direction to the kitchen, instead he was walking to the main door.

"wait, youre leaving?" i said.

"oh, i usually dont have breakfast" he said.

"uhm... what about me?" i mumbled, almost whispering.

he stood still and looked down at me and smirked. "choose one. to eat breakfast and not knowing how to go to school or to follow me and know how to go to school."

i sighed as i followed out to the house.

"you have the keys right? lock the door" he ordered. i rolled my eyes behind him and took out the keys from my bag.

he was already walking away and i quickly locked the door before i could catch up with him.

we walked to the bus stop and there were no one there. also, it was really quiet.

I stood beside kai awkwardly. damn, why is it so cold in the morning? and , i feel my stomach building up like its gonna rumble really loud. i tried to hold it in, hoping that jong in wouldnt hear them.

"youre feeling cold?" jong in suddenly asked. he noticed? i looked up to him. did he decided to be nice instead?

"why didnt you bring your jacket?" he shouted, since there were no one around us. nope, i was wrong.

"...because it's almost summer?" i said awkwardly.

he groaned as he took off his jacket. my eyes widened and my jaw dropped at the same time.

"what? youre a woman, that's why" he rolled his eyes. "so do you want or not?" he shouted.

i giggled and took the jacket from him and hooked it across my shoulders.

and then my stomach rumbled really loudly. oh . i looked up at kai. nope, he did not notice. i mentally phew-ed and pretend to act like nothing happen.

the moment of silence only lasted for seconds before the bus came.

the bus was pretty full and there were only one pair of empty seats at the back. great.

i walked to the empty seats and moved in to the window seat. jong in followed as he sat beside me. i felt his arms touched mine and i leaned to the window.

we didnt talk after that. i mean, there were really nothing to talk about. and, he was using his phone all the time. he never looked up.

after a few stops, jong in pressed the stop button.

we alighted from the bus and i followed him. it was a street of shops and i dont see how the school is gonna be around here. this doesnt look like the direction to school. did i just got kidnapped?

jong in walked into a small shop. maybe he wanted to get something before heading to school? i nodded my head and followed him insde,

"auntie, two korean pancake please!" he walked to a table and sat.

"didnt you say you usually dont have breakfast?" i said, actually being sarcastic but my tone says otherwise.

"i dont. but i could hear that you are about to die from starvation" he looked at me.

i looked back at him confusingly.

"you thought that i didnt hear your stomach rumbling. i could see your face all relieved when i gave a straight face. hey, this means my acting is pretty convincing. im a good actor, you know" he laughed.

"then go be an actor!" i rolled my eyes at him. jokingly actually.

he just laughed away. the food came on time before we could get awkward again.

i waited till jong in started eating before picking up the utensils.

instead of just tearing of from the korean pancake like how jong in does, i cut them up neatly and took a bite of it.

my eyes widened and stopped chewing. wow, dont ever look down on small old shops, their food is surprising. 

i swallowed my food before i spoke up. "damn jong in, this is-"

he nodded his head, giving that hand signal to calm down. "yes yes, its the best in seoul actually, even though it look pretty rundown. it gets really busy during peak hours" he said.

"no wonder" i grinned.

jong in literally engulf the whole pancake and he stood up to pay. i sped up and when he came back i was already done.

he already had his backpack on so he had to wait for me. i took my backpack and put on his jacket.

"youre so slow" he said as he walked away. i smiled.

we left the cafe and walked to the bus stop.

"thank you" i said, even though youre really mean.

"its only today, i wont do it tomorrow" he said, flicking my forehead. i screamed in pain as i crouched down and rubbed my forehead. never knew that hurt, because no one ever done that. my eyes watered. jong in pulled me up and looked at me.

"are you crying?" he said, about to burst out from laughing.

i slapped his hands and he winced.

"you look small, but , its hurts like hell" he said and i looked at his arms. wow, there were really red.

"really?" i smirked and looked at him.

