Day 90

100 Days To You

day 90

i took a deep breath and i frowned. this isnt my smell. i wasnt on my own bed. my eyes shot open. jong in's room. how did i get on the bed? i looked around. where is jong in?

i checked the time. 5.30 am. well im way too early for school.

i swung my legs out of the bed and before i could feel the floor, i felt like i stepped on a human.

i looked down and saw jong in sleeping on the floor.

i got off the bed by the other side. should i wake him up...?

i got on my knees and tapped him gently.

"jong in," i shook him harder.

his eyes opened slowly and when he saw me, he jumped. he got his senses back after awhile and sighed.

"good morning... uhm... do you want to sleep on the bed?" i asked sheepishly.

he shook his head. "what time is it?" he asked.

"5.32 am" i glanced up to look at the clock.

"what?!" he groaned and got up. "I'll just revise a little more"

"okay..." i nodded alittle.

"you look thin, but you were so heavy. i wanted to carry you back into your room but my arms were breaking off so i had to put you on my bed"

"really? ah, im sorry" i bowed, "and thank you! i could have woken up with a stiff neck"

"you're welcome" he said, with that almost sarcastic tone.

i walked to the door and held onto the doorknob. jong in's hands stopped me.

"my parents. they always wake up around this time. if they see you coming out from my room at this time, i dont know whats gonna happen." he said softly.

i sighed alittle and sat on his bed. i dont feel comfortable sleeping when jong in's in the room.

"you can sleep if you want. ill be studying" he gestured awkwardly. i nodded and i just laid down.

i faced the room while jong in's back faced me. his back slouched a little and had one of his hands supporting him up from the back. i smiled alittle. never did know he was pretty hardworking.

"jong in" i called him out. my voice came out hoarsely and i cleared my throat.

he turned around and looked at me.

"youre good. you dont have to keep doing anymore" i said. he didnt say anything. "unless you're wanting a perfect, then keep doing" i said sarcastically.

i patted on the bed. "lay down here, you haven't slept on the bed at all"

he looked at me as if i was saying something impossible. "youre on the bed" he said.

i hesitated a little before i spoke up "its alright"

"no im fine" he said quickly.

"then ill leave. you really need some rest" i said.

he stood up slowly and got on the bed beside me.

"sleep. ill wake you up" i said as i looked at him.

"are you gonna just sit here and stare at me?" he asked as he tucked himself under the blanket.

he spread one of his arms on the bed and raised an eyebrow on me.

"what?" i said.

"lay here." he said. i blushed a little and laid in his arms beside me. the room was quiet.

i smiled a little as i hear his heartbeat race. well, mine too.

"ah, its actually pretty uncomfortable" he fidgeted a little.

"oh really?" i said and get up.

"ah no, its okay" he pulled my arms and made me lied back down.

"hey" i spoke up after minutes of silence.

"yeah?" he replied, his voice all hoarse.

"did you hear what luhan and lay said yesterday?"

"theyre just suspecting. but if they found it, then... whatever. they cant do anything about it anyway"

"thats true" i nodded.

i looked up on him a little and asked him "what about luna and amber?"

"what did they say?"

"about me and taemin? do you think he likes me?" i said and his arms tensed around me. why...?

"its probably because youre my secret tenant. he have a crush as they said and i dont think he have forgotten her yet. besides she really pretty"

i frowned. "...so are you trying to say that im ugly for taemin to like?"

"thats your own interpretation. now sleep" i felt him smiled. jerk.

i woke up when i realized jong in was cuddling me. i shot up. oh my god, what time is it?

i shook jong in violently and he almost screamed when he saw my face.

"what!" he shouted.

"we're late, we're late!" i repeated and ran to my room to get change.

jong in got changed before i did and we ran to the bus stop.

"what period was math?" he asked at the bus stop.

"after lunch. but still, we're late" i replied.

"didnt you say you're gonna wake me up?" he frowned while panting.

