Day 88

100 Days To You
Day 88

we went to school together as usual but were not talking as much. after we alighted the bus, jong in walked ahead without me.

while i was walking to my locker, someone backhugged. luna? amber? no.... why does the chest feels sturdy? a guy?!

he released then covered my eyes. "guess who am i" that obvious voice said. of course. its taemin. i spun around.

"taemin! youre back!" i said.

he hugged me again. "do you know youre the first one on my mind as soon as i reached school?" he said.

"oh my god..." that cheesiness. it doesnt even make me cringe, it feels like im already used to it for years.

"hug me back" he said annoyingly. oh. i remembered i promised him to give him a hug. but then... 2 days ago teacher thought that jong in and i was more suited. I guiltily hugged him back. he pulled away and beamed.

he obediently waited for me beside me as i took out the materials for math class.

"so how are you?" i asked as we were walking to class together.

"tired. but when i see you it disappears" he looked at me and smiled. i smiled back.

"so hows school without me?"

"quiet, i guess" i giggled.

we walked into the classroom and i glanced across the room. the girls were already all there. even krystal was there. "its free seating today!" amber said and called us over. krystal was at the corner, so i had no choice to sit beside her. taemin automatically sat beside me.

krystal looked up at me for a second and back down.

everyone said hi except her. "hey" i casually replied.

jong in came in after us two minutes later and sat beside taemin.

they did a bro hug. they ended up chatting among themselves, while krystal and i awkwardly sat in the middle of the row.

"did jong in... told you anything yesterday?" krystal asked all of the sudden.

should i act like i dont know anything? or do i just say yes?

i nodded my head, because i wasnt able to reply.

"congrats" she said. i cant tell if it's sarcastic or not. i nodded my head again.

the bell rung and the math teacher shut the door.

"okay, i have marked your tests and i will be handing them out today." he said.

someone raised their hands. "how did we do it?"

"many passed. its an easy chapter when you practice. but i am very shocked with one boy."

he called out name by name to collect our paper.

"si yoon," the teacher called and i walked up.

"well done, keep it up" he said. i looked at my paper. almost perfect. damn it.

"and who hasnt receive their test yet?" he said and everyone looked around.

jong in raised his hands.

"he probably did really badly" people from the back whispered.

"the reason why i give you guys feee seating is because jong in got a perfect on his test" he said and the class went quiet.

perfect for his test... i thought he said he didnt do all of them?!

"huh, can you repeat that?" someone said and they laughed.

the teacher ignored him and the class clapped. jong in stood up almost proudly and took his paper. he looked at me and i smiled.

i told you. jong in can do it.

taemin was shocked and looked at him.

"how the hell- i mean what?! youve been always the top in the worst! what did you do?!"

jong in kept quiet and looked at me. he winked at me when no one was looking. i winked back at him.

class ended and i went to the washroom. krystal was touching up her makeup.

should i say hey...?

i bowed when she looked at me.

"im just wondering.... but how did you and jong in even got together? you guys dont even talk in school" she said.

"ah.... uhm.... somehow..." i said.

"what somehow-"

"yo wassup" amber said as she entered. "how did you guys do for the test?"

"i passed." krystal washed her hands.

amber looked at me. "what about you?" i repeated back.

"almost perfect" she said excitedly. i smiled. "me too" i said. we hi-5 and realized krystal already left.

i walked to my locker and saw jong in and krystal. krystal started talking to jong in and they ended up leaving together.

i sighed alittle. did i just felt a little jealousy? I mean, he said that i was the only girl who really knows him right?

i took my stuff and left to the studio.
the next class was dance.

i entered the class and only jong in and krystal was there. should i join them? i mean, the tension is gonna be so strong right?... well, krystal thinks that im jong in's girlfriend, but i cant just go up and do intimate stuffs with him right? its so awkward! where is taemin?!

i ignored them and i sat down at the corner and pretend that i was getting ready.

"dont mind me si yoon... ill be okay" she said out loud and i turned to her. she gestured me to come over. i panicked a little and glance at jong in.

"ah, shes a little shy" jong in said.