"i learnt my lesson. ill never lay a finger on you again" he said as he brought his hands up as if he was surrendering.

i laughed. jong in wasnt like this yesterday. we could actually clique quite well together. will he take back his words about me acting like i dont know him?

the bus came and we board it. there were more people on the bus, and there was only one seat left. jong in was the first to board, so hell probably sit.

yup, he did. the door closed and the bus jerked as the driver accelerates. god, how did he get his job? the bus jerked once again, losing my balance but i managed to hold onto the railing.

the bus was going really fast towards the green light but before he crossed the line the traffic light turned amber. the bus screeched as he tried to stopped before the line. even holding onto the railing didnt help me maintain my balance.

before i could fly forward, jong in held my hand and pulled me to him.

thank you, god. i almost died without saying my last goodbye.

i got back into reality and realized i was in jong in's lap. me sitting on his lap.

i shot up from that position. "thank you" i said awkwardly.

"youre really clumsy, you know?" he said as he stood up and pushed me to sit down.

we didnt talk during the rest of the ride until he told me we had reached.

he walked forward and i followed behind. hes probably gonna abandon me here....

before i could let him go, i stopped him.

"jong in," i said. he stopped in his tracks and i walked towards him and faced him. he gave me the "what? go on" face.

"thank you for today and im sorry for making things a little troublesome for you" i said and bowed. with all my sincere.

"okay?" he said with that uncertain tone.

i smiled and walked ahead. i never looked back. he didnt bother calling me back too.

i entered the school and started panicking. i actually didnt know where to go. where do i go? do i go to the office? okay, wheres the office? or do i go straight to class?

someone came up to me from the back. "like real. do you even know where to go?" of course its jong in.

i looked at him. "my bad." i said. he pushed me wherever we went.

we reached the office. "from here, just register. and then someone would definitely lead you to class"

the bell rung. "crap. im late again." he said and he left without saying goodbye. i smiled to myself. i stepped in to the office and registered myself. the lady showed me to my locker and i put my bag down. i took off jong in's jacket and placed it in the locker.

i was then brought to the class, which was apparently really quiet and i had to introduce myself. i looked around and i did not see jong in.

i found an empty seat at the front and sat down.

after class, a blonde doe eyed boy approached me.

"hello" he said in chinese. hes chinese? well, he doesnt look like one!

"hi" i smiled slightly. "how did you know im chinese? from my accent?"

he laughed. "this school is pretty much an international school. there are so many chinese in our grade that we had a separate class."

"no wonder" i said. of course jong in is not here.

"oh, by the way, my name is luhan. whats your name?" he smiled.

"im si yoon." i bowed.

"do you want me to give your a school tour?" he asked.

"of course" i smiled.

we walked out of the classroom and walked into the classroom next to ours.

as soon as i entered the class, a paper plane hit my face.

luhan laughed before he shouted because the class was so noisy. "this is the other half of our class, you could say theyre totally opposite from us"

i looked around the class. no one seemed to approach us and talk. everyone knew we were here but they just did their own thing. i scanned the room one more time and i saw jong in. he was sitting on the table while leaning back with his hands on the table. he was giggling with his friend at the back of the class.

we left the class and i asked him.

"isnt this separation affecting the relationship between the two classes?"

"not really. only homerooms are separated, but usually classes are merge together. but still, the two classes dont really get along." luhan suddenly leaned in to me and my eyes widened.

"ive been in this school for a long time, so you could say im the exception" he winked.

we went back to our class after luhan toured me around the school.

"luhan!" a dark hair boy who looked pretty similar to luhan except that he has an attractive dimples as he smiled.

they did their bro hug and luhan introduced me to him.

"a-ah, new student. this is si yoon. and this is lay" lay brought his hands out and we shook hands. well, that was awkwardly formal.

luhan told me "lay always overslept thats why hes always late" he turned around and looked at lay, "right?"

lay nodded. "as usual" luhan scoffed.

"actually if you're really fluent in korean,  you could ask for a transfer to the other class. amber, xiumin and chen changed last year. i could change too, but i didnt want to leave lay. lay just came last year"

korean has been my second language since young, so you could say im pretty fluent. "i dont think i wanna transfer. the class is too huge and noisy compared to this class" i said. but actually because i dont wanna face jong in like i dont know him.

"i agree. most of them transfer because they find it pretty lonely here. but not for me, i like it here more" lay giggled.

"i think you can be pretty good friends with song qian. shes really close to amber but shes pretty lonely now without her. oh, there she is!"  luhan called her over and i turned around to look at her. she has a really slender and long body with those long silky straight black hair. wow, that face though.