"i actually fell asleep. i thought i wouldnt sleep but i still did" i said.

he just looked at me and didnt say anything else.

the bus came and we board it.

he sat behind me because the bus was empty. i threw a chewgum behind and he caught up.

"you didnt brush your teeth" i giggled.

we alighted at our school bus stop and we ran to the school. before we enter our class, i pulled him back.

"wait, we cant go in together" i said.

"itll still be a little suspicious for us to be late on the same day. we'll just say its a bus problem."

"yeah, a bus breakdown could delay us for 2 hours? thats unbelievable" i said sarcastically.

"or would you rather say "oh, both of us ended up sleeping together at 5 am and si yoon forgot to set an alarm so we ended up waking late"?"

i gave him a look and he sighed.

"fine. youll go in first." he said and left.

i knocked on the door and the teacher gestured me to go in.

"and whats your reason for being late?" he said.

"i... overslept" i said.

"okay. if youre late for three times youll be off for detention. i hope this is clear" he said and i sat beside luna. i swallowed my saliva as i recalled lunas and ambers conversation at the restaurant yesterday.

jong in never came even class ended.

i looked around and realized taemin wasnt in class too. still.

"so many people arent here today" luna stretched her arms as she stood up. "thought i was gonna be all alone"

"what? im here, babe!" amber shouted.

"i texted krystal and she said she was feeling a little sick." sulli joined in.

i walked to the washroom and texted jong in. "where are you?"

it was lunch after the next period and we all sat down. it felt different without taemin. and maybe jong in. or maybe because of lunas and ambers conversation at the restaurant.

"oh i have to say something!" luna said to the group while looking at me.

"yesterday i was with songqian and i swear i saw this couple looks like jong in and si yoon. like the guys back really look like jong in and the female style look kinda like si yoon. but amber thought i was thinking too much" luna blabbered.

i panicked on the inside and quickly said, "oh really?" i laughed away awkwardly.

"its pretty impossible because they dont even talk in school" sulli said.

"they were pretty much feeding each other. its obviously not si yoon but it does really look like jong in. it might be him with some other girls" amber said.

"jong in doesnt even talk to girls" songqian spoke up. they all giggled and joined in as well.

the bell rung and we walked to class. "are you ready for math test?" sulli asked me.

"i did revise a little-" with jong in, "but it should be alright right?"

she laughed abit. "im not good at math, so im not a good person to ask"

someone barged between us and ran pass us. sulli cursed and he looked back. jong in.

he looked at me and i quickly looked away.

"jong in's the worst" sulli whispered to me.

"really?" i looked at her.

"he never ever done well for his math test" she said. i smirked a little. jong in, prove to her you can do it!

i walked into class and sat beside jong in.

"where were you?" i asked, almost screaming.

"chill, didnt you see my text?" he shushed me.

"where were you anyway?" i repeated.

"since i was already late, it doesnt matter what time i come to class"

"so are you ready for the test?"

"i guess so" he said casually.

"dont say that! better do well or my effort on you will be wasted" i said.

"okay okay" he shushed me once again.

the teacher passed down the test paper and he allowed us to start the paper.

i finished the paper before the class ended. i looked on my right and saw jong in still doing the test. his eyes was focused on the paper.

the bell suddenly rung and the teacher took all the papers back.

"did you finished the paper?" i asked him.

"no" he sighed.

i probably expected too much. but he was really hardworking yesterday. "do you think you did well? was the paper easy for you?"

"not gonna tell you" he said.

"ah, its okay... im sure youll pass it" i said before amber walked towards me.

"hows was the test?" she asked me and jong in walked away.

"it was alright. how did you find it?"

"i didnt revise yesterday because i went out with luna till almost midnight. i should be alright" she scratched her head sheepishly.

"well, you could say me too, because i was-" i stopped as soon i realized i was about to say jong in.

"you were...?" amber repeated.

"i was helping my host mum to bake cookies late at night" i said, slapping myself in the face mentally at that ridiculous excuse.