"come on, ive never seen you guys together before. when i first saw you guys hugging at the shop i was pretty shocked." krystal stood up and walked towards to me. she took my hands and dragged me to jong in.

i sat down beside him and krystal sat right in front of us. "you two might make me suspicious if theres no skinship, since i already know all about it" she said. what does she want?

jong in hands slide onto my hands on my lap and took it. my heart raced as i controlled my emotions. i have really sweaty palms... sorry jong in...

jong in raised an eyebrow to krystal.

"ah, okay..." she said. she tilted her head and spoke up in a more bubbly tone. "actually you two really look good together"

"not sarcastic?" jong in asked.

she shook her head. "so how did you two meet and got together?"

"just somehow" he said and looked at me.

"that was what she said too. you guys are really compatible" she said, shaking her head.

i laughed abit and jong in squeezed my hands. i squeezed back.

taemin suddenly came in. i hurried to pulled away from jong in.

he walked in front of us and stood cooly with "oh, showing some skinship in school?"

"what, you knew they were together ?" krystal asked.

"yeah. we hung out together. i was a third wheel."

"god, i always thought you and si yoon were pretty suspicious. like you know, so close in a short time. now i know why"

the teacher came in and he made us sit on the floor.

"last week... i tried putting si yoon and jong in together because you two werent here... and i wanted to swap partners. is that okay?" he said.

"what? really, teacher? me, with taemin? havent you seen us dance together before? way before jong in joined the team?"

he nodded his head. "then i guess we cant change. we have to stay as it is. i cant selfishly change this into a solo pair performance"

krystal groaned loudly. god she might actually hate me so bad now.

after class it was lunch. before i could head to the cafeteria, someone took my hand and dragged me with him.

"taemin?" i said.

he didnt say anything and continue to drag me upstairs to the rooftop.

he shut the doors behind me and i looked at him.

"why are we here?"

he ignored me and walked to the edge.

"jong in and i might know everything about each other. but theres one thing he doesnt know about me" he looked out and i followed beside him.

"what... it is?" i asked and the breeze hit our faces.

"this. before you came, ive been always hiding up here" he said. it took a moment for me to take it. oh. thats why on the very first day luhan asked he was finally eating. i was wondering what was that.

i kept quiet. i didnt know what to say. ive never seen this side of taemin before, and i honestly feel like i dont know him at all.

he laughed abit. "arent you gonna ask why?"

i looked at him. "i was about to"

"even though we were boys and we werent any like official boy group and stuff, but they were really strict. i wanted to quit, but when I first talked about it everyone thinks im joking. people think im always happy, but im not."

i never thought taemin was like that. i wanted to hug him, but honestly i should just keep listening on.

"why me?" i asked.

"i... i honestly dont know. i feel comfortable with you. since the moment i first seen you, i already feel connected to you" he said and my eyes widened. he laughed away and i felt lost.

"just kidding! maybe its because your secret is with me too" he said.

we kept quiet for awhile as we feel the breeze and listen to the noise from downstairs.

"im glad im able to tell you this. ive been bottling this up for about a year." he said.

"do... you need a hug?" i asked. i mean, it might be a bit inappropriate to hug him without asking.

 "why not?" he smiled and i giggled. he came into my arms and we hugged for awhile.

"i wont be here for awhile, since were having a hiatus for now" he said as we pulled back.

"but why did you bring me up?" i was really curious, so i had to ask.

"the dance class today. i felt kinda sad about what teacher said today. even both of you are my best friends, i felt kinda betrayed."

"im sorry... since he decided not to switch, we are still partners. we can make this better, right?" i smiled.

"right, we better. i dont want to be krystals partner on the next competition." he said and i laughed.

the bell rung, and we quickly left the rooftop before people see us coming down from there.

"where did you go the whole time? i was looking for you!" luna said as she came up to me.

"you were not in the cafeteria again!" luhan said to taemin.

"where did you two go?" lay said i and gulped. i thought we were not gonna get caught.

jong in caught up and looked at us.

"ah, si yoon was helping me with math. i wasnt here for the past few days, and i asked her" he said and i sighed.

"where did you two went?" jong in asked as soon as he caught up with him. it was after school, and we were at the bus stop waiting for the bus.