"songqian, i think you guys should be friends. her name is si yoon" luhan said.

"im songqian" she said as she gave a quick smile to me before she returned to her face.

"songqian is actually a fun person to hang out with if you get to know her better" lay whispered but obviously audibly to everyone.

"okay okay, you can sit with me. im all alone anyway" she walked to her seat and pointed the seat beside hers.

class was over and she told me to join her for lunch.

we waited outside the other class for the rest of her friends to come out.

about a minute later, the classroom door opened and jong in came coming out. i awkwardly looked away. we dont know each other. we dont. i reminded myself.

"jong in, can you tell your dear krystal and the rest to quickly come out?" songqian rolled her eyes. jong in looked at her and then turned to me for a second. i looked down but I swear he was smiling. i saw his footsteps walked back into the classroom. dear krystal? oh, jong in has a girlfriend. well, hes pretty hot so-

"si yoon?? a-ah, i didnt introduce you to jong in because hes a jerk. thanks to krystal i have to face him" she interrupted my thoughts.

i laughed it off. "ah, i wasn't thinking about that actually"

the other 4 girls came out from the class.

"yo, whos this new girl?" the short blonde hair girl asked.

"this is si yoon. shes a transferred student and i thought maybe she could be a better friend than you" songqian said sarcastically.

"hey, dont say that. i might get hurt" she pouted before turning to me, "im amber, and im sorry you have to deal with songqian's bull" she joked as she shook hands with me.

i waved my hands and laughed abit, "no, songqians really nice"

"see? i can see the potential on si yoon that shes gonna be my best friend" songqian put her hands around my shoulders.

the striking blue bob hair girl stepped in. "okay guys, you're making her uncomfortable." she smiled at me. "my name is luna."

"and im sulli" the medium length girl beside luna said.

"krystal" the reddish brown long hair pretty girl said. wow, definitely way ier than songqian when i met her. oh. jong in's girlfriend right? they have the same attitude man. great match.

"nice to meet you all" i smiled. we had lunch together. they had been friends for a long time but songqian actually contemplated to transfer to the other class next year. she said she was fluent but wasnt ready. she also said that she preferred the class shes in right now.

"can a korean transfer to our class?" i asked.

"probably. if theyre bad at their own language. no one ever done that though" songqian replied.

"besides homeroom, what are the difference between both classes?"

"we have way more field trips and events. also, we take easier korean classes. chinese class is compulsory for us, so we have one less elective to choose. koreans can also take chinese, but itll obviously be too hard for them. luna took it two years ago and she barely passed it" amber snorted. luna slapped ambers back jokingly.

we finished our food and returned it to the counter.

"what class is it next?" luna said almost excitedly.

"freaking math. oh at least si yoon will be together with us" amber replied.

"oh we'll be together?" i asked.

"yes, all the main courses are merged except korean classes. social studies, math and at least two sciences are compulsory."

"just a warning though. our math teacher is really strict, so do your homework" amber whispered audibly to me. i laughed, "its okay, im pretty hardworking"

we entered the class and they all went to their respective seats. this was unexpectedly quiet compared to the class just now.

the bell rung and i saw jong in ran into the class. he saw me and I turned away.

the teacher called me over and told me to introduce myself.

i bowed and introduced myself. "im siyoon and im a transferred student"

"okay si yoon... why dont you sit at the back in the corner there? we will do a new seating arrangement next week after i have seen your performance"

at the back in the corner... no way. do i have to sit beside jong in?

i walked to the seat uncertainly but the teacher nodded his head. damn it.

jong in is sure good at acting not to know me. i shook my head and sat down. must not talk to jong in.

the teacher was teaching when i heard some mumbling. i turned around and jong in was leaning to me. i looked at him and he whispered again. "huh?" i asked, slightly too loud.

a few students turned behind and jong in quickly lied on the table. oops.

he grumbled and tore a small piece of paper from his notes and wrote something down. he fling it at me afterwards.

"hows school so far?" was what he wrote.

"so far so good. until just now" i replied.

