Day 36

100 Days To You

day 36

jong in’s pov

 

krystal wanted to meet me by the lockers before school starts.

 

“hey baby,” krystal said as soon as she felt me walking towards her.

 

after finding out the truth, i couldnt fake it to her anymore.

 

“dont baby me.” 

 

“hey... whats wrong?”

 

“whats wrong? youre wrong for manipulating an innocent girl to live on her own just because shes in your way of your goal!”

 

“and you believe her? a girl you just met a month ago? over your girlfriend who you have known since childhood?”

 

“i believed her thats why i dated you in the first place to find out what you were blackmailing her.”

 

“so you two ganged up on me and played me back.”

 

“she was hiding it all along. i forced her to say it out. leave her out of this.”

 

“wow. am i really seeing jong in being all concerned for a girl?” 

 

“krystal... just stop what youre doing. youre not only hurting someone else, but yourself as well.” i said tiredly.

 

“well i dont care. if i cant have you, you cant have her either.”

 

krystal took out her phone and sent a text message to the whole school.

 

everyones’ phone rung harmoniously at the same time, including mine. 

 

“omg! just spotted si yoon going into jong in’s house! is that why hes doing well in math? because jong in is giving si yoon ual favours in return for teaching him math? what a hoe!” i read it to myself.

 

in seconds, the picture caused an uproar to the whole school.

 

i saw si yoon, still oblivious about all these happening walking towards the locker with headphones on.

 

i walked towards her and took her hands.

 

si yoon’s pov

 

jong in walked towards me without looking away from me.

 

whats happening...? what happen to “pretend we dont know each other in school”?

 

he quickly took my hands. i took out one side of my headphones in confusion.

 

“we’re dating. thats why.” he said and everyone gasped.

 

“krystal released the photo. let me handle this,” he whispered.

 

“we’re pretending not to know each other because we’re dating...” he repeated.

 

he continued to hold my hands and we walked towards krystal.

 

“im disappointed in you, krystal. you spread false rumours and tried to ruin our reputation... just because i didn’t reciprocate your feelings for me.”

 

we ended up walking away from the hallway and walked towards our classroom.

 

he was still holding my hands.

 

“sorry i resorted to doing this.”

 

“no... thank you for doing this. if wasnt for you, this would have gone with krystal’s plan.”

 

“looks like alot of attention is on us. i’m gonna let you go,” jong in said as he finally let go of my hands.

 

i walked into the classroom and every students’ eyes is on me.

 

“spill.” luhan said.

 

“i thought you have a boyfriend?” lay added.

 

“yeah. ive been dating jong in... the boyfriend was jong in...” i said and it sounded so weird to my ears when i said it out loud.

 

“what about the guy you took a selca with? you told us he was your boyfriend” lay asked.

 

“yeah. it was all a cover up. hes a friend back home.” i replied. 

 

“oh! now i know! remember that time when i pointed out you were wearing a jacket similar to his? it was his all along!” luhan suddenly shouted.

 

“it was.” i winked at him.

 

“oh my god. dont tell me that was really you.” songqian entered the classroom.

 

“hey songqian... what about it?”

 

“amber told me that she saw kai on a date with a girl that looked like you.”

 

“at the fried chicken place?”

 

she nodded my head.

 

“yeah. that was me.”

 

“wait. so whats going on? wasnt kai and krystal dating? she was bragging and brushing it in our faces everyday.”

 

“well. krystal thought he was single like always. when krystal confessed, jong in decided to accept her so that they could do better for the competition. declining would make their relationship sour and it will affect the competition.” i hope i sounded legit.

 

“is that why she posted the picture because she was jealous after stalking jong in home and saw you going into his house?“ lay asked.

 

so by doing this and overturning krystal’s plan... we are making people think that krystal was just a jealous girl with unrequited love.

 

“wow. never knew krystal would stoop this low.” luhan said and i almost felt bad for krystal. a small side of me wished jong in never done anything.


the bell rung, signalling that it was lunch time.

 

“si yoon! how could you? i felt like i was being played. i cant believe you never told me about it despite living together for days. i thought i was your best friend.” amber sighed dramatically as she ran to our classroom.

 

“im sorry amber.” 

