Day 67

100 Days To You
day 67
 
“si yoon?” jong in’s coarse voice called out. my eyes shot open. holy crap. my whole body clung onto jong in’s like a koala.
 
i jumped off the bed almost immediately. 
 
“i am so sorry!” i shouted.
 
“my head...” jong in sat up and grabbed onto his head.
 
“what happen? did we do anything yesterday?” he looked at me.
 
“yesterday?!” i looked out to the window to confirm it was daytime.
 
“.” i cursed.
 
“what? did we just actually do something last night?” his eyes widened.
 
“no. cant you see we’re both still wearing our school uniform? if we had we would be ” i rolled my eyes as i check my phone.
 
12 missed calls and 25 message from amber.
 
and a text from taemin.
 
“hey i hope you got home safely last night. sorry i forgot to check in with you last night. see u at school later”
 
this doesnt seem normal like taemin. he seems sad? 
 
“you were super drunk yesterday. i brought you home but i guess i knocked out once i plopped down on your bed. sorry.” i said sincerely.
 
“ugh. why did i do that? did i say anything yesterday by any chance?”
 
did he forgot whatever he did yesterday...?
 
“im gonna go wash up. ill see you in school.” i said as i leave the room. he didnt stop me either.
 
after i washed up, i called amber.
 
“hey amber!” i chirped weirdly. pretend that everything is cool, si yoon.
 
“girl. where the are you?” amber said nonchalantly.
 
“i.. went home yesterday night. its a long story... but basically i have decided to move back. ill drop by and pick up my stuff later. no wait. we could have dinner together before i leave. itll be on me.” i lied.
 
“well, thats great! and okay! ill see you in school later and we can discuss more.”  
 
“okay! see you later!” 
 
“have you decided to move back?” jong in said as he stood casually by the door.
 
“wow! you scared me.” i jumped at the sight of him.
 
“no. im not ready...”
 
“then where will you be staying?” 
 
“why do you care so much?” i asked coldly. i cant do this. if he constantly become nice to me... i might just really fall for him.
 
“i...”
 
“dont you have a girlfriend? you should care for her instead.” i replied rudely and pushed him while i walked past him through the door. sorry... jong in. im doing this for the sake of us.

“hey taemin!” i beamed as i saw him by the locker.
 
“hey... whats up?” i asked out of concern when i noticed he looked upset.
 
“is that something got to do with yesterday’s good news?” i asked.
 
“yeah. im sorry i was so selfish yesterday. i left you two, and then i didnt bother to check on you guys if you guys got home safe.”
 
“taemin, i’d rather you care for your own wellbeing first. we all can take care of ourselves. whats wrong?... if you dont mind telling me.”
 
“well the agency called all of us to the studio last night. apparently our dance group has gotten so popular an investor was willing to pay and organize our world tour.” 
 
how should i react? i mean its good news, but he obviously doesnt want to be tied down to a strict routine again.
 
“taemin... i know that you dont like it... but im happy that you guys are getting more recognition! you guys have worked very hard to be where you are today.”
 
“we did...”
 
“does this mean that you’ll be gone for months?”
 
taemin nodded his head.
 
“with my current grades along with missing months of school... i might have to repeat a grade.”
 
“im so sorry. is there consequences if you quit?”
 
“unfortunately. we signed a contract, so terminating it is too expensive. its worth as much as a tuition fee for a 4-year university degree.”
 
“taemin... we will figure this out together okay? i dont mind taking extra notes and go through them with you using a video call. i mean, we’re in the 21st century? theres a way for everything.”
 
“but ill miss my friends. especially you.”
 
“i’ll definitely miss you alot too. you not being with me in school will feel so different. promise me you’ll video call me every night.”
 
“i will. thank you, si yoon.” 
 
my phone started ringing in my hands.
 
an unknown number?
 
“hello?” i answered.
 
“hello si yoon. i am pleased to tell you that you have been hired. because we are short of staff, will you be able to come in tonight?” 
 
“yes i can! thank you! see you tonight.” i chirped as i hung up.
 
“whats going on?” taemin raised an eyebrow.
 
“i applied for a job.” i whispered.
 
“what?! where?” he gaspsd.
 
before i could reply, i was interrupted by my phone again. this time it was an email.
 
“well? what is it?” taemin asked impatiently.
 
“and i have found a place to stay tonight.”

“i cant believe im letting you do this. do you know its dangerous?” taemin said angrily as soon as he entered the dance studio.
 
“well, whether if you’re letting me or not, im still going to do it.” i scoffed.
 
“i know. theres no choice but to let you be because you wont listen to me. but if anything happens, i cant be there for you because i wont be here.”
 
“dont worry too much. ill be fine. if you keep going you’re going to jinx it.” i said as i rolled my eyes playfully.
 
as soon as jong in and krystal walked in the studio, the atmosphere of the room changed.
 
the dance teacher followed behind and closed the door.
 
“alright guys. how are you guys feeling? good job for winning 1st and 3rd for this school! im very proud of your performances. for today’s class, we will rest and talk about the next competition.”
 
the dance teacher dragged a chair to the front of the room and sat down.
 
“because si yoon and taemin was first, they will represent us in the next competition. for kai and krystal, you guys will prepare for the school carnival.”
 
taemin raised his hands. 
 
“yes?”
 
“i’m afraid i wont be able to take part this upcoming competition. i will be gone for months... the agency told us that a sponsor was willing to organize a world tour for us.” 
 
“that’s unfortunate... lets see...” the dance teacher said as he looked at me before turning to look at jong in.
 
“alright. because taemin wont be part of this, jong in will take over his position. ive seen you two perform before, so this should not be a problem.... for krystal, you’ll prepare solo performance for the carnival.”
 
“i object! why are you taking my partner away? instead, kai and i should be participating in this competition instead. if youre taking my partner, you have to take me as well. you cant separate us like this.” krystal said angrily.
 
“si yoon was the reason why they were first. this is my final decision.”
 
so much for trying to avoid jong in. i turned to look at krystal. if looks could kill, i would have been dead by now. what am i going to do?

two updates in one day! this is a slightly shorter one hence im uploading this as while. quarantine got me sick of doing things i usually do hence the late update. anyways i got my together and have written up to day 6.... stay tuned