"i know right, our math teacher "

"not really. its because i had to sit beside you. but its alright, hes gonna change it next week" i placed the paper on his table and read it. i heard him grumbled once again.

he threw the paper back but ends up flying to the floor. i clicked my tongue and i got up to get it. "he wont. he always say he does but ends up forgetting"

"ill remind him then. dont throw the paper, i wont be picking up next time"

i saw him actually grinning before writing. "anyway, i saw that you are friends with song qian. is she nice to you?"

"yeah"

"thats good because shes always mean to people"

"i heard that too. maybe i just have the charm" i wrote and laughed at my own reply. he read it and then flicked my forehead once again. i tried to not make any sound as i rubbed my temple.

"jong in! youre not sleeping for the first time. what are you doing?" the teacher shouted which made me jump, and most probably jong in too. jong in quickly hide the note in his pencilcase before the teacher walked to us. the whole class was looking at our direction.

"what are you doing?" the teacher repeated.

"im listening in your class today?" he said and the whole class "woo"-ed at him.

"like you would do that! i caught you grinning by yourself" he said while he looked under the table for a phone, I guess.

"i just cant sleep when theres a girl next to me" he said. the class "woo"-ed again.

"then if youre awake please copy the notes down. i will check after class" he said before he walked back to the front of the class.

we didnt talk anymore after that because the teacher was constantly looking at our direction every second. the bell rung and teacher dismissed the class. before i could leave, kai stopped me. "si-" i looked at kai but he was interrupted by the teacher.

"jong in! let me see your notes" he growled softly. "nevermind" he mouthed to me before taking his notes to the teacher:

i checked my schedule list. first period is always homeroom, followed by korean class and then lunch. after that is just pretty much randomize for the 5 days. but for today, we have socials and then chinese.

socials was also a full class, but this time it was free seating.

the clique was fighting to sit at the front and the back.

"i really dont like sitting at the back. i cant see anything" amber said.

"nah uh. he always ask the front row people questions. and also you cant use your phone" sulli said.

"why use your phone when you come to school to study?" she shot back.

sulli rolled her eyes.

"what do you think?" luna smiled and looked at me. i  frowned and pointed at myself. "me?"

"anywhere... uhm in the middle?" i said. to be honest, i rather sit in front.

krystal shrugged and just walked to the back.

krystal and sulli sat right at the back, while the rest of us sat one row in front of them.

i saw luhan and lay and i waved at them. damn, they do really look like brothers. they both smiled and they sat a seat in front us.

"hey... seems like youre doing well on your first day of school!" luhan turned his chair around and faced me.

"yeah. thanks to you two and song qian" i smiled.

"i realize youre a really sweet talker. and i do not like it" song qian joined us. i know shes joking.

i was so immerse in our conversation that i didnt know jong in was right behind luhan.

"why the hell are you sitting in front?" jong in said annoyingly.

"because theres no seat at the back?" luhan pointed out. i turned around to look and indeed there were no seat.

jong in shruggged and sat beside luhan. he said act like i dont know him... but how is that gonna happen when were always sitting so close together?

jong in then lied down on the table. phew. at least hes not interacting.

luhan and i not having a conversation when kai came is so awkward. i took out my water bottle and took a gulp.

"anyway, where do you live?" luhan suddenly asked and i was on the edge to spit out my drink. i saw jong in jolt up and he lied down again. he was listening...

"uhm, somewhere pretty far. i dont really know where though, sorry" i excused myself.

"ah its alright, you take the bus?" luhan said.

i nodded my head. "really? jong in does too! maybe you two should make friends and be bus buddies, even though he can be quite a jerk" luhan said eagerly. i laughed it off. dont even. no.

luhan turned towards jong in and shook him up. jong in didnt care but he shook him harder until jong in got up and scolded vulgarities at him.

"si yoon takes the bus too" luhan repeated for him, which he obviously already heard just now.

"so?" he answered back as he looked at me.

"you guys can take the bus together" luhan said.

"we already did," jong in said and my eyes widened. is he gonna confess?

"i saw her this morning" he said and i sighed mentally.

"when can we go to your house again? last week was pretty fun" lay said and he smiled widely.

"i told you guys last week that you guys come anymore because of some reason right?" jong in replied.

"yeah, but you didnt tell us the reason. i mean, we've been always going to each others house every week since last year" lay pouted.