"who?" i asked. i knew he was asking about taemin and i. but i already promised taemin. i can't tell him anything.

"you and taemin. during lunch"

"oh, yeah. i was teaching him math. hes a pretty fast learner" i smiled it away.

"oh yeah? he already have a private tutor at home. why do he even need you anyway?"

crap. "no idea, you can ask him" I quickly said.

"you two are definitely hiding something. whatever, i know you like him" he said almost angrily.

"like him?" i replied in the same tone.

"look at the way you smile when you talk about him" he rolled his eyes.

"yeah, at least its not you!" i stated rudely. i felt bad as soon as it leaves my mouth, but he was the one who started it right?

"well, im glad its not me" he emphasized. i got so pissed off that i walked to the other side of the bus stop.

the bus came, and i shot a quick glare at jong in before running up onto the bus. i sat behind on the right while jong in followed and sat on the left at the same row.

we didnt walk home together. he walked right in front of me, shut the gate in front of me, locked the door before i could even get in.

i ignored him and went to my room.

i allowed my body to fall on the bed.

as soon as i shut my eyes, the bell started ringing. i thought jong in would get it, but it kept ringing. i got up from my bed and went out of my room.

i walked past his room and ran down the stairs. i looked through the eyehole to see who was it. the least person i was expecting. why is krystal here? she doesnt know i live here, right? then, why is she here for jong in?

i ran up quickly and without knocking i barged into jong in's room.

he was sleeping. topless.

ignoring that, i shook him hard.

"krystal. krystal is at the door" i panicky said.

luckily he wasnt in a deep sleep, so he was still pretty conscious. he stood up while i grabbed a random t-shirt and threw it at him. he gave me a face.

"youre , dude" i returned the same expression back to him.

"arent you leaving?" he raised an eyebrow as he put on the t-shirt.

"nah. ill just stay in my room. why would she go to my room?" i replied nonchalantly and walked back to my room. i already learnt my lesson.

jong in went down and i heard the door opened.

"hey krystal... what brings you here?" jong in asked.

"i havent been to your house for a long time. we really drifted apart ever since high school, right?" she said.

"yeah," he laughed it away. "come in," he continued. i heard shuffling, but they stayed downstairs.

"is there anyone at home?" krystal asked.

"no" he said, sounded uncertain.

she laughed it away. "can i go up to your room then?" she asked.

"why? i mean, its really messy!" he laughed.

"its totally fine with me. im pretty dirty too" she said.

jong in laughed it off a bit. that sounded a bit wrong if you didnt hear their conversation from the start.

i heard the steps coming up, and I panicked a bit.

"anyway, whats that room beside your room? is it still a storeroom?" krystal asked, and i saw the door handle moved.

"dont go in!" he shouted. there was a short silence until he broke it again.

"theres a lot of mouses in there. we already called the pest control department, so they will clear it next week" he said quickly.

"ah, thanks for telling me. imagine if i open the door and the rats all running out over my feet?" her voice went an octave higher.

i heard the feet shuffling away and into jong in's room.

i took a deep breath in relief as i put my head against the wall between my room and jong in's.

i frowned where there wasnt any sound.

"jong in, do you want to know why im here?" krystal asked.

"you just said it. to hang out and catch up" he replied and i held my laughter.

"dont you like me?" she asked. oh no. i knew this was going to happen.

"i like you krystal. we've been friends since young."

again, there was pure silence.

"sorry krystal, i have a girlfriend" he said.

"why si yoon?" her tone sounded different from just now.

i cant hear this any longer. i stood up and find my keys.

"i dont even know how you met her. we've been friends since forever and then when she came into our school you guys suddenly have been a couple for a long time?" she shouted.

i walked out and took my jacket before i left the house.

i ran to the bus stop. are we gonna get busted?

the bus came. i was about to get up when someone pulled me back.

"where are you going?" he said.

i turned around and looked at him.

taemin.

"ah, shopping?" i said, almost looking too quirky. good acting, but over exaggerating.

"why are you here?" i asked.