 

“you should have told us at least. at least you could give a heads up to krystal. you knew how much she liked jong in.” sulli said.

 

“i did... im very sorry.”

 

“its too late for that.” she replied.

 

“i understand why she did that. but what she did was still wrong. i never knew she would actually do this” luna added.

 

“was krystal with you guys?” i asked.

 

“she didnt come to class. everyones think she was wrong.” luna replied.

 

i saw jong in come out from his classroom.

 

“you guys go ahead. i have no appetite today.” i said as i ran after jong in.

 

once i caught up with him, i took his hands and brought him to the rooftop where taemin once always hang out. this was the only safe place i could talk to jong in.

 

“wow. how do you know this place?” he asked.

 

“its a secret. but this is a story for another time.”

 

“okay. so why are we here then?”

 

“i understand that you did that to protect us. but why couldn’t you say the truth instead? that we live together?”

 

“if i say that, it would sound more like an excuse. dating sounds like a good reason why we are hiding our relationship in the first place.”

 

“that makes sense... but it was a good opportunity to finally released the truth. now we’re just covering lies with lies. also... we made krystal the bad person. everyone is turning their back against her now. she couldnt even go to class. no one know where she is but no one tries to find her because they think she deserves it!”

 

“youre kidding me? i saved our , and thought you dragged me up here to thank me but instead.... youre scolding me for what i did? she blackmailed you, si yoon. do you know how serious that is? if anything, she deserve what shes getting now. she threatened you to turn your back on me, move out when you have no money and basically forced you to work while you didnt even had to. and you still try to care for that when everyone knows shes wrong? si yoon... im disappointed in you.” he said as he walked away. 

 

maybe i shouldnt have said that. jong in has done what he could and i appreciated that he didnt dump me. but i was angry because we are still living in a lie. i also went through so much to make sure everyone was happy... but it was tore down just like this. i vented my anger on jong in when it was supposedly for krystal.

 

my phone suddenly started ringing.

 

“taemin?” i said as my voice cracked. i was actually about to break down and cry before taemin called me.

 

“hey si yoon. its lunch time there now, right? are you free to talk?”

 

“yes...“

 

“im just checking in with you. also im sorry that i told jong in about your whereabouts.”

 

“no thats okay. you were just worried for me. im sorry i didnt call you yesterday. my friend from china came to surprise me and we lost track of time.”

 

“anyways why is it so quiet? are you not in the canteen?”

 

“im at the rooftop.”

 

“why are you there...? are you okay?”

 

“taemin... i told jong in the truth yesterday... and today he confronted her... so she released the picture.”

 

“wait... i have a lot of questions... but first... why did you decide to tell him?”

 

“he knew i was being blackmailed from krystal from the start. he has been fake dating krystal to try and find out what she was blackmailing me. he leaked it out when he was drunk.“

 

“why didnt you tell me that?”

 

“i didnt had the opportunity to. besides, he didnt remember that i knew and i wanted him not to know that i know. so i just kept it to myself.”

 

“okay. got you. so krystal released the picture either way... dont take people’s words to heart okay? you know that nothing of that is true since krystal made it all up... but are you okay? i can come home tomorrow for a day if you need me.”

 

“no... im actually okay. the thing is that... jong in flipped her story and made her the bad person now.”

 

“what did he do?”

 

“he said we’re dating... which is why we hid our relationship...”

 

“wow, im shocked that jong in even took action. i thought he just wouldnt care. si yoon.... jong in actually cares for you. he wouldnt do this for anyone else. he doesnt care about his own reputation. he cares about yours. well, guess i dont have to go there anymore. youre good in his hands!”

 

“yeah... but i kind of vented my anger on him for not saying the truth and he got mad...”

 

“well... i think you should apologize. he done what is best for the situation and i honestly think it is better than saying the truth.” 

 

“yeah, i’ll try to apologize. thank you taemin. youre really like an angel.”

 

“i told you ill always be there for you right? anyways, call me tonight... ill be waiting!”

 

“i will. stay healthy, taemin.” 


throughout the day in school, i was ashamed of facing jong in. however, there was dance class before the end of day which means i will have to face him eventually.

 

i walked into the dance studio and noticed jong in was already inside stretching.

