Day 85

100 Days To You

day 85

monday. the most test day of the week. as usual, we had the grab and go breakfast while both of us walked by ourselves to the bus stop. 

the bus came not long after, and because the bus was almost full, jong in and i sat far apart.

since i was the one who got off at the school bus stop first, jong in walked behind me slowly at his own pace. my heart raced when i saw krystal at the lockers. i thought of what jong in told me yesterday. man, this is awkward.

“hi,” i said casually while opening my locker.

“hey” she said, not looking at me. still looking at her phone, she asked, “do you know wheres jong in?” she asked. wow, she really never give up, huh?

“hes behind, i mean, he told me hes coming,” i panicked. did i just got caught?

“okay thank you hun,” she said as she gave me a quick glance.

i gave her an awkward smile and quickly took my needed books for the class.

“hey there” krystal said as soon as she saw jong in walking towards the locker.

“hey,” jong in said cooly. the cringe is real and im outta here. i shut my lockers and left before krystal speaks up again.

i walked through the hallways as i saw taemin at his locker.

“hey taemin!” i beamed.

“hey si yoon... about that night... im sorry” he smiled sheepishly.

“dont worry about it. i actually had a great night. just that i have a huge hangover the next day” i laughed. “anyways, im more sorry that jong in almost punched you because of me”

“ive actually never seen him this angry before. but then again, because of you he didnt manage to punch me. so were even.” he smiled.

“i hope i didnt ruin your friendship though” i said with a more serious tone.

“nah, its okay. it might be the first ever time he wanted to punch me, but we had way more good moments to actually ruin it, you know? we’ll forget them overtime” he smiled, reassuring me.

the bell rung.

“lets hang out more often okay, without the drinking of course.” i waved goodbye to me.

“of course” he waved back and we went opposite direction.

class went by really quick. by the time i knew it, it was already lunch.

i was queuing up for my food when someone tapped me gently on my shoulders. i turned around and taemin beamed at me.

“hey, hows your day?” he asked.

“its okay. how about you?” i replied.

“its normal i guess. i was really looking forward to lunch because i can spend time with you,” he teased. “wanna sit at the same table without the rest?”

“as long as its without jongin” i whispered. he laughed wholeheartedly.

he nodded with a mischievous smile. after both of us got our food, we walked to an empty table and sat down.

before we could start eating, someone roughly placed his tray on the table and sat down in between us.

we both looked at him.

”ugh, what a boring party. if i was invited it wouldnt be this dull” he scoffed and started eating.

the table was awkwardly silent. jong in was stuffing himself, while taemin and i kept giving each other looks.

suddenly, another tray was placed on the table. i looked up and krystal gave a small smile to acknowledge her interruption.

“hey” i beamed awkwardly.

as if the table wasnt awkward enough already.

“oh jong in, i forgot to tell you. my agency wants to talk to you. i was suppose to tell you last friday when i went to your house-“

i kicked taemin before he could continue.

“ah, he wants to recruit you. w-when are you free?” he panicked and stuttered.

krystal gulped and had a serious look on her face.

“you went to jong in’s house on friday? when?”

“ah, i didnt. i had something on so i turned around.” taemin managed to compose himself.

“oh, i see” krystal’s tensed shoulders became relaxed.

jong in gave an awkward laugh. “im free anytime. give them my number”

taemin nodded his head and the table went quiet again till the bell rung.

krystal stood up with her half eaten tray and left without saying anything.

“taemin, out of all the times you could mention it why did you even mention it now? you almost got us caught” i whispered.

“i was trying to make a conversation because the atmosphere was so tense. sorry that i made it worse” taemin apologize with a smile that makes you forgive him right away.

it was math class after.

“lunch was really awkward” i mentioned softly as i sat beside jong in.

“yeah. i dont even know whats krystal trying to do” he sighed.

our math teacher walked in with a stack of paper. “are you ready for the test?” i asked.

“not really. i was thinking about what you said...”

“about what?”

“about krystal... you told me to give her a chance” he said and i felt my heart sank. i dont even know why. i dont even like this guy. why am i reacting like this?

“before you do anything, don’t forget we have to break up first” i joked.

dance class was next, which was also the last.

jong in and i walked to the lockers together since we were seat buddies and going to the same class next.

“wow, arent you two getting too obvious now?” krystal called out from behind as we reached the lockers. damn, shes getting on my nerves.

jong in laughed abit and held my shoulders and pull me closer to him. my eyes widened and i quickly pushed him away.

“cant help it,” he said, almost smirking. i honestly dont get what he is trying to do.

krystal and i walked to the washroom to change into our dance outfit.