"didnt jong in told you? you know the group that i am in? the agency wants to talk to him today"

"so youre going to his house now?" i asked. he nodded his head. no he can't. he is gonna see krystal. who knows what they are doing now? i cant tell taemin.

"are you two kids boarding the bus?" the bus driver said angrily.

i took taemin's hands and pull him up the bus with me.

the door shut behind us.

"wait what was that for?" taemin asked as we sat down.

find an excuse, find one.

"i cant go shopping alone right? i need someone local to show me the best places"

he laughed. "alright, ill just text him to go by himself." he took out his phone and typed quickly before putting it back into his pocket.

after a few stops he rung the bell and we got off the bus.

it was already dark. however, the street food stalls lit up brightly.

"time to eat unhealthily!" he pretended to stretch. i laughed.

"youre not on a diet right?" he turned and looked at me.

"never ever had one" i winked.

"good, because today ill be feeding you and make sure youll be filled to the brim"

"thanks, but that sound really nasty" i pushed him away playfully.

i walked ahead first, before he quickly  caught up and hook his arms around my neck.

"what shall we get first?" he said casually.

i glanced through the whole street, from bubble tea to fried food.

"lets get a drink first" i pointed at the store.

he shook his head and dragged me to the other direction.

"one bottle of soju, and beef please!" taemin shouted as soon as we found a seat.

"arent we underage?" i whispered.

"come on, are you seriously whispering? its so loud in here. come closer" he said and i leaned in right beside his ear.

i blushed a bit before i spoke up again. "arent we underage?"

"we are, but i know the owner of this stall. this is the only place i get soju" he laughed.

an uncle who probably worked here walked over placed a glass bottle of soju with two small glasses. he the fire for us.

taemin opened the bottle and pour the soju out into my cup. he poured for himself before lifting up his cup.

"cheers to our friendship!" he said and we bumped our cups together.

he drunk down all at once.

i was still looking at him, with the full cup still in my hands.

"one shot, one shot, one shot!" he chanted.

i shut my eyes and took the entire gulp.

i cringed a little at the taste.

"taemin," i called out while placing the cup down.

"yeah?" he smiled a little.

"does this really let you forget all the sorrows?" i slipped out of my mouth. i didnt even know why i said that.

he laughed, thinking i was just joking. "just temporary"

i poured another shot for myself. and again.

the food came and taemin placed the seasoned beef onto the hot plate.

"ah, your face is so flushed" taemin pinched my cheeks.

my face went hotter.

the alcohol is starting to kick in. i feel faint, and can barely think.

taemin was talking to me. i just looked at him. he laughed and took a cooked beef and fed me.

i laughed back, not knowing what he was saying, except that i gladly take whatever he feed me.

i knew i was feeling worse when i stood up. i could barely walk. taemin put his arms around me and allowed me to lean on him as he support me.

he flagged for a taxi and we looked like we were heading home.

the taxi stopped outside the house and taemin paid for the fare.

i exited the taxi first, and i pressed the door bell.

i heard the front door opened immediately and i saw a silhouette  running towards me.

he held onto me as i fell into his arms. sounds a little dramatic. i giggled a little.

"what the were you doing?" jong in shouted at me.

taemin came out from the taxi.

"what did you do to her?" i felt jong in held me tighter.

i pushed jong in away.

"stop" i stood by myself giddily and put my hands out.

jong in grabbed taemin in the collar.

"dont try to do anything when you dont even bother bringing her around when its your duty, let alone acting as strangers in school, seriously? is that necessary? you dont even treat her like a person." jong in's loosened his grip and pushed taemin, causing him to stumble backwards.

"whatever. you dont have to get her drunk right?"

"she got home safely anyway. why do you even need to get so mad when you dont even want to talk to her in school?"

"leave. leave before i ing punch you"
 
"wow wow, getting protective over a girl? since when jong in does that?" taemin giggled drunkenly.
 
jong in stomped toward taemin. before he could punch him, i clinged onto him and went into complete darkness. 

im back! ive been gone so long that i forgot what i wrote in my story and have to read it over LMAO. If you're curious why ive been gone for so long, check my feed! good news is that im trying to finish all my incomplete stories before i go back to university! stay tuned and thank you for subscribing to my story!