 

“hey jong in... im sorry.” i said straightforwardly.

 

“you’re sorry for?”

 

“shouting at you when you were doing whats best to for us in that situation?”

 

“are you truly sorry?” he raised an eyebrow.

 

“yes i am sorry... wait... are you just teasing me?”

 

jong in suddenly burst into laughter.

 

“ive been watching you the whole day today. you were looking at me like a little sheep.”

 

“jong in!” i stomped to him and smacked his arms repeatedly. 

 

“do you know how guilty i was?” i said angrily.

 

“ouch.. ouch.... ok stop stop!!” he held onto my arms tightly to stop me from hitting him. 

 

our face were inches away from each other. his hands were still on my arms, our eyes met and none of us has spoken up. we stayed like this until the dance teacher bursted through the door.

 

“hi lovebirds!” he waltzed in with a big smile on his face.

 

jong in and i jumped away from each other.

 

“so i heard... about the incident today. no wonder you two had so much chemistry! i knew there was something happening between you two.” 

 

...do we really? 

 

“anyways... regarding krystal... i do not tolerate with this behavior. because of this... she has been kicked out of the dance team.”

 

this hurts me.... i cant imagine how will krystal go through this...

 

jong in tapped me and shook his head lightly at me.

 

“dont worry about her, please” he mouthed to him.

 

maybe krystal really deserve it. 

 

“and since theres only two of you left in this team, i want you two to perform your piece for the upcoming school carnival.”

 

“yep. more stress for us,” i whispered to him and he laughed lightly.


“that was great! good job, you two. if you two keep up this hard work, you’ll be hearing good news during the competition. have a good rest until we meet again!” the dance teacher said before leaving the studio. 

 

“good job si yoon,” jong in walked towards me and raised his hands for a hi-5.

 

“you too,” i smiled as i hi-5 him back. we continued to stand there and look at each other.

 

“hey,” he said sheepishly.

 

“hm?”

 

“are you still up to eat with me?“

—————————

“hey... what about your fake boyfriend? wasnt he here for you?” jong in asked as we got onto the bus.

 

“dont worry about him. i have the whole weekend to spend time with him.”

 

“how are you two so close? i mean... you two are living together in a small apartment... dont you like him one bit if youre this close?” 

 

“exactly. we’re too close as friends to develop a relationship. we just know too much about each other. like i cant even think of him romantically.... i mean its the same as you and krystal... you cant force a relationship just because youre close. it doesnt work that way.”

 

“well but im not as close to krystal like you two are. she happened to be a childhood friend who was by my side growing up. but... youre right. i understand now. just because krystal was the only girl as my close friends, it feels like the whole world... including her... were expecting us to be together one day.”

 

“im glad we’re on a same page. for the first time. feels like this never happened before.” i smiled genuinely at jong in. maybe this break that we had soften our grudge against each other. and maybe this break had made me feel how much i actually liked jong in more than a friend.

 

“so... is he staying at home now?” 

 

“nah. he has his own itinerary on the weekdays since he knows i have school. also it’ll be pointless to hang out after school since i have to work in the evening later.”

 

“talking about that... since everything’s over... will you be moving back? my mum was worried for you but i lied to her that after your school trip you went back home for a family issue.”

 

“i will. i cant worry your parents further. also, working and studying has really drained me.”

 

“im so sorry.”

 

“no... thank you for standing up for me. im sorry that i was so focused on the fact that you tore down what i have accepted to suffer... when in fact you actually ended my suffering so that i could free again.... anyways enough about me. how are you doing with math without me?”

 

“not as well as before but im still doing pretty good. i stick to the same studying method like we did but sometimes its still better to have someone teaching you.”

 

“thats good. im proud of you, jong in. i really am.”

 

i saw a tint of blush on jong in’s cheeks. 

 

“oh! we’re here!”he quickly said as he stood up.


we talked about random stuff while eating. we actually had so much in common and it was nice to see us get along for the first time when there is no conflict. there was nothing to hide between us.

 

“oh my god! i lost track of time! i have to go now.” i said as i looked at my phone for the time.

 

“ill walk you there?” he asked.

 

“why are you so free? i thought you wanted nothing to do with me?” i as we walked to my workplace.