"my mum doesnt allow anymore. she didnt tell me why" jong in excused himself.

"yeah, when your mum is like the nicest person ever. she even said "see you next week" when we left last week" luhan shot back.

"she probably slipped it out of her mind because she had been saying that for months" jong in laughed awkwardly.

"dont tell me... you have a secret girlfriend?" lay teased. wait, isnt krystal kais girlfriend? i turned around and looked at krystal and she was looking at our direction.

jong in gulped and shook his head. "ha no way, i never thought about those things"

the bell rung and the teacher came in on time.

chinese class was next and last class of the day, and it was one of the most boring class of today. song qian and i sat beside each other and i could say that we bonded quite a bit.

after school i went to my locker and i realized jong in's locker was right beside me. beside his was krystal. they were both there chatting, and i awkwardly mumbled "excuse me" so jong in can get the hell out of my way.

i felt him smirked and he blocked my locker more. i pushed him lightly and pray hard krystal did not see me. i looked at her and as i see no reaction, i sighed in relief.

i put my stuffs on the floor with my phone facing up and i unlocked my locker.

while i was rumbling my lockers, my peripheral version saw jong in closed his lockers and leaned out it as he whipped out his phone. he began typing and after about 5 seconds and placed back into his pockets.

my phone suddenly lit up with a ring and i saw that the sender was jong in. all three of us turned and had our focus on the phone. jong in noticed and he kick my stuffs away with my phone with his legs in case krystal sees it.

"why did you do that for?" krystal snapped at jong in.

"i dont know, it was just my reflexes" he said.

before krystal could help me with my stuffs that was kicked over, I quickly took my phone and put it in my pocket. she stacked everything neatly and passed it to me. "im sorry on his behalf, i had no idea what he was doing"

"it's alright," i said, "its probably my stuff that was at his side"

she turned and punched kai in the arm. "loser" she said. as soon she turned away, i rolled my eyes on jong in. i wanted to pass jong in his jacket, but krystal wasnt leaving. i put it on me because it was bulky and i didnt want to hold it in my hands. i slammed my lockers and left right after.

i fished out my phone and started walking towards the door.

"wait for me at the bus stop" jong in wrote. i smiled as i shook my head.
i walked to the door and passed by luhan and the rest. luhan saw me and stopped me.

"yo yo si yoon! leaving already?" he asked.

"yeah?" i walked towards him.

"do you need a lift?" he asked.

"nah its alright, i really live really far." i said and i readjusted the jacket that was hanging on my shoulders.

luhan expression changed as he frowned.

"wait, is that jong in's jacket?" he asked. oh my god. i panicked on the inside.

"this? of course not" i excused myself. find an excuse, si yoon. okay, it obviously looked too big on me so it cant be mine.

"oh, because jong in wear a jacket that look exactly like that everyday like since i met him?"

"oh really? its my boyfriend's" i said quickly. wow, that was a bad lie.

"ey, you have a boyfriend? damn, there goes my chance" luhan said. i hope hes joking.

amber jumped on me from behind.

"si yoon!" she exclaimed.

"hey amber" i said awkwardly.

"when can we go to your house?" she asked.

"ah, i wish i could, but my host family doesnt allow friends to come over. so sorry!" i lied. once again.

"ah really? its okay, come over to my house instead someday together with the other girls. oh, krystal has a really nice apartment, we went once and messed up the whole place. we were not allowed to go anymore." amber chuckled.

"really? that must be really funny." i laughed, "of course. ill love to go to all your houses"

"yeah, we should really hang out. anyway, see you tomorrow. my dad is calling" she said as she showed me her phone ringing.

i waved goodbye and left the school. i put in my earphones as I walked across the road. jong in was already there.

i saw him and i acted like i didnt see him.

my volume wasnt that loud, so i could hear jong in repeating calling me, each time getting louder.

"si yoon!" he shouted. i turned and looked at him. his lips started moving and because he was talking i couldnt really hear him. i just nodded my head but before i could turn away he pulled my earphones out from my ear.

"im talking to you" jong in said straightly.

"oh, i see" i said sarcastically.

he shut his eyes and shook his head. he reopened them and then spoke again.

"why are you so late anyway?" he asked, all annoyed.

