Day 74

100 Days To You
day 74
 
today i woke up earlier and left the house with kai. i didnt want to face him at all.
 
i reached school and saw amber. oh. theres no one in school yet. and i need a house to stay. its the perfect time to ask her, isnt it?
 
“hey amber! youre early too huh?” i walked up her casually.
 
“yeah. i was training at the stadium for the upcoming volleyball tournament.” 
 
“ah thats great...” i drifted off. how do i ask her?
 
“whats up with you? are you okay? you looked moody yesterday and i didnt really want to disturb you.” amber asked in concerned. 
 
“yeah. i got in a big fight with my host mum and lets just say i dont have a house to stay at.”
 
“wow. a fight with your host mum?! what did you do?”
 
“yeah. its more like im embarrassed to see her again, you know? i need to cool off for a few days.” 
 
“hmm. sure. but i dont have a spare room. we’ll have to share my room.” she said and i felt bad instantly. but the chances of finding someone else who is willing to take me in for a few days is rare. would asking her who else has a spare bedroom rude...? it probably is since she already offered her own room. 
 
“thats okay! would it be okay if i come in tonight?” i asked. 
 
she nodded her head. “heres my address.” she texted me her address as a notification bell could be heard.
 
“girl. i actually cant wait now.” she said as i laughed. i hate how im just making use of her while shes genuinely so nice. lets be good friends with amber. its nothing about jong in. it just happen jong in pushed me out.
 
“me too. see you tonight!” 

it was then dance class. i entered the studio and noticed only kai was inside. i decided to turn around and leave, but he stopped me.
 
“si yoon. why are you ignoring me?” kai said.
 
“i have no choice.” i said coldly, but i swear i could feel my eyes welling up.
 
“what do you mean no choice? i mean i dont recall doing anything to bad to you. instead ive been so nice to you that-“
 
i wanted to just run up to his arms and cry.
 
suddenly, the door flew open. of course. its always krystal who came in at the wrong time. oh no. what should i do?
 
“no. i just think that we should break up. thats it.” i said as i felt a tear fell from my eyes.
 
kai was confused with what i was saying. but he did noticed krystal come in and his expressions changed.
 
“fine. okay!” he said angrily as he stormed out.
 
“are you happy now?” i shouted at krystal once he left. 
 
“youre listening really well, si yoon. good job.” she said as she snickered. what a wicked .
 
as soon as i was about to leave, she said something that stopped me in my tracks.
 
“why does it seem like you really like him?” 
 
she said and i felt my heart ached. jong in will never talk to me again. we can never be the same again.
 
no lingering feelings. lets get this over and with, and quickly graduate my out from this hell hole.
 
“it doesnt matter to you, right? you can have him all you want.” i said as i dashed out of the studio.
 
“si yoon!” taemin gasped when he saw me crying.
 
i ran into his arms and wailed like a baby.
 
he didnt ask me anything. he just let me cry on him. 
 
then i felt kai walked past me and he slammed the door close.

“jong in! what the hell is wrong with you today? yesterday was si yoon, now its you.” 
 
“sorry” jong in lowered his head.
 
“your competition is in days. you guys better practice hard. i will see you guys next week then.” the teacher said as he walked towards the door.
 
“jong in. shall we take a rest today and hang out at our old spot?” krystal asked.
 
“sure. lets go.” he responded so quickly as they both left the room before i realized it.
 
i sighed. “taemin. we better get this bread.”
 
we practice for hours until sun set.
 
“i think we’re ready!” i beamed as i wiped my sweat away.
 
“i think so too. we should let our body rest from now on. we can practice a little on the last day.” taemin said.
 
“i agree” i nodded my head.
 
“should we practice one more time while we wait for my chauffeur to come?” 

“hi uncle. this is my friend, si yoon. can we go to jong in’s house?” taemin said to the chauffeur as soon as we got into the car.
 
“taemin?” i asked when the car left the school.
 
“yeah?” 
 
“would it be possible for you to drop me off at amber’s house? is it on the way for you?” 
 
“okay. but why?” 
 
taemin is already doing this much for me without knowing what is going. should i just tell him everything? 
 
“i cant do this anymore, taemin. can you let me tell you everything, but not do anything or tell anyone else?” 
 
“i promise.” he said and i poured everything out.

“man... so... because of krystal’s blackmail, you have to “break up” with kai and move out from his house. without him knowing any of it.” he summarized and i nodded my head.
 
“i knew you two hiding the fact that you two live under the same roof would be a bad idea. everything could have been avoided if you told all of us that you two know each other because you two are living under the same roof.” 
 
“it was all jong in’s idea. i just went with it. he was embarrassed for having a girl tenant living in his house and he probably thought the class will keep teasing us together.” 
 
“but you cant live in amber’s house for long considering youre sleeping in her actual room.” 
 
“i know. once krystal get her goal, i will move back without her knowing. besides, why would she blackmail me and jong in together when she is already with jong in?”
 
“true. but what if jong in continues to reject her? because that’s what i think he going to do. especially when you, his closest girl friend at the moment, is ignoring him.” 
 
“then... ill find a part time job and find a place elsewhere to live.” 

i walked into the house and realized no one was home. i wrote a short note that im going for a school trip for few days and placed it on the fridge. i quickly ran up to my room and put everything in my bag and luggage. 
 
“where... are you going?” the voice said behind me. i quickly collect my composure. he deserve to know where im going.
 
“im... gonna live at amber’s for a few days.”
 
kai walked towards me and pushed me against the wall to stop me from packing. 
 
“why? just what did i do wrong to you?” 
 
make up something. come on, si yoon. hes been nothing these days but nice. but there was something deep inside my heart that i hated in our friendship. the lies that we have to live with. 
 
“i dont... know. i just hate how our friendship started off wrongly. why do we have to be friends secretly? so what if we live under the same roof? its not like we sleep on the same bed. i still remember the disgust in your face when you told me to pretend not to know you in school in the first day. and... a few days ago, you said i was a hassle just because you had to pick me up from krystals house as a boyfriend. its like our friendship wasnt meant to be because everything about us is fake. to others, we’re not friends. to krystal, we’re a couple. its like lies built on top of lies and its just... so messy now. all these wouldnt have happen if we were truthful about how we know each other in the first place. and i am angry at you because you were the one who started it.” 
 
“youre right... but i never knew you were feeling like this. im sorry.” he said as he slowly let go of me and i almost dropped my facade. i really thought he would be angry. but he look seriously upset. at that moment i almost wanted to tell him the truth. everything. but i cant. ive already suffered this much by not telling him.
 
“goodbye, jong in.” i said faced my back on him.

“ah si yoon! i tried calling you to warn you that jong in was home but you didnt answer... did you guys talk?” 
 
“we did. step 1 is officially done. i guess we’re no longer even friends. now we’re onto step 2 and itll be over.” 
 
after a while, we reached ambers house.
 
“thanks for doing all this for me, taemin. i will repay your good deeds one day.”
 
“dont worry about repaying. we’re friends right? just promise me you’ll give in your 100% for the competition. we dont have to get first or anything.” 
 
“i will. and we will get first, taemin. i can let krystal have jong in, but she cant have what is mine.” 

hey guys! next chapter might take a while (probably 2 weeks from now?...) since i have only written up to here so far... till then!