 

“i... just wanted to spend time with you. i feel sorry. i wanted to say sorry... to you.” he said genuinely.

 

“jong in... its okay. im also sorry that i hid it from you in the first place. if only i was honest to you in the beginning, we could have solved it together.”

 

“youre right. lets not hide anything from each other. you can depend on me, si yoon...” he drifted off the last sentence.

 

“yes. you can depend on me too, jong in.” i repeated his sentence with a more sincere tone.

 

he blushed when he noticed i heard him.

 

“alright. we’re here. the month is almost over, so ill be moving back next week.”

 

“would you need any help with moving?”

 

“no, i dont think so. i only have a luggage so i should be good.”

 

“okay. ill let my parents know.”

 

we just stood there and looked at each other. why was it so difficult to part? is it because it feels like a day like this will never happen again with jong in?

 

“today was a fun day. i know we didnt do anything much today... but i had a good time.” i flustered.

 

“the same for me too.” he said softly and coughed. “anyways, im gonna let you go. make sure your friend picks you up and bring you home. its dangerous at night.”

 

“alright. ill see you in school tomorrow.” i smiled.

 

“go in,” he said. all these small gestures he does warms my heart. 

 

i turned my back on him and walked into the convenience store. i looked out in the streets through the glass and he waved at me. i felt my heart fluttered. 

—————————

“hi,” kris entered the convenience store during my shift.

 

“oh. youre early today. i still have half an hour.” 

 

“i know. i ran out of money, so i have to eat at the convenience store”

 

“seriously? where did you go today?” 

 

“no where much. i just spend too much money on clothes and snacks.”

 

“let me see. youre here early today to have free food?”

 

“my best friend really know me so well!” kris ran up to me and hugged me. i pushed him away.

 

“im not going to do some illegal that will risk my job just so you can eat. but youre in luck because i was about to throw out this expired ramyeon and banana milk.” i said as i kicked a box of expired products towards him.

 

“you’re my life saviour!” 

______________

“thanks for the dinner,” kris whispered to me as soon as he noticed me ending my shift for the day.

 

i rolled my eyes playfully. 

 

“i can borrow you some money until you go back on sunday, but you have to return me in rmb.”

 

“of course. im rich in rmb. ill even treat you to your favourite restaurant when you come back.”

 

“oh thats sounds good. its a deal then!”

 

“so... what happen yesterday? you have yet to update me about the yesterday’s incident and you left early in the morning for school before i even wake up.” kris asked as we started walking home.

 

i told him everything. from how i ended up telling him the truth last night, to confronting krystal together, to convincing the school that we are dating, and to the point until he walked me to the workplace.

 

“damn. he did that all for you? he really likes you.”

 

my phone suddenly chimed as kris’ fast reflex snatched my phone and looked at it.

 

“speaking about the devil. now i’m 100% sure he likes you.”

 

“what did he say?”

 

“are you home? did your “boyfriend” walked you home? let me know if you got home safely.” kris mocked with a gentle sweet voice.

 

“should i do a voice recording and make him jealous? or should i-“ i snatched my phone back from kris before he could even mess this up.

 

“oh my. i feel like a third wheel right now. never knew this day would come. si yoon is finally going to date someone and not cling onto me anymore! not sure if i should feel sad about it or not. maybe i can finally find a girlfriend.”

 

“kris. jong in and i never really got along until today. and ive never felt happier in my entire life before after hanging out with him like this today. i didnt want to day to end. i didnt want to part with him at all. so... im not going to let anyone screw this up this time. i love him... but im going to take things slow and let fate bring us together... if he truly likes me.”

 

“im happy for you, si yoon. i want updates. also if you guys are getting married i want to be the groomsman. if wasnt for me... you wouldnt have made a move.”

 

“marriage...” i bursted into laughter. “why are you looking into the future already? he may be just giving false signals... or maybe he’s confused with his feelings. are you that certain? you dont even know him! “

 

“hey! i may not be smart... but im good at reading people.”

 

“alright. you’re right about how if you werent there... all these wouldnt have happen and we would still be avoiding each other. and if we ever hold a wedding... i promised that youll be the groomsman.”


oof this chapter is so long... im guessing there'll be 2 chapters left and this story will be officially done! till then and stay safe guys x