Day 69

100 Days To You
day 69
tomorrow is the day of the dance competition. throughout the week, i spend a lot of time with amber and it feels like we’re bffs now. ever since that day, i havent talked to kai at all. he never texted me either. 
 
“i love you, si yoon, but when are you going home? i dont think its right to leave your host family. they must be worrying about you.” amber asked as we were in the car on the way to school.
 
“yeah. im planning the “im sorry” speech to them. i promise ill be out in the next few days.” i lied. i applied to a few part time jobs during the past few days. one of the postings replied me, so ill be going for the interview later tonight. 
 
“no, no. take your time.” amber grinned. 
 
“thanks for being such a good friend,” i said genuinely, from the bottom of my heart. i gave amber a big hug.
 
“no problem, si yoon. see you after school?” amber asked as we reached school.
 
“ah. taemin and i have a dance competition tomorrow... so we’ll be practicing after school.”
 
class went pass fast as usual. maybe because im nervous for the competition. or maybe because im nervous for the interview later.
 
“wheres krystal?” sulli asked as she sit down at our tables during lunch.
 
“wasnt she with you?” luna asked.
 
“no?” sulli replied.

its finally the last class of the day, which is dance. while i was walking to the locker, i saw krystal and jong in standing by the lockers.
 
its impossible to avoid them huh? i rolled my eyes and walked towards them. 
 
but then what she did almost made me broke down on the spot.
 
as soon as she noticed me, she leaned in and gave jong in a peck on the lips. he didnt even push her away.
 
i kept myself cool and continue walking towards them.
 
“oh my. si yoon. im sorry...” she feigned as if she just noticed me. jong in turned around and his eyes widened at the sight of me.
 
“oh no. im okay. we’re over right, jong in?” i said as i felt a stung in my heart.
 
jong in couldnt even respond.
 
“oh okay. thats a relieve to hear. because we’re dating now.” krystal replied nonchalantly. 
 
i felt like the world just stopped. after so many hurdles we’ve gone through, jong in just accepted her? just like this? 
 
but thats okay. that means i can stop pretending everything’s okay. i can finally move back and i dont have to worry about finding a job.
 
“i mean... im not sure why you are telling me this but congratulations? you can find out how his finally feels like.” i shot at her and i felt the tension in the air.

“oh oops. i guess i was too blunt. im gonna head to the studio first. see you there,” i slammed my lockers shut and walked away. alright si yoon. you kept your cool. well done.
“good job today. please rest well for tomorrow’s competition. i expect you guys to sleep before midnight with 8 hours of sleep. i will see you guys tomorrow then. good luck!” the dance teacher said before he took off. kai and krystal followed right after. i sighed in relief as i dont have to continue seeing them practice in front me.
 
“hey taemin. you ready for tomorrow?” i asked as i walked towards him.
 
“i am. you?” taemin smiled as he continue doing his stretching. 
 
i nodded.  “we really have to get this bread.” i said passionately.
 
taemin laughed. “seeing you this motivated, i feel like i have to work a thousand times harder.”
 
“just do your best. shall we start practicing?” i beamed.

2 hours later
 
“do you want me to drop you off at amber’s house?” taemin said as he took a big gulp of water.
 
i quickly checked the time on my phone. oh no. its almost time for my interview.
 
“ah!.. no its okay. i told amber ill be grabbing my own dinner”
 
“oh really? that’s perfect! how about we have dinner together?”
 
“oh aha... lets pass today. i was planning to save money. im buying dinner from the convenience store.” i lied. 
 
“oh right. im sorry. but if you need any money, please dont hesitate to borrow from me.”
 
“thank you taemin. alright. im gonna go. im really hungry” i gestured myself out and i almost had to facepalmed myself at my excuse.
 
taemin laughed. “alright go, partner. ill see you tomorrow. sleep well” he smiled.
 
“you too!” i replied as i sighed in relief. my plan worked.
 
i quickly rushed to the convenience store.
 
“hi, sorry im late. im here for an interview.”

hey guys... um this is a really short chapter. next chapter has been written but i want to make sure there'll be no plotholes for the next upcoming chapters