“you know... since youre jong in’s girlfriend. i suppose that we should be actually be friends. i apologize for being you know, a little distant before. i mean, jong in is dating you right? i feel like we could actually be good friends”

why was she trying to be so nice all of the sudden? maybe she really wants to be nice. for the sake of jong in. theres no harm being nice back too right?

i smiled genuinely, but awkwardly at the same time. never knew ill be facing the nice side of krystal. might as well enjoy it while it last.

“maybe we could go shopping together? im planning to get the limited edition bag that is coming out this weekend. should we get it together?” and we are already off to a wrong start. we obviously have 0 interests in common. except dance, of course.

i giggled sheepishly. “uhm, my host family actually already planned something already, but ill ask them and let you know again”

we came out together and taemin’s eyes widened, giving me the “is krystal literally walking with you?”

“jong in, guess what. i just made friends with your girlfriend. are you afraid that im gonna steal her away from you?” krystal said as soon as we got into the room. she clinged onto my hands and we walked towards jong in.

jong in, who was drinking his water, almost choked at that sentence. however, krystal didnt seem to notice anything.

“no not at all. because she loves me alot” he said cooly while closing the bottle with a cap.

“ohh, arent you afraid that ill steal jong in from you, si yoon?” taemin who just came in, spoke with a loud voice.

“nah im good. hes not good in bed anyways” i joked, but everyone went serious. jong in ended up choking on his saliva.

“its not like youre good in bed as well” jong in regained his composure and fought back.

the dance teacher suddenly barged into class and we all kept quiet afterwards.

class was just practice, practice and practice. however taemin who was my partner made it fun and seem to make time pass faster.

“did you and jong in really had ?” taemin whispered bluntly.

i kicked his legs while pretending to dance.

“jeez, taemin! you cant tell it was a joke?”

“well, you two live under the same roof, side by side. i wouldnt even be surprise honestly,”

i rolled my eyes. “he might be the one but definitely not me”

“okay, okay, calm down. next question. why is krystal being so... weirdly nice to you?” he whispered.

“i dont even know. i thought i should just go with the flow” i replied.

“just be careful though. theres a reason why she didnt treat you well before. she wouldnt change unless she has motives” he said lowly.

“thanks taemin” i smiled to him genuinely.

“thats all for todays class. please keep practicing with your partner because the competition is near. rest well for next class” he said as he left.

“do you guys wanna hang out?” krystal asked.

“ah, we cant. the agency wants to meet jongin today, so we are actually going there now.”

“aw, what about you, si yoon? do you wanna hang out at my house instead?”

i glanced at jongin really quick, hoping he would try to help me. nope, instead, i swear i saw him stuck his tongue out at me.

“ahh, yes... sure!” i stuttered.

“i hate you” i mumbled to jong in.

“have fun” he laughed.

krystal’s chauffeur was already outside.

even after entering the car, both of them didnt say anything. should i say hi? the quietness is killing me.

“hello!” i chirped.

“o-oh hi, are you krystals friend?” he asked shyly.

i nodded my head. “how are you today?”

his eyes widened at the question and then quickly gave a quick smile. “ah, im good. thanks for asking. i havent been asked for a long time. how about you, young lady?”

“im good” i smiled. “how long have you been a chaffeur?”

“oh, a really long time. i think about 2 years before krystal was born”

“oh really? then you two should be really close!” i chirped and then realized the awkward tension. why did i say that?

“not to that extent, but i see her almost everyday. i watched her grew up from afar” he smiled and my heart sank a little.

krystal, who was using her phone, glance up and looked at her chauffeur for a second and then looked down to use her phone again. man, rich people.

after we got to krystals house, she didnt talk much. i think i might have offended her when i mentioned that.

“sorry... i invited you to my house yet im not treating you well as a guest” she said out of the blue.

“no worries, i-“

“after seeing you talk to my chauffeur, i never knew that was a lively side of him. i realized that our family never had a proper conversation with him. when you spoke to him, i saw him lit up...”

i was in completely shock with what krystal was saying. this is my first time seeing her... broken. i never knew someone who is so pretty, has everything she wants, can be broken too.

“its not your fault, krystal... its not too late to change that. maybe try opening up to him?”

krystal looked at me. “thanks siyoon... you know, youve only done good things but i had been so mean to you. i know we started off the wrong foot, but can we try again?” she said, looking very sincere.

i gave a small nod and smiled.

we watched a movie after that. i didnt stay very long because there was really nothing much to talk about. she only talked about jong in, and i had to make up so many stories on the spot about our non existent dates and romantic moments.

“why dont you stay for dinner?” she asked.

“thank you, but my host family have probably already cooked my dinner. maybe another time?” i replied politely.

she nodded her head. “do you need a ride home?”