"luhan and amber talked to me" i said.

"you know we missed two buses, because of you?" he said.

"so?" i said.

"we have to wait for another 20 minutes. ive been here for about half an hour already" he said.

my heart sank a little. i felt bad, but i can't express it. "i didnt ask you to wait for me" i said nonchalantly.

"i already texted you. i dont want you to end up waiting when i leave" he replied.

"well you could text me again" i looked at him.

he paused before speaking again. "I forgot" he said.

i laughed abit before i put on my earphones again.

jong in pull both earphones off from my ears and snatched my phone.

"hey!" i shouted at him.

"thats your punishment" he said.

i playfully glared at him and then giggled to myself. i looked out to the road and let myself to be immerse to the sounds of the cars swishing by.

"so hows school today?" he suddenly asked.

"it was alright. wasnt as bad as i thought" i replied. "is it always like this?" i asked.

"whats like this?" he looked at me.

"just you by yourself everyday waiting for the bus" i said and i looked back at him.

he shook his head. "theres always a few students, but because ive been already here for half an hour-"

"okay. i see" i interrupted him before he keep rumbling on.

"how does the rest always go home? do they all have their parents bringing them home?"

"yeah. they live pretty near too. some like lay usually had luhans parents bringing him to school too. he live pretty near, that's why" he said.

"what about songqian and the rest?" i asked.

"songqian live right next to the school. the rest had their parents bringing them home. oh, i think sulli and luna goes home together using lunas dads car" he replied.

"oh.." i said. i couldnt think of any more questions to continue the conversation. we sat there quietly until the bus came.

the bus was pretty empty so i found a random seat and sat inside. jong in followed and sat beside me.

"why are you squeezing with me when theres so many seats?" i asked, while pointing to the empty seats everywhere.

"i dont like sitting inside." he excused himself.

"then you could sit outside" i shot.

"that would be disrespectful" he said. i rolled my eyes. whatever. i dont want any strangers sitting beside me anyway.

the bus got more packed each stop and my eyes were closing. today was a really long day.

the bus was swaying that my head fell on jong ins shoulders. ah, this is comfortable. please dont push me away. i readjusted myself and laid on his shoulders. he didnt push me away.

"si yoon! we're reaching. wake up" he slapped my arms and i jolted up.

we walked home together and the aroma of home cooked food embraced us as we stepping in.

jong ins mum greeted us.

"aw, is that jong ins jacket?" that was the first thing she asked as soon as she looked at me.

"o-oh," I stuttered, "sorry." i said and removed at that instant. i passed it to jong in and he took it.

"no it's alright, i can see you're pretty close to jong in" she smiled as she clasped her hands together.

jong in sighed loudly and walked past his mum.

i waved. "no, i was cold this morning" i said.

"ah, so how was school today?" she asked as we were walking to the dining room.

"it was good. the students were really nice" i smiled.

jong in's mum sat down and there was only one empty seat beside jong in. i sat beside him and we tucked in.

jong ins mum asked me a tons of questions during dinner that it gotten so awkward to the point when she asked: "do you find any good looking boys there?" and it was right in front of jong in. what should i say? well jong in is good looking, luhan is pretty good looking, lay is cute...

"yeah all of them" i said in the end.

"what about our dear jong in?" she said and jong in choked on his food. he coughed while i awkwardly patted his back.

"i have a boyfriend" i lied.

"oh my, you do? with a pretty girl like you, of course I should have expected" she expressed.

"do you have a picture of him?" jong in's dad suddenly asked. in china, i had a close friend, and his name is kris. we were not childhood friends or whatever, but as soon as we met, we instantly click. its weird how we are not a couple, but we probably never thought of each other to that extent. before i left for korea, we hung out for the very last time and he keep insisting to have a picture together with him so we took a selfie.

i fished out my phone and looked for the picture. i scrolled to last week and bam. found it. i smirked to myself mentally. i think we look close enough.

i passed my phone to jong in's dad. he put on his glasses and leaned back alittle. he tilted the phone and showed mrs.kim too.

"ah, no wonder you show no interest to the boys here. he is really hot" mrs.kim said. mr.kim beside her nodded his head.