"ah really? is she nice? maybe you could get some for me" amber said. i hope shes just joking.. or maybe ill just pretend i forgot about it.

i walked go the locker and changed into a appropriate attire for dance and walked to the studio. I seriously need to be careful with my words. at this rate, im just gonna blurt everything out one day. i opened the door and jong in was the only one in there using his phone. oh, taemin isnt here. so is krystal. theres only two of us today. i gulped.

"is there only gonna be two of us today?" my voice turned out louder than i expected in the empty room.

he nodded his head and laid down on the floor.

"did taemin text you why he didnt come to school today?"

"he had a fansign with his team today"

"wow..." i mumbled. "what about krystal?"

"how would i know?"

"why would you not know?"

"why would she tell me?" his eyebrows furrowed.

"arent you guys close?"

"no...?" he said, in a questioning tone.

"well i heard you guys have been friends since childhood, and you guys do look really close"

"as you said we have been friends for so long she does know me more than the others. but i wouldnt say im close to her. i treat her the same as the other girls. no special feelings"

"what about me?" my voice was audibly heard in my head. no. i laughed away quickly and changed the topic.

"do you think krystal recognize you yesterday?"

"she might if she notice me"

"do you think youre the reason why she isnt here today?"

"what makes you think so?"

"do you think theyre right, that krystal likes you?"

"i dont think so"

"why?"

"does it even matter to you?" he said, suddenly look directly into my eyes.

i jumped alittle as i gulped my saliva.

"well, no!" i almost shouted.

"well then, shall i accept her if she really likes me?"

"go ahead!" i said. the teacher suddenly came in.

he looked at us and said "only just two of you today? where is krystal and taemin?"

"taemin had a fansign. about krystal-"

"i heard that krystal is sick" i interrupted jong in.

"ah... okay, lets see what we can do today" the teacher said as he walked back and forth, his fingers running through his hair as he thought of something.

"lets see how the choreography works on both of you" he looked down at his watch and back up, "ill give you 5 minutes to practice and you have to show it to me"

my eyes widened. with jong in?! i just asked him to go ahead and be together with krystal, and now were gonna have physical contact? no freaking way.

the teacher left and there was only both of us again. this is getting so awkward.

jong in coughed and spoke up "so should we get started?"

i looked at him. my heart raced very hard. its just a dance okay, and ill just treat him as taemin. i nodded my head to myself and walked towards him.

we faced to faced and he looked down at me seriously.

"forget about everything now. lets get serious here and dont see me as jong in. think of me as your dance partner" he said huskily and he held my waist.

his glaze was totally different. he... totally look like a different person. this is not jong in.

the music played and we danced to every move we had been practicing with our own partner.

jong in knows what he is doing. every step he takes is firm and determined. the song ended and we never realized the teacher was all along in the room.

his jaws dropped.

"taemin is not the gem. si yoon is." he said and walked towards me.

"that was perfect, and was that just your first try?"

we nodded our head.

"i can see those passion burning in you two... that was perfect. everything was smooth and on beat. even the expressions just shows you two are meant to be"

he paused and looked away.

"i cant switch, because taemin and krystal wouldnt be able to pair up as well... ill think about it" he said.

we couldnt continue the choreography because taemin and krystal isnt here, so we ended up learning various genres of choreography.

"contemporary suits you two the best. emotions were pouring out between you two. well done, and thats all for today. ill give you two early dismissal. dont tell the rest" he said and we left.

jong in walked out first and i followed him behind. he suddenly turned around and had his palm faced towards me.

i placed my palm over his.

"we did well" he said.

"yeah" i laughed abit.

"you were really good" he said.

i looked at him. "you too. you were really serious and different. it was unexpected" i said.

he looked back at me. we were looking at each other. i smiled awkwardly and looked away. why is my heart racing?

i walked forward, increasing my pace.

he held my wrist from behind and stood really close to me.

"dont worry, youre the only girl that knows me" he whispered. my eyes widened. one part of me wanted to turn around and shout at him, but i was already blushing so hard that i just had to walk forward and ignore him.

i got to my locker and quickly got my stuffs before he came.

and for the very first time, i boarded the bus without jong in. i hope he doesnt wait for me.

i sat right at the back and laid back. my phone vibrated in my pocket and I jumped. i took out my phone and looked at the message. oh, from jong in.

"dont wait for me" he wrote. is he angry? what was that tone?

"of course not, im already on the bus" i wrote back.

"ok good" he replied seconds later. was he angry because i ran away ignoring him? should i reply a sorry? i sighed deeply and turned off my phone. whatever.

i got back home and jong in's mum was cooking.

"oh, youre back early- wheres jongin?" she asked.

"i dont know. but he texted me not to wait for him at the bus stop" i said.

"oh you two wait for each other to take the bus together?" she smiled slightly.

i nodded my head.

"ahhhh," she said in a teasing tone. we all ate dinner without jong in because he wasnt home yet. his mum kept calling him but he wasnt answering.

"did something happen between you two? he never ever done this" she asked.

"no, i dont know. sorry" i said. i honestly do not know, but it might be because of me too.

i took a bath and sat on the study table. i ped my backpack and took my homework out to do. i heard the door opened downstairs and jong in's mum went running towards the door and asked him why was he so late.

"i went to a friends house"

"had you had dinner yet?"

"no, but i dont have appetite. ill eat later" he replied and i heard footsteps coming up.

after i did my homework, I gathered my courage and went to his room. i was so nervous that i forgotten to knock his door and just went in like this.

my eyes widened. just like very first day when i saw him. topless, but this time round he didnt had his towel around his waist.

i looked down. phew. at least he had his underwear on. i looked back up to his face again.

uh oh. "sorry, i-"

"stay here." he said. i looked at him sheepishly.

"im... im sorry for running away like this. it's just... i dont know how to react to that" i stuttered.

he laughed abit. "you thought i was angry because of that? well that is actually really creepy, if i was you i would do the same thing too" he said and sighed.

"but why didnt you came home?" i asked.

"krystal called me" he said and my heart stopped. what about her?

"she called me after school crying and told me to go over. i asked her why and she said nothing. just hung up. of course who wouldnt feel worry, so i went over" he said and i nodded my head.

"she saw us at starbucks. yes, me and you. and then she confessed" he sighed once again.

so are they together now...? jong in says hes gonna accept her, right?

"i told her that we're together"

we're together.... as in we?!

"what?!" i shouted.

"there was no choice. i couldnt accept her."

"why didnt you?" i asked softly.

"i dont wanna force myself onto someone ive never liked and then be unhappy with her"

"what are we gonna do now?" i asked.

"i dont know. unless she spreads, then we have to act like couple. but i doubt it, because i told her to keep it as a secret"

i sighed. "shes so gonna treat me differently now"

"shes not that childish. she might be holding grudges at you but she wont do anything to you" he said.

"...is she okay?" i asked. it must have hurt to see someone you like hugging someone else. and to add on that she was courageous enough to confessed even she saw everything.

"i guess so. she wasn't crying when i told her. she looked serious" he said and he casually put on a shorts in front of me.

"of course! because she doesnt want to show you that shes weak!" i shouted and then said softly, "she's obviously all sad and crying.... im gonna call sulli..." i took out my phone.

jong in snatched away. "and then what youre gonna say? "oh krystal is crying because of me and jong in"? youre gonna get yourself busted! worry yourself first" he shouted back and threw my phone on the bed.

i kept quiet. "yeah... maybe I shouldn't interfere at all..." i picked up my phone and i left the room. he didnt stop me either.


yoooooooooooooooo guys! just dropping by to update!! i will try to update more regularly (during the christmas break yay) bc i have tons of stories waiting to be released here!! anyway, please share this story will your friends if you think this is a good story! till then :-)