“no, i can take the bus-“

“its getting dark though, i can-“

“its alright. jong in’s coming,” i said quickly. oh no. why did i say that?

“oh, thats so sweet of him. alright, you can hang here till he come then” oh .

“alright, im gonna call him that im ready” i took my phone out from my pocket.

i was about to stand up and go somewhere private to talk to him when krystal spoke up.

“ah, you can talk here. its not like i dont know him” she said cooly. ugh.

i dialled his number and waited for him to pick up. kim jong in, please answer...

“wow, si yoon? why did you call me? is it an emergency?” he joked. but hell yes it is.

“hi... j-“ i looked at krystal and shes staring right into me. “babe.” i might have emphasize too much on that word.

“are you on your way?” i asked.

“to where?” he asked. oh no. it sounded like he was still at the agency.

“im ready. you can pick me up now at krystals house”

“oh damn. okay im coming” he sighed and i quickly hang up.

“what did he say?” she asked nosily.

“hes on his way.” i said.

about half an hour later, the doorbell of my saviour has come.

krystal got up from the sofa and opened the door.

“ugh, i wish i have a boyfriend who can bring me home” she said playfully and let him in.

“are you guys best of friends now?” he joked.

“yes. si yoon’s a very sweet girl. now i know why shes your girlfriend” she said without any hesitation.

“i know that” he said and took my hands.

“thanks for having me, krystal. see you tomorrow” i smiled.

she walked towards me and gave me an awkward hug. jong in was still holding my hands.

she pulled away and waved goodbye to me.

jong in and i walked out from the house. i realized we were still holding hands. he probably should have noticed too, right? should i let go or not?

“what made krystal a change person just now?”

some things are meant to not reveal.

“i dont know... we just talk” i said casually.

“ha, i dont believe” he simply replied.

we walked quietly side by side as the sun set. the crickets got noticeably louder after we stopped talking.

“what happened at the agency?” i asked.

“the agency wanted to sign a contract with me. you know, it was somewhat a dream to be like taemin for a long time. i didnt had courage to audition like how taemin did. but then i got noticed. i was intending to sign the contract. but as soon as i got the contract, i thought back at how stress and tired taemin was. he misses school so often, hes always away, he has a strict diet, he doesnt even have time to hang out with friends... and i dont want to go through the same thing.”

“but after all you said that its your dream right? not like youre doing really well in school either” i whispered the last sentence.

“i heard you, okay. im doing better at my studies now. dont you notice, tutor?” he rasied an eyebrow at me.

“sorry. that was really blunt of me”

“wow, si yoon’s apologizing? youre full of surprises today, huh. krystal thinks youre her best friend now, and now you actually do apologies!” he joked.

“im actually a nice person okay. but jong in, when theres an opportunity, grab it quick before its gone.” i said seriously.

he looked down at me softly. i looked back at him and felt as it time has stop. the glowing sunset rest on jongin’s tan glimmering skin, even his soft eyes sparkled, making him look more surreal than before. how can a man be this beautiful?

“a-ah, we better speed up. we dont wanna miss the bus yeah?” i said awkwardly.

he nodded nonchalantly and he kept up behind me, with our hands still intertwined. he was really not being jongin now, but holding his hands made me feel safe walking on the empty road.

“do you know when you called me i was still at the agency?” jong in spoke up. we were sitting side by side even though the bus is empty.

“yeah i knew. sorry about that. were you in the middle of the interview?”

“no. we just ended. but taemin wanted to have dinner together. when you call, i had to rush here.”

“i feel bad now. couldnt you just drop me and told me that?”

he opened his mouth looking like he wanted to say something but didnt say anything. he quickly closed and just looked at me.

“i dont know. i thought you called because you needed me to save you from krystal. i didnt expect to come and see you two being best friends” he finally spoke up.

“well, technically you did save me from krystal. it was still awkward. so... thank you” i said, giving him a small genuine smile.


hey guys! i am back! i apologized as this chapter was in my draft for two years... but the good news is that i am back to focus only this story! (its my very last incompleted fic since i used my time to work on the other fics that was incompleted as well)

this story is less plot-driven but with more complex relationships hence i put this story as the last to work on. i am also most underprepared for this fic but the ending is already determined (day 1= together with kai?) and the fact that it is only day 85 but we can see the chemistry between both of them means i need actual drama in this fic. but anyways... i will still try my best and finish this fic! i aim to finish this fic by the end of this year.

after this fic, i MIGHT move to ao3 to upload all of this fic there, and might even continue to write more fanfics (i have a few story with good plots that i wrote years ago)

follow me on every social media @ belvawsy and my youtube for bts lofi remix @ www.youtube.com/belvawsy