"son, you far from this" mr.kim laughed and showed the picture to jong in. oh my.

i looked at jong in and noticed his expressions. nope. did not change at all. he looked unpleased and just put my phone on the table facing down. he picked up his utensils again and started eating. did he not notice us just staring at him?

he finally seemed to notice and looked up. "oh," he swallowed his food, "so?"

"buff up a little kid. its time to get a girlfriend" mr.kim said as he scooped up his food.

"dad!" jong in exclaimed, "why are you talking this so freely when someone is here..." he mumbled.

"si yoon doesnt mind right?" mr.kim said as he looked at me.

"no no..." i waved awkwardly.

the conversation ended there and we all ate silently. i could feel jong in's angry vibe emitting out from his body.

he was the first to finish his food and went up to his room without a word.

"he might look cool, but inside hes just shy about stuff like this" mr.kim said to me.

i looked back and see if jong in was hiding around or something. "does he ever has a girlfriend?" i whispered.

both of them laughed. "never" mr.kim said.

"how was jong in in school?" mrs.kim asked.

"oh, he's one of the popular guy in school" i said, ignoring the sleeping in math part.

"we know that. we can see by his marks." he sighed, "talkative, always sleeping in class, not doing well for academic"

I was done with dinner and i helped to clean the table and washed some of the dishes.

"you dont have to do this, i can do it myself. ive been doing it everyday by myself for 20 over years" mrs.kim said.

"hey, i did help too," mr.kim joined. "well, sometimes" he laughed away.

"i can help to put the clean plates back into the cupboard" i said.

"alright, just today okay." she laughed and passed me a washed plate.

once i done my duty, i went up and while i was about to reach my room, i felt someone pulled me and of course, its jong in. before i could pull back i was brought into his room.

i looked at him. i dont even want to say what, because im expecting him to say something.

"since we're in the same math class now... can i copy your homework?" he said.

"no way" i looked away from him. "it took me an hour to do it and now you wanna copy it for free and be done with math in less than 5 minutes?"

"what you want me to pay you?" he said and i looked back at him.

he suddenly smirked and walked closer to me. my eyes widened as i took a step back everytime he stepped forward. i felt my back reached the wall and I quickly voiced out.

"w-what are you doing" i stuttered. he leaned down on me.

"a kiss? a one night stand? friends with benefit?" he said in his deep raspy voice.

i laughed and pushed him back. "says the one who never had a girlfriend and gets ing shy when the topic is about romance"

he angrily sighed. "what do you want then?"

i honestly have nothing i want from him. fake boyfriend? nah, i already have a "fake boyfriend". a one night stand? well im not that desperate. besides, i bet he's inexperienced. be my friend in school? nah uh, i like how it is now.

"i dont know yet, but we could save that for next time. i let you copy, but if you fail your next math test, thats it" i said.

he looked at me with his eyes wide open. "how did you know? dont tell me my parents told you"

i nodded my head. "your dad, to be exact"

"damn it dad" he cursed. "and if i keep on passing?" he looked at me.

"nope. it'll increase. so if you pass 50% on the next coming test, the next test is 60%, 70% so on until 100%"

"what? even 50% is already ing impossible for me" he said.

"i cant let you copy my work for free. either you continue failing or get your work done and pass and see the smile on your parents face" i smirked.

"i would accept you, but 100% is impossible" he said.

"okay. since its really impossible to get a 100%, the maximum will stay at 90%. and instead of every 10% increase, ill give 5% instead. okay?" i said.

"but our teacher . i dont have tuition too, so whos gonna teach me?" he asked. he looked really serious in this, and i was starting to get serious as well. i was actually joking, but after he accepted our condition, damn he looked determined.

"if you really really really need my help, i can help you" i said. i am busy too, so i dont have time for you. besides, i dont owe you anything dude.

"deal" he said almost excitedly. "now give me your homework" he said. the next test is in one week time, i hope he actually knows it.


holy- this is like 10x longer than the first chapter! anyway, the updates can be ranged from a month to 2/3 months since i am in the last year of high school! also, because i have another like 4-5 uncompleted stories here :/ out of all the stories, i think this is the only one where i put in the most effort. i hope you guys liked it and comment your opinions so far on my story! subscribe if you havent, and you think if i deseve a upvote, itll make